HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2002, 12:32 AM
Joined Jun 2000
25 Posts
First parkflyer(need equipment help)

hey all i have a 4 channel skysport fm radio, hitec charge a matic cg 315 peak charger, and i might be getting: Pico Stick, a pair of servos, IC50 esc as well as a new 280 pack, another flight pack and a rayovak 9V nimh battery. This is going to be traded for a terry with some minor damage, 2 servos, castle creations pixie 14 esc, and 2 batt packs. Is it a good deal? What else will i need to get the stick in the air? Is a good first plane? Can it fly real slow? is it hard to build/repair? anything else I should keep in mind??

thanks
Emilio
Emilio84 is offline Find More Posts by Emilio84
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2002, 02:38 AM
An Original!
Joined Aug 2001
955 Posts
The Pico Stick is probably not the ideal trainer but lots of people have done it that way. You'll also need a light receiver like a GWS 4P (light weight is important). It flies Ok until the wind comes up. There are slower and more stable fliers. The Tiger Moth being one of many (so many planes so little time). Repairs are pretty easy and basic. As far as a good deal you're probably trading down. The Terry is a nice little plane. And always keep in mind... the next plane you want to buy.

Gliderguy
Gliderguy is offline Find More Posts by Gliderguy
Old Feb 07, 2002, 02:49 AM
Joined Jun 2000
25 Posts
i might get the GWS micro rx for the pico stick for $26 at the same time as the trade. The terry is just way too much plane for me at this time.

cya
Emilio
Emilio84 is offline Find More Posts by Emilio84