Old Apr 21, 2016, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Rant
Fat Shark service= NOT

I bought a combo pack from HH a while back, and when we finally got around to using it, the goggles were dead. I called HH and they said to send them back for repair, SOOOOO Back they went. They sat there for about 8-10 days, and then I was told they do not repair these. So another several days to get them here, and then to Commiefornia for repair. They sat on the Left coast for more than a week, and I was told they were working fine, so I paid for 3 day priority mail, and it took 8 days for them to get back home, only to find that they DO NOT work as intended. The color is washed out, they have a high pitched squeal in them and a clicking noise coming from inside. I am off to say the least. Please do not take this the wrong way, as HH has bent over backwards to help make this right. Andy and Aaron have worked very hard to make us happy, but all we want is what we paid for, and FS is not giving us this. They do not even have the parts at their repair station in Commiefornia to make the repairs. Nuff said, but be aware that the warranty on FS products SUCKS!!!!!
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2016, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by AntiArf
Joined Feb 2013
2,034 Posts
Confirms what I said earlier, that Horizon should have sent you a new set, and not put you through the "repair" game. Pretty much saw this coming.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2635168...and Donald Trump will make America great again...

Quote:
Contacted HH, and was told to send them for repair, which I promptly did. After they sat there for 10 days, I was told "We don't fix these".
Quote:
glad it worked out for you. if they don't fix these under warranty I would have asked for a replacement.
Quote:
Might be why they said that, not wanting to offer what should have been replaced. I wouldn't have been happy with a DOA product being "repaired".
Quote:
I'm glad they were replaced, but the lack of QC/final test and consistent warranty coverage in this hobby is a problem. With servos, it's par for the course. With Fat Shark goggles, I would have been very unhappy to unbox a non-working pair, send them back at my expense/effort, and then initially be told that I'm not covered. Lack of final test with higher end products seems to be a bigger problem with hobby products than other product lines.
AntiArf is offline Find More Posts by AntiArf
Old Apr 21, 2016, 04:34 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
I'm waiting to hear from HH on getting in direct contact with the factory, and not some part time repair guy on the Left Coast. A month and still not resolved, is getting pretty rough to handle, along with the fact we have a big indoor venue to attend in a week, and NO WAY for FS to get this resolved by then.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by AntiArf
Joined Feb 2013
2,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder View Post
I'm waiting to hear from HH on getting in direct contact with the factory, and not some part time repair guy on the Left Coast. A month and still not resolved, is getting pretty rough to handle, along with the fact we have a big indoor venue to attend in a week, and NO WAY for FS to get this resolved by then.
Sounds exactly like the same "service" games lower priced vendors play, and pretty much why I don't buy much from them any more. If they want top dollar, they can stand behind it. I guess it's impossible for Horizon to actually just send you a new one that works. May as well just go HK. Buy 2 or 3 for the same price. Figured I'd link the other thread to here, since it's not exactly great service or resolved.
AntiArf is offline Find More Posts by AntiArf
Old Apr 22, 2016, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by ehelibuff
ehelibuff
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2014
624 Posts
Bought mine directly from piro flip rc. You guys probably know of it. I happen to be 22 miles from the shop. I wiped my hands clean from HK and their garbage, and even worse customer service. Serge at piro flip is great with dealing with his customers. I have bought all my quads and FPV gear there and haven't had any trouble yet in about a yr now. If you haven't dealt with him, check him out. He has a good web page and is all over Facebook too. Hope you get your mess cleared up. Sorry you are going through all that.

Eric
ehelibuff is offline Find More Posts by ehelibuff
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:53 AM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Kudos to all of You folks that live near A large are with LHS. I DO NOT, and "assumed" HH would stand by whatever they sold,....WRONG!!!! I have tried to contact FS directly, but can only email their SC i n the West coast (no phone allowed). Then today I get this in the email <Hi Greg,

I’ve been trying to help this guy out, he got the runaround from us at first, can you put me in touch with Randy to try to work this out? He is a little older, it could be a communication issue, but just trying to help

Thanks

I may be older, but have been doing RC longer than most have been alive (I am 76 and flying for 57 yrs). I am also a Radio Amateur operator ,extra class, operate a small machine shop, and maintain two TV stations in the area, and I don't know a squeal, and clicking noise from inside the unit, and the difference i n video quality????? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!! I have learned a valuable lesson here. DO NOT buy from a company unless it is their branded product, and research to know what to expect from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Mr. foambuilder; Apr 22, 2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:02 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
624 Posts
I hear you. I too am a machinist. I've been in this hobby since '77. Been competitive for 35 years. Nats and world. Like you, I do know those subtle issues that should not be there. They say they fixed it, or it's fine, then you get it back, and it's not fine. I've been through that circus before as well, and I just about reached through the phone and strangled the guy! They should stand by their product they sell. Hope you get it sorted my friend. Stay on them, til they make it right.

Best wishes,

Eric
Old Apr 22, 2016, 01:47 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Eric; My wife is also a fairly experienced flier, and an Amateur radio operator. We both are certified Scuba divers, and I have done Shark dives in the last 6 years I believe that when I spend good money for a product, that I should get what I pay for. Not the case in these goggles. They had no video when I sent them in, and surely no irritating sounds coming from within. I was in the machine shop business in Phoenix, Az for several years, and I know a thing or two about QC. Believe me I paid for a few jobs that left our shop in less than stellar condition. I found out that the "Repair Station" in California has NO spare or repair parts, that they need to be ordered from across the pond. What a bunch of crap. I better go mow the Lawn or something to cool down a bit My blood pressure is rising as I type Happy flying and blue skies Roy
Old Apr 22, 2016, 02:05 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
624 Posts
You should get what you pay for; nothing less. If they can't make it right, they should give you a 100% refund, including shipping! Wipe your hands clean from them. Which model goggles did you get? I'm using the Fat Shark Dominator V2's. Haven't had any trouble with them so far. My nephew has the same set.

Eric
Old Apr 22, 2016, 02:44 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehelibuff View Post
You should get what you pay for; nothing less. If they can't make it right, they should give you a 100% refund, including shipping! Wipe your hands clean from them. Which model goggles did you get? I'm using the Fat Shark Dominator V2's. Haven't had any trouble with them so far. My nephew has the same set.

Eric
Eric; I think these are the transporter V2 or V3. Mine work great, and have great video. Sandy's came dead in the water, and after sending them in for repair, they came back with washed out video, and now have a high pitch squeal and a clicking noise in them. Really miffed to say the least.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 02:50 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
624 Posts
Wow, My head would've exploded!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 05:10 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehelibuff View Post
Wow, My head would've exploded!
My Heart was pumping overtime
Old Apr 22, 2016, 06:27 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Not that I expected anything more, but the whole day went by and not one single blurb from HH or FS. I am thoroughly upset with both of them. Love their customer service......NOT... In the past HH has been great on getting back to me the same day.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 06:34 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
624 Posts
That sucks! They better get their crap together..
Old Apr 23, 2016, 05:10 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,441 Posts
Heard from Randy today thru an email. I again reiterated the problem, and asked for a resolution. Explained to him that I bought a NEW pair of goggles, not a second hand pair needing repairs. I also explained the whole scenario again in detail, explaining we used 3 different cameras, and were comparing this to My goggles that are Identical to Sandy's. Will have to wait till the weekend is over most likely before hearing back, and then another 2-3 weeks wasted. This SUCKS big time