SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Dec 2011
135 Posts
Question
mSR X = twitching servo

The aileron servo started twitching over that last few days.

I can get it to simmer down based on rotor position, or if I cradle it in my hand on it's side (almost like holding a baby bird). It usually stops twitching in flight, but sometimes not and you can see it shuddering in the air like it's having a micro-seizure.

Nothing on the bird has changed AFAIK, any ideas how to fix?
octanejunkie is offline Find More Posts by octanejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
It's probably just dirty. I clean the contacts on the board by removing the servo (4 itty bitty screws) and swabbing the metal strip on the board gently with rubbing alcohol. Also make sure there's no dirt in the servo mechanism itself. I've done this twice in the 2 months I've owned my mSR X
jim29 is offline Find More Posts by jim29
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Dec 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim29 View Post
It's probably just dirty. I clean the contacts on the board by removing the servo (4 itty bitty screws) and swabbing the metal strip on the board gently with rubbing alcohol. Also make sure there's no dirt in the servo mechanism itself. I've done this twice in the 2 months I've owned my mSR X
Yup, that was it - thanks!
octanejunkie is offline Find More Posts by octanejunkie