Old May 06, 2013, 04:58 PM
Varese
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho GX21 motor :-((

Hi guys,
Please help me out of this.
I got a Kyosho Inferno Neo with a GX21 motor about a month ago. After two tanks the pullstart broke (post-mortem analysis showed that one-way bearing(!) got stuck, thereby destroying the pullback spring). After a quick review of options and costs I decided to remove the pullstart and to get an RB starter box. I drove happily for about 3 litres of 16% fuel until the connecting rod broke down. When it broke it cracked a piece off the piston which ended up inside the cylinder, what a disturbing view.
After another survey of options and costs I buy a new motor from a guy on ebay. It arrived today and was brand new, not a grain of dust on it, no oil, no nothing! New. It started immediately and I ran it on idle for half a tank - waited for 15 min and ran the rest of the tank. On the second tank I felt that the motor was quite hard to start so I loosened the glow plug half a turn and trie again without success.
hmm.....
I took it into the lab, un mounted the motor and tried to turn it. It seemed like the piston was going very tight in the upper position, even without the glow plug. It was not compression that stopped it. I turn the motor by hand for a few rounds and it seems to loosen up a bit, so I mount it back on the car and start up again. This time (second tank) I decide to stop at half tank and wait/cool. After 20 minutes or so I try t start up again. It's a bit hard, but that's how it was before too, so I try again.
Suddenly my RB started starts to throw out fumes, and soon after it is broken. I can hardly make the engine turn, the pullstart string breaks.
I am back to zero minus 400 euros.
Any suggestions?
PS I am new to cars and glow engines. I have 4-5 years of plane and helicopter models though, I understand that everything has to be learnt and that experience and a good hand is paramount. But this does not feel right.
Whats' the matter here? is it kyosho gx21, is it the RB starter, or is it only me who can't understand cars so I should stick to helicopters instead?
parapendioper is offline Find More Posts by parapendioper
to remove ads between posts