SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 25, 2013, 07:35 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
624 Posts
Apparently the Americans who got into Witch finding used Matthew Hopkins's book The Discovery of Witches as inspiration.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old May 25, 2013, 07:48 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Interesting to note that, even in this 21st Century, there are huge numbers of Americans who still believe in demons, evil spirits and the like, and who firmly believe that those supernatural beings stalk the earth. All very sad, but that's religion for ya.
Are you talking about native Americans?? Yes add them to that whacky group as well. Some of the earliest cave drawings in all parts of the world depict what you mention and you single out Americans?? That's interesting.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old May 25, 2013, 07:51 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Looks like The Loonies are about to kick-off! (Must be the end of the Football season).

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-aler...7.html#wqhatpJ
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old May 25, 2013, 07:57 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Are you talking about native Americans?? Yes add them to that whacky group as well. Some of the earliest cave drawings in all parts of the world depict what you mention and you single out Americans?? That's interesting.
Those earliest cave paintings from tens of thousands of years ago, and posters from several hundred years ago don't equate to the here and now.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old May 25, 2013, 08:01 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Those earliest cave paintings from tens of thousands of years ago, and posters from several hundred years ago don't equate to the here and now.
OK. I can see this argument turning into parsing what exactly and evil spirit is. Exactly who believes in them, percentages, demographics, etc. and so on. So............I'll just say, OK leccy

Maybe Norman will post some pics of his witch girlfriends from back in the day. They probably have mild facial burns from the gunpowder flashes.
Old May 25, 2013, 09:47 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Interesting to note that, even in this 21st Century, there are huge numbers of Americans who still believe in demons, evil spirits and the like, and who firmly believe that those supernatural beings stalk the earth. All very sad, but that's religion for ya.
Well, that may be true, but we keep the worst of these "demons, evil spirits, and the like" isolated as much as possible in our National Demon Reserve located in Washington D.C., until we can find a way to send them back from whence they came.
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3
Old May 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
OK. I can see this argument turning into parsing what exactly and evil spirit is. Exactly who believes in them, percentages, demographics, etc. and so on. So............I'll just say, OK leccy

Maybe Norman will post some pics of his witch girlfriends from back in the day. They probably have mild facial burns from the gunpowder flashes.
Only ever had one girlfriend, Knife - and I'm still married to her after 43 years!

Would you like to 'discuss' that comment with her? (Hint: Answer 'No'!)
Old May 25, 2013, 11:44 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Only ever had one girlfriend, Knife - and I'm still married to her after 43 years!

Would you like to 'discuss' that comment with her? (Hint: Answer 'No'!)
That's quite a milestone! She should be nominated for a nobel prize or something for putting up with you

Janine and I will hit the 3 year marke soon, 40 to go!!!!
Old May 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
That was Christians killing old ladies in the name of Jesus.
Correction: that was RELIGION killing old lady's to maintain their power.

Then, speaking to His disciples, He said of the Pharisees, "All their works they do to be seen by men" ( Matthew 23:5).
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
That's quite a milestone! She should be nominated for a nobel prize or something for putting up with you

Janine and I will hit the 3 year marke soon, 40 to go!!!!
She's lucky to have me... (it's OK, she ain't reading this..).

Pahh... you youngsters are all the same.. you'll mellow as you get on a bit!