to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2014, 02:10 PM
Joined Jul 2014
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
With the high lvc, I'm thinking 500mah
Ive been using a nano tech 600 mah with this rig

Auw is 52g. The bat is 16g. Im now getting after beating them up a dependable 6 mins of fpv flight time. it flies fairly well but i need to shed some weight somewhere. Still working on it.
jhan1 is offline Find More Posts by jhan1
Old Dec 23, 2014, 01:45 PM
Gaui X3, Diatone 250 Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,665 Posts
Looking to build a micro quad to carry a VA1100 FPV system from Spektrum

So far I've arrived at:

Flight Controller from Nano QX FPV (supposedly has lower LVC and higher current capacity?)
Picnic Quads Efficiency II 100mm Frame
MMW 0720-12 Motors w/ Hubsan X4 Carbon Fiber Props by Xtreme Production
Hubsan X4 380mAh 1s LiPo

Sounds good? How much flight time should I get? Do you think that battery will be a bit small for decent flight time with 7mm motors and FPV system? Should I go up to 600mAh or something?

Last, whatever battery I get, I don't know where to get a connector that will work with the battery I do get. What is a good source of battery connector pigtails?
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:04 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,970 Posts
stumbled onto this thread as my nqx isnt cutting it for me with an fpv system, researching..
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:23 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
stumbled onto this thread as my nqx isnt cutting it for me with an fpv system, researching..
Even full sized quads have terrible video. The nqx isn't bad. You can do better of course, but not a lot better. At least image quality wise. More power, more better of course.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Dec 23, 2014, 08:50 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,970 Posts
I have a 250 and a 450 already, wanted a tiny one for in the house and messing around in my small yard. Ive had the nqx a couple years, figured it would be fun to fpv, but not enough power.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,052 Posts
The cam on the nano qx fpv is actually sort of terrible. Firstly the lens has focus issues parts of the image remain slightly out of focus while other parts look ok. The camera literally goes black and shuts off in low light. So if your are flying around your house and pass through a dark area it could go black on you until it gets more light then it returns to normal operation.

But all in all I still love the thing and I am happy with the purchase.
slowjett is online now Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Joined Jul 2014
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowjett View Post
The cam on the nano qx fpv is actually sort of terrible. Firstly the lens has focus issues parts of the image remain slightly out of focus while other parts look ok. The camera literally goes black and shuts off in low light. So if your are flying around your house and pass through a dark area it could go black on you until it gets more light then it returns to normal operation.

But all in all I still love the thing and I am happy with the purchase.
I agree the camera has its faults but the size and weight of this thng all but makes up for it.

I was having a ball with mine but i plugged in a battery last night and smelled burning. Something on the board fried and now the front right motor just spins with no input. Ordered the new fpv nano board. Hopefully it is a better fc for our purposes. Maybe 8.5mm motors
jhan1 is offline Find More Posts by jhan1