New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2015, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by kiosk
Joined Sep 2008
197 Posts
Discussion
shaking/trembling, is this motor/ESC sync issue? help...

Running APM2.7 with FW3.1.5 on a hexa
just installed 6 new motors, the turnigy multistar 3508-640kv ones and Iam getting a noticeable shaking/tremble that just started with these new motors....I am running Afro 30 esc's with SimonK, I went ahead and loaded the latest BHELI and it didnt really fix anything, problem still there....I also tried re-calibrating the ESCs and nothing.....
any ideas where to look? is this the motor sync issue they talk about? Read a number of threads on this thats why I loaded BHELI as it looks like it fixed it for some, but no luck for me.

https://youtu.be/lBE0_tIMR8Q
kiosk is online now Find More Posts by kiosk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2015, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
2,434 Posts
That looks more like gimbal shake. Is that a 3 axis gimbal?

How about posting a video of the aircraft shaking instead?
Oldgazer is online now Find More Posts by Oldgazer
Old May 09, 2015, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by kiosk
Joined Sep 2008
197 Posts
The whole thing shakes is not just the gimbal. ...sorry will post video of that later....but I hooked up all 6 ESCs direct to receiver throttle channel (bypass APM) and it doesn't do it then. ...so maybe it's the PIDs or something else on the APM?
Old May 10, 2015, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by kiosk
Joined Sep 2008
197 Posts
fixed....ran AUTOTUNE again and it worked out the shakes.....seems all good now , it did decrease the gains on both roll and pitch so that likely had something to do with it
Old May 10, 2015, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiosk View Post
fixed....ran AUTOTUNE again and it worked out the shakes.....seems all good now , it did decrease the gains on both roll and pitch so that likely had something to do with it
Yep.

With the gains too high the aircraft overshoots, the FC corrects, the aircraft overshoots, rinse, repeat.....
Oldgazer is online now Find More Posts by Oldgazer