Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:04 PM
Heli fan
England
Joined Jan 2011
9 Posts
Build Log
Solo pro tail motor upgrade

Hi people
i want to upgrade the tail motor on my solo pro. I was thinking of using one from a blade msr but not sure how much improvment this will make. I aldo like the idea of making the tail shaft driven but can find very little info on this.

Can any one point me to s good motor or a guide on making the tail shaft driven. Also opinions on the blade motor

Dave
Rc knighty is offline Find More Posts by Rc knighty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Shaft drive would be very impractical. The MSR tail motor is your only viable choice. There are very few coreless motors.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:28 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc knighty View Post
Hi people
i want to upgrade the tail motor on my solo pro. I was thinking of using one from a blade msr but not sure how much improvment this will make. I aldo like the idea of making the tail shaft driven but can find very little info on this.

Can any one point me to s good motor or a guide on making the tail shaft driven. Also opinions on the blade motor

Dave
The motor is strong enough, I think you want a more responsive tail, right? You think the Solo Pro has a low piro rate, right? That can be achieved for free by turning down the gyro. Check this vid for the results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-fjt...layer_embedded

And here is shown how you do this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008

If you do want to try a stronger tail motor, get a Bravo SX tail set, and shorten it to Solo Pro tail boom length. The Bravo SX has a bigger and stronger tail motor, although you don't really need it on a Solo Pro. The Bravo SX needs it because it has a stronger main motor, which gives more torque on a throttle punch.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan