HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2014, 06:59 AM
Joined May 2014
70 Posts
Discussion
Quadcopter Simulator for Android / iOS (FPV, Gimbal, Return Home, Crs Lk ,Hm Lk...)

Here is Quadcopter Simulator for Android and iOS.
Its a Sim with features like FPV, Return to Location, Position Hold, Course Lock, Home Lock. HUD, Control sensitivity, autostabilization, altitude hold, Gimbal camera which can be rotated by dragging in the middle of screen in Gimbal Camera View and more...

An App for Novice or expert Quadcopter / Multirotor RC Drone users to practice skills and to have fun.

Video Link (Basic Tutorial for beginner Starts at 1:35 )
QuadcopterFx Simulator (3 min 32 sec)

Apple Store Link Paid app No inapp purchases (Everything Enabled):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quad...2635?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play Store Link Paid App No inapp Purchases(Everything Enabled):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uadcopterFXpro

Google Play Store Link Free App with inapp Purchases:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.QuadcopterFX

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/quadcopterfxsimulator
tonybam is offline Find More Posts by tonybam
Last edited by tonybam; Aug 15, 2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added New Links
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2014, 08:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
95 Posts
This is cool. Nice work!
What would be nice is an app that would allow you to adjust pid settings and see the results in flight. This would help people figure out pid tuning. Anyway, nice app.
zenman is online now Find More Posts by zenman
Old May 08, 2014, 08:36 AM
Joined May 2014
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
This is cool. Nice work!
What would be nice is an app that would allow you to adjust pid settings and see the results in flight. This would help people figure out pid tuning. Anyway, nice app.
Thanks for the review. There is basic stabilization settings available but we are working on to improve the stability algorithms and to provide a more interactive way to tune and test settings for the users.. Thanks..
Old May 08, 2014, 10:48 AM
WarpSquad: practice, practice!
Côte d'Ivoire
Joined Jun 2012
1,470 Posts
Do you have plans for an iOS version down the road? Or do you expect your app to remain Android-only? An iOS version would double your market potential.
Brainstorm is offline Find More Posts by Brainstorm
Old May 08, 2014, 10:51 AM
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Jan 2012
1,436 Posts
Why does the app need to receive SMS messages and read my phone status?
KGarrison is offline Find More Posts by KGarrison
Site Sponsor
Old May 08, 2014, 10:55 AM
This makes my wallet hurt
United States, AL
Joined Oct 2013
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGarrison View Post
I'm curious as well.
FlawedXJ is offline Find More Posts by FlawedXJ
Old May 08, 2014, 11:03 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
how awesome is this

I never get to see sales developers answer that kind of question. thanks for reading the requirements and posing the question before any of us start to click on his link.

sure every other app I have installed does it lol but Ive never got to see them justify why.

I sure hope the thread doesn't go dormant now with that question. I think he'll say phone status as part of the program feedback scripting or phone interface but the sms part has literally nothing to do with anything other than reading text messages off a dudes phone who only wants to fly a copter sim.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old May 08, 2014, 11:08 AM
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Jan 2012
1,436 Posts
There is too much malware, hijacking, and identity theft, you really have to watch those permissions carefully.
KGarrison is offline Find More Posts by KGarrison
Site Sponsor
Old May 08, 2014, 11:43 AM
This makes my wallet hurt
United States, AL
Joined Oct 2013
375 Posts
i read every app permission nowadays. I quit using facebook all together because of its permissions.

"Read your text messages
add or modify calendar events and send email to guest without owners' knowledge, read calendar events plus confidential information, read your own contact card.
take pictures and videos.
directly call phone numbers, read phone status and identity.
modify your contacts, read call log, read your contacts, read call log, read your contats, write call log"
FlawedXJ is offline Find More Posts by FlawedXJ
Old May 08, 2014, 02:15 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
hey original poster, whats the answer bub
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old May 08, 2014, 02:28 PM
Joined May 2014
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGarrison View Post
Thank you guys for posting doubts. First of all there has been lots of effort which was put in developing this simulator. We are trying to be as genuine and as open as possible. There is link to our website and even our contact numbers are there.
I do understand that these permissions are annoying but are required by the in-app purchasing tools we use. We have Not put any ads in the simulator. So the only way we can recover some of our efforts are through in-app purchases. I have even further asked our developers to check if there is way to remove that Receive SMS permission.

Thanks again. We really need your support. I do assure to give best support for our product

BTW: there will be soon a new update which will have multiple input mode selection including mode1, mode2 and accelerometer inputs. Also users can rotate FPV 1 camera by dragging from the center of screen and resetting by double tappind/clicking.

Thanks and hope for more feedback .

P.S. Our developers were finally able to remove those permissions. The new update will be available very soon
Last edited by tonybam; May 08, 2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: The Issue was resolved so added a line
Old May 08, 2014, 02:39 PM
Joined May 2014
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
Do you have plans for an iOS version down the road? Or do you expect your app to remain Android-only? An iOS version would double your market potential.
The IOS version is under testing. We will be releasing that soon
Old May 08, 2014, 03:28 PM
Joined May 2014
70 Posts
The receive SMS messages and read my phone status permissions were default settings of in-app purchase tools. We have changed the settings and both these permissions are removed. The Update version 1.01 will not request those permission anymore. The new update is already uploaded and should be available very soon. Thanks again for pointing out that issue..
Old May 08, 2014, 03:43 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,005 Posts
Would like to try but it says not compatible with my device... I have a samsung galaxy tab 2, nothing unusual.

dam it! Looked good too
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
Old May 08, 2014, 03:56 PM
WJH
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Aug 2005
350 Posts
Still says Send SMS
WJH is offline Find More Posts by WJH