SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2015, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by deadzone
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaZeto View Post
any good props that wont shatter on a not so perfect landing. I have gone through 4 fms props trying to greese this baby and every time DINK there goes a blade. At this point I am just learning landings and need a 2 or 3 blade prop that has some give. Kind of like the ones on the champ
Good idea to go to different prop until you are more use to this. I feel I am pretty close to expert at landing mine and I still have occasional prop breaks. Just yesterday chipped prop on takeoff due to hitting small rock/pebble on runway. These are the most fragile props I have ever used (but look and perform awesome).

I tried an APC 7x6 E prop and it flew okay. But I recall was a pain in the ass to mount because there is no simply prop adapter for these motors to fit APC.
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2015, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by Suko
United States, WA, Mukilteo
Joined Apr 2013
1,224 Posts
Hey everyone. My buddy was flying this plane and lost control and it nosed in. The planes in OK shape, but the shaft is terribly bent. I know we can replace the shaft, but we both would rather just buy a new motor to put into it. I usually buy my parts and stuff from Hobby Kind and was wondering if any of you could offer a good recommendation on a replacement motor from them that is shipped from the West Coast warehouse?

I was thinking this looks like a good replacement (slightly lower Kv, but that's not a big deal for him).
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

It looks similar to the original motor:
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a625-09...lessmotor.html
Suko is offline Find More Posts by Suko
Old Jun 14, 2015, 02:48 AM
Find More Posts by KCinNC
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,745 Posts
I bought a few of these motors from Hobby King for my 800mm planes. I installed one in my P-51 Mustang and it flies better than the stock motor

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...tor_250w_.html

the only problem is the motor mount holes don't line up exactly to the stock mount. I just drilled the holes to match.

here are the two motors side by side....stock motor is on the left
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 15, 2015, 01:56 AM
Find More Posts by Suko
United States, WA, Mukilteo
Joined Apr 2013
1,224 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for the suggestion.

Did it come with the threaded shaft?
Suko is offline Find More Posts by Suko
Old Jul 01, 2015, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by Cr8nkyM0nk3y
Joined Jun 2015
5 Posts
Does anyone own or has flown both the FMS T-28 V2 (ie as sold by motionrc) and the current airfield T-28 (nitroplanes)?

I've tried to follow along from the history of the thread, it appears as though owners of original FMS/airfield T-28 were unhappy with the flying characteristics and quality of the "new" airfield brand but from what I can tell, the FMS V2 is more like the original but perhaps a little easier to fly?
Cr8nkyM0nk3y is offline Find More Posts by Cr8nkyM0nk3y
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
Find More Posts by KCinNC
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr8nkyM0nk3y View Post
Does anyone own or has flown both the FMS T-28 V2 (ie as sold by motionrc) and the current airfield T-28 (nitroplanes)?

I've tried to follow along from the history of the thread, it appears as though owners of original FMS/airfield T-28 were unhappy with the flying characteristics and quality of the "new" airfield brand but from what I can tell, the FMS V2 is more like the original but perhaps a little easier to fly?
I have and fly both....you will never know the difference ! I can't tell the difference myself after they are built
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC