New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2015, 03:39 PM
Find More Posts by maccardiolog
Joined Mar 2014
138 Posts
Hello ElGuano . Could I use two MadDog 2700 mAh in my Phantom 1.1.1 - at once of course -with a (extremely ) modification of the interior ? ( not DIY one bigger one from two - it is too dangerous to make it for me ...) . Thank you
maccardiolog is offline Find More Posts by maccardiolog
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2015, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by gloworm
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
walkera G-2D gimbal

Hi all need some help! Just fitted a walkera gimbal and it seems to be working fine But not sure if the default setting of gimbal output switch 50 KHz is correct ! As there are 2 frequencys in the Walkera spec sheet 2000 Hz.... and motor driven frequency = 46KHz ? Which one do I need. Dur. sorry for being a dummy but a bit new on phantoms and gimbals.. Thanks glo.
gloworm is online now Find More Posts by gloworm
Last edited by gloworm; May 04, 2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old May 03, 2015, 11:59 AM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
walkera G-2D gimbal

Double post Sorry!!!! Must be an old age thing LOL
Last edited by gloworm; May 04, 2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Double post Durrrrrrr.
Old May 03, 2015, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by dotster77
1000 Islands NY State
United States, NY, Alexandria Bay
Joined Aug 2013
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccardiolog View Post
Hello ElGuano . Could I use two MadDog 2700 mAh in my Phantom 1.1.1 - at once of course -with a (extremely ) modification of the interior ? ( not DIY one bigger one from two - it is too dangerous to make it for me ...) . Thank you
I can answer that since I have done it.. Yes, they will fit..
dotster77 is offline Find More Posts by dotster77
Old May 06, 2015, 03:28 PM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
Walkera G-2D gimbal

Hi all' seem to have answered my own question..... the Naza-M refresh rate is 400 Hz
and the Walkera gimbal refresh rate is 2000 Hz...... the motor driven frequency refresh rate is
46 KHz = 46000 Hz .... so anyone who want's to use this gimbal is safe to use 400Hz from the DJI drop down list on the gimbal settings.... as your not going higher than the DJI Naza refresh rate or the servo refresh rate!....The servo refresh rate...means the gimbal motors... as they are acting as servos .... I set mine at 200 Hz..... but I have used it at 400Hz with no problems. regards glo.
Last edited by gloworm; May 08, 2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old May 08, 2015, 02:47 PM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
Phantom with a walkera gimbal and some of the mods I did to the TX

HI all ' just thought I would post a few pic's of my phantom and some mods I did to the TX.
Old May 08, 2015, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
1,876 Posts
Interesting landing gear. Did you design and print the arm brackets? I don't think I've seen those before. I'm guessing the "swollen foot" is for visual orientation? Your RX antennas don't flop around in flight? Thanks for sharing!
Dave Pitman is offline Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old May 08, 2015, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by PapaRC
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2010
101 Posts
Charge socket? Presumably to charge ni-mh batteries. So you have some kind of charger in there?
PapaRC is offline Find More Posts by PapaRC
Old May 09, 2015, 05:43 AM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman View Post
Interesting landing gear. Did you design and print the arm brackets? I don't think I've seen those before. I'm guessing the "swollen foot" is for visual orientation? Your RX antennas don't flop around in flight? Thanks for sharing!
Hi Dave when you say the arm brackets do you mean the bits the third leg and compass are fitted to ? All I did was make a cardboard template and cut them out of a sheet of Formica ' all the legs are DIY ' you are correct in thinking the swollen foot is for orientation ' the idea behind having 3 legs rather than 4 is that 3 legs will always touch the ground 4 may not' It doesn't seem to make a difference by having the RX antennas just hanging down ' as they are so short and quite stiff it has never caused me a problem. BTW IMHO the best place to put a set of landing legs is directly under the motors!.... Regards glo.
Last edited by gloworm; May 09, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old May 09, 2015, 06:19 AM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRC View Post
Charge socket? Presumably to charge ni-mh batteries. So you have some kind of charger in there?
Hi PapaRc ' yep using ni-mh batteries' but no charger in TX' just using an external charger. Regards glo.
Last edited by gloworm; May 09, 2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old May 09, 2015, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by PapaRC
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2010
101 Posts
Ah ok i gotcha. Thanks.
PapaRC is offline Find More Posts by PapaRC
Old May 09, 2015, 09:57 PM
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloworm View Post
Hi Dave when you say the arm brackets do you mean the bits the third leg and compass are fitted to ? All I did was make a cardboard template and cut them out of a sheet of Formica ' all the legs are DIY ' you are correct in thinking the swollen foot is for orientation ' the idea behind having 3 legs rather than 4 is that 3 legs will always touch the ground 4 may not' It doesn't seem to make a difference by having the RX antennas just hanging down ' as they are so short and quite stiff it has never caused me a problem. BTW IMHO the best place to put a set of landing legs is directly under the motors!.... Regards glo.
I was referring to the parts that mount under the motors that the rods attach to. The landing legs under the motors make good sense.

Cheers!
_
Old May 10, 2015, 01:42 PM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman View Post
I was referring to the parts that mount under the motors that the rods attach to. The landing legs under the motors make good sense.

Cheers!
_
HI Dave ' got what you mean now..... have posted a pic of underside of phantom to give you a better idea' the only thing is it don't show the table tennis ball
on the rear leg and the gimbal... I also shortened the compass leg' more then that pic shows .... you could use ply wood instead of the 6mm orange plastic sheet I used.
If you were to use ply what I do after I have sanded it smooth is cut a finger off a set of surgical rubber gloves...place it on your finger... put a spot of cyno on the end and rub it all over the ply' this gives a surface that will take paint and toughens the wood . I have also posted a link to the phantom FC40 forum where there are a lot more pic's of how I made the legs. You will need to go to bottom of page as I don't know how to post just the bit that you are asking about' sorry about that. regards glo... BTW... look at the RX antenna wire in the pic' it don't even fall over under it's own weight' don't worry about it just hanging down' never caused me a problem.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...054025&page=39
Last edited by gloworm; May 10, 2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old May 10, 2015, 03:19 PM
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
1,876 Posts
Nice mod, thanks for sharing (I don't follow the FC40 thread). I stayed with the stock landing gear on my P1 as I always hand catch. But if I were to change to a better landing solution, yours looks good.

I see what you mean about the antennas. I didn't realize they were that stiff.