New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:21 PM
Kazu-kaku is online now
Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
1,402 Posts
Butterfly 46 120cm New Wing System : Second Flight Test :Very Good and Elegant Flight

Butterfly 46 120cm New Wing System : Second Flight Test :Very Good and Elegant Flight
Butterfly 46 120cm New Wing System : Second Flight Test :Very Good and Elegant Flight (13 min 7 sec)
Kazu-kaku is online now Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:56 PM
samwei1950 is offline
Find More Posts by samwei1950
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
2,142 Posts
congratulations,very good flight and gliding,it's well done on this tough project
the crow seems like the company in the beginning of the vid.
my hat off to you Sensei.
regards
Sam
11267666_873842749357609_4376303491032212573_n
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 02:34 AM
Kazu-kaku is online now
Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwei1950 View Post
congratulations,very good flight and gliding,it's well done on this tough project
the crow seems like the company in the beginning of the vid.
my hat off to you Sensei.
regards
Sam
11267666_873842749357609_4376303491032212573_n
Thank you.
An ornithopter of a new concept may have been created.
A sense flying is different from ornithopters until now.
The feeling that floats in the atmosphere.
Kazu-kaku is online now Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 07:00 PM
Nyathi is offline
Find More Posts by Nyathi
Registered User
Nyathi's Avatar
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Feb 2015
87 Posts
I'm also truly impressed with this design. It flies very gracefully. Most ornithopters convey a feeling of "frantic flapping" but not in this case. It would be truly magical to observe in person. I envision it with a combination of iridescent blue and transparent wings, wouldn't that be nice.

Do you plan on building in a flatter wing angle for zero-throttle gliding? That may be the only thing I'd see as improving this design. I do hope you will be able to commercialize and profit from your work.

Congratulations!
Nyathi is offline Find More Posts by Nyathi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 08:41 PM
Kazu-kaku is online now
Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyathi View Post
I'm also truly impressed with this design. It flies very gracefully. Most ornithopters convey a feeling of "frantic flapping" but not in this case. It would be truly magical to observe in person. I envision it with a combination of iridescent blue and transparent wings, wouldn't that be nice.

Do you plan on building in a flatter wing angle for zero-throttle gliding? That may be the only thing I'd see as improving this design. I do hope you will be able to commercialize and profit from your work.

Congratulations!
Thank you.
Because I made it hastily, I forgot a gliding device.
I will make it.
Kazu-kaku is online now Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:19 PM
bluefalconhollan is offline
Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan
Blue Falcon
bluefalconhollan's Avatar
the Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
784 Posts
Yes..this is the most beautifull flight of an artificial butterfly I've ever seen! Well done Kazu.
bluefalconhollan is offline Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:33 PM
therealthing691 is offline
Find More Posts by therealthing691
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kaku View Post
Butterfly 46 120cm New Wing System : Second Flight Test :Very Good and Elegant Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK8qVh9bbyk
Great flight very majestic regards Brian
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:50 PM
Kazu-kaku is online now
Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan View Post
Yes..this is the most beautifull flight of an artificial butterfly I've ever seen! Well done Kazu.
Thank you.
I am making more large Butterfly46 (about 170cm).
Kazu-kaku is online now Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:50 PM
Kazu-kaku is online now
Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealthing691 View Post
Great flight very majestic regards Brian
Thank you.
Kazu-kaku is online now Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2015, 10:54 AM
khaled_abobakr is offline
Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
5,027 Posts
So the extra set of wings increase lift because they are linked directly to the main wings, and not through another gearbox with flapping mechanism ... to save weight ... this is why you managed to get 6 mins from 260 mah 2S Lipo ... wow .. this is very efficient flight

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2015, 04:54 PM
Kazu-kaku is online now
Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
So the extra set of wings increase lift because they are linked directly to the main wings, and not through another gearbox with flapping mechanism ... to save weight ... this is why you managed to get 6 mins from 260 mah 2S Lipo ... wow .. this is very efficient flight

Khaled
Thank you.

I am surprised, too.
Natural shape is wonderful.
Shape of a butterfly is suitable for a flight.
Kazu-kaku is online now Find More Posts by Kazu-kaku
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My stock DJI motors run pretty hot, here's a way to measure the temperature in flight jasper7821 Multirotor Electronics 5 Aug 02, 2012 03:05 PM
Discussion My son's fourteen minute flight! Thomas Cummings Thermal 11 Jun 27, 2012 06:59 PM
Sold Brand new flight tested ZII, 2 flights on it fly's great ROCKY2 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 11 Jun 05, 2012 12:08 PM
Discussion My first flight with my new F550/WKM, Aeroxcraft landing gear and Contour GPS camera jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 0 May 27, 2012 01:27 PM