SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:39 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
I dont get to see green grass til May... Who said you canna fly Fin? Great first time, I sure didnt do that well my first time.
I cannot tell a lie sir (well I can, but I won't here ). This was just the first time out for Big Bird II, my 2nd F645. Got my 1st one about 3 weeks ago and must have run about 20 batteries through it hammering it into the ground, getting it stuck in trees, missing the river by about 6 inches... you know how it is bud

Quote:
and looks like your video editor does things mine dont (or i dont know how LOL). I am for with new software.
I'll PM you anyway and have a look at the software. Not exactly a genius myself, but if I find out things it does that you don't know about I can give you a heads-up. If it's not what I'm looking for I can buy a licence for the Wondershare for about 30 - 40 bucks. Not on too much of a hurry and the watermark doesn't bug me yet.

I'll keep sending you vids with grass in it so you don't forget what it looks like .

Happy polar bear hunting buddy, maybe you can send the F45 up to do a bit of spotting for you .

Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:22 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello Nachbar !
I have a genuine B6AC, and yes there is also a DC input (from 11 to 18 V).
There is even a cable with 2 alligator clips on one end and the connector that fits in the DC input on the other end supplied in the box.

I have the B6Ac since 6 months and I am very happy with it, it works just fine and indicated voltages are correct within 0.01 volt.

Roland
Hey Kumpel

Hmmmm, wonder what the "AC" stands for then. I would just have assumed you couldn't use it with DC

Thanks for the info. Just ordered myself an original IMAX B6, so hopefully I'll be as happy with it as you are with yours. Good to know they deliver what they promise

Happy flying, hope the weather over your way is a bit less wet than ours.
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:40 PM
toy? but it's a fun toy....F45
United States, OR, Mehama
Joined Jan 2013
115 Posts
Hey Arrowshooter.....that is BRILLIANT! "BTHIRSK" thought it could be some loose connectors, well that should sop up some of the play. I might even try that on the other servo....but only if this doesn't work. Once i can isolate the problem i can buy the new parts to replace my already new parts...BUT THATS OK, i want it right. Thanks man
fishndorkr is offline Find More Posts by fishndorkr
Last edited by fishndorkr; Feb 01, 2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added BTHIRSK
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
i was wondering if anyone knows if the flybar from a gt qs 8500 will work on this?it is a little longer then stock but it is made of plastic with obblong ends with lights on the ends or is this a waste of time i put a different flybar from a 9077 which is simular to this on a double horse 9118 and it help plus looks good at night
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
115 Posts
Quote:
Fish welkies to the best forum about the 'best bang for your heli-buck' copter. I have 2 f45's, an old style and the new style. Neither of mine have the sort of slop that you describe. The '45 head is so good, the lads are putting it on 450 class helis as a FP option. I would examine the head carefully, perhaps they left the bushing outta the blade grip center.
Else, with this much slop (its alot) I would vote on 'get on the horn to the supplier and sort this clusterfk' ASAFP
Cheers
Bob
"Thanks BTOTW......thats good to know, sounds like the guy on EBAY just unloaded his worn out one and put it back in the original box. I got some good suggestions from BTHIRSK and ARROWSHOOTER to perhaps isolate the problem so i can just buy a few new parts."
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Whoo Hooooo!

Got my replacement motor yesterday and was actually able to fly tonight after work. Sure is nice having three batteries now, just had to let it cool a bit between flights. Had clear skys with 5-7 mph winds, wasn't perfect but pretty good, just cold. Temps dropped yesterday severely, went from rain to snow over night. Hope it will be at least this good in the morning, went two weeks without a main motor, had to dust the rust off my fingers. Will be glad to see what difference the brushless motor makes myself when my unit gets here from China. Now I need to get a good charger, looking at the turnigy from HK. Then want to try the xtreme carbon fiber blades, but I need more stick time before I jump on those. Good flying fellas, gotta go eat with the wife and grandaughter. New restaurant just opened today that we used to eat at when we lived in Florida. Can't wait! Tom
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishndorkr View Post
Hey Arrowshooter.....that is BRILLIANT! "BTHIRSK" thought it could be some loose connectors, well that should sop up some of the play. I might even try that on the other servo....but only if this doesn't work. Once i can isolate the problem i can buy the new parts to replace my already new parts...BUT THATS OK, i want it right. Thanks man
I think you will be surprised.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Jan 2013
115 Posts
up & down tail porpoising fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
You need to do the rubberband trick which is to run a rubber band between the canopy mounts and over the elevator swash linkage.
THANK YOU ,THANK YOU , THANK YOU, The old "rubber band trick" done the job! It took the UP/DOWN wag completely away. Now for the 1st time i can actually see what people see in this helicopter! Totally fly's and hovers great!

UP/DOWN WAGGING PROBLEM SOLVED.........Great tip.

"Good on all you" that helped solve this problem!!!!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
"Thanks BTOTW......thats good to know, sounds like the guy on EBAY just unloaded his worn out one and put it back in the original box. I got some good suggestions from BTHIRSK and ARROWSHOOTER to perhaps isolate the problem so i can just buy a few new parts."
yanno... a really good way to judge whether or not it has hours on it... pop the tail motor out, there are a couple of holes on the flat sides, if there is a goodly amount of fine black dust around them holes, it has been used. else, you need something, say the word
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:53 PM
Warrior
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Hello,
I am needing help with my F645. I tried using a 7.4 2200mAH. When I lug it in it flutters as normal. Then turn on the TX and goes through the binding process. When I start to throttle, the motor gives a quick kick then nothing. Completely dead. I then went back to the stock battery and it did the same thing. After repeating the binding process with the stock battery, it did start working again. I'm afraid to try the 2200 again in fear of causing damage. I just got the bird 3 days ago and love it. I just want more flight time The battery is fully charged.....double checked that.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Thanks so much.
jwarrior is offline Find More Posts by jwarrior
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:06 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,314 Posts
Quote:
THANK YOU ,THANK YOU , THANK YOU, The old "rubber band trick" done the job! It took the UP/DOWN wag completely away. Now for the 1st time i can actually see what people see in this helicopter! Totally fly's and hovers great!

Yes your right, that does work good! I tried it a few days ago on mine and it got rid of my "wobbly F45 dance"!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:

Cheers fish, this is what we are about... many who are one
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:49 PM
Warrior
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarrior View Post
Hello,
I am needing help with my F645. I tried using a 7.4 2200mAH. When I lug it in it flutters as normal. Then turn on the TX and goes through the binding process. When I start to throttle, the motor gives a quick kick then nothing. Completely dead. I then went back to the stock battery and it did the same thing. After repeating the binding process with the stock battery, it did start working again. I'm afraid to try the 2200 again in fear of causing damage. I just got the bird 3 days ago and love it. I just want more flight time The battery is fully charged.....double checked that.

Well, whatever it was that it didn't like about the 2200 is now gone and let me tell ya...it flies like a beast and FAST!
jwarrior is offline Find More Posts by jwarrior
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarrior View Post
Hello,

J, thats the over-current protect circuit in operation. Is this the 'MJX F45/645 upgrade 2200maH Li-po' battery? If so, its junk. I bought one, it didnt make 10 charge/discharge cycles before failure. Get in touch with the supplier for resolution. Techntoys refunded me the entire amount without a thought. (saving themselves a customer)
The lads swear by them nano-tech 2000 maH 20c batteries... I even got a couple. The nano-tech weighs 2 grams more yet packs 500 maH more capacity than the stock one. Only issue is you have to mod the battery box, as the nano-tech is longer and narrower than the stock battery.
Last edited by BobTopofTheWorld; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: scatterbrained LOL
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imper View Post
Why have none of you guys mounted a gopro to yours? ]
The price and weight ;-)
I use an 808 keychain camera #16, a lot cheaper also.

HD #16 808 Keychain Camera Lens D vs. GoPro Hero HD (1 min 8 sec)

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor