SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2002, 01:25 PM
Tork it or Dork it
Elizabethville,PA USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,198 Posts
2400CP Question

On my 16' Zagi project that I'm going to be working on in a couple of weeks when it arrives I am planning on using 2 packs of 10x2400CP Zapped. Its going to use 4 geared Endo's (same setup as the E3D uses) with 2 speed controls. 1 speed control and battery pack for each 2 motors. So I'll be getting about 70amps for two motors. Can the 2400CP Zapped Cells take that much or not? If not what cell do i have to go to that can take that many?
Thanks
Ryan
Ryan Nau is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Nau
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2002, 01:59 PM
Product Manager at Hobbico
United States
Joined May 2000
5,163 Posts
Be carefull about running multiple endo's in series. I did that with my OV-10, and although an endo on 10 cells, at 40 amps works great and lasts,.. the two of them in series on 20 cells had "problems". I can only think that one saw more voltage and current than it should have on occassion. I'm re-wiring the OV-10 and installing two ESC's, so it will be two seperate 10 cell systems. I hope this will work,.. as a single endo in each side will be the result, which normally works well,..rather than a 20-cell series setup. If I still have a problem, it's got to be the cowled-in installations not having enough cooling. Should be neet,.. flat spins with one motor off, and one full tilt .
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Feb 07, 2002, 02:24 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,788 Posts
It also depends on your flying style. Sanyo 2400 have no problems taking these kind of currents for short bursts, but for continuous running 35-40A is about the maximum the cells can take without "undressing" themselves. Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Feb 07, 2002, 02:33 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
What Jurgen said..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W