HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2009, 07:02 PM
Frderick MD
Joined Oct 2004
94 Posts
Discussion
F-35 goes Spektrum, Huge Improvement

My Exceed F-35 was a terrible handling plane on the original Exceed (fm) radio. I even tried a gryo for keeping the wings level. The gyro helped some but the plane just wouldn't track straight. I thought of changing to digital servos. While at the local HS I saw a DX5e radio and figured maybe the refresh rate would be faster than the FM. Well Holey Cow! It's a night and day difference. Now the plane flies like it's on rails. And with a Don's Wicked motor is really hauls. I wonder if the new RTFs that come with 2.4g radios fly better.
stickyzdc is offline Find More Posts by stickyzdc
Last edited by stickyzdc; Mar 23, 2009 at 07:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:53 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyzdc
My Exceed F-35 was a terrible handling plane on the original Exceed (fm) radio. I even tried a gryo for keeping the wings level. The gyro helped some but the plane just wouldn't track straight. I thought of changing to digital servos. While at the local HS I saw a DX5e radio and figured maybe the refresh rate would be faster than the FM. Well Holey Cow! It's a night and day difference. Now the plane flies like it's on rails. And with a Don's Wicked motor is really hauls. I wonder if the new RTFs that come with 2.4g radios fly better.
interesting info....hmm i might get one pnp and use my dx7.
thanks for sharing it!
regards
yucafrita
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita