SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:13 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
Yeah, the fuze is tight on these birds. Getting good cooling airflow can be challenging. I wound up adding some openings on my P11c.

I don't see an exit passage for the inlet opening above the motor. Conventional wisdom staes that the outlet should be larger than the inlet. If you don't have a proper exit opening, you won't get much relief from your heating problem.

Good looking 190, so how did it fly?
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
C.H.E.A.P
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Oct 2010
42 Posts
I do have two outlets, they are right on top of the hood at the bottom of the canopy, kind of nostrils, I wanted them to look nice, well not exactly what I wanted, but should do the trick.
Flew good, we did the combat with I-16, it is hard to chop those ribbons, I tell you that, one guy filmed it on the phone, but could not e-mail darn thing too big for my mail box, anyways I will get it copied somehow anyways or ask him to post on YouTube and post it here.
Russian Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Russian Rebel
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:14 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
Why yeah, there they are. Plain as the nose on my face, now. I thought they were part of your detailing. I should have assumed you knew the need.

Yes, indeed those ribbons are hard to cut. I can only very seldom get anyone to try it with me, we've gotten just enough time in to realize how hard it is. I think it's a gas, though.

Any performance advantage for the I-16 or the FW-190?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 02:49 AM
C.H.E.A.P
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Oct 2010
42 Posts
i-16 is more aerobatic, with that short fuse. it can turn on a dime, rol rates are better, f-190 having identical set up is not that agile, and i think the wing span is bigger as well, but this is all compared to i-16, it is fast enough by itself if you do not fly it in combat with i-16, man i need those videos posted.
Russian Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Russian Rebel
Old Aug 31, 2013, 09:09 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rebel View Post
......... man i need those videos posted.
Indeed so.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 04:20 PM
Hey guys...watch this
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
139 Posts
if i get one of the WWII kits which one should i get...or is it all just personal preference i.e. which looks better. thinking of the corsair but im not quite sure.
buildcrashrepair is online now Find More Posts by buildcrashrepair
Old Jun 12, 2014, 04:21 PM
Hey guys...watch this
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
139 Posts
i was also thinking of making it a rocketship...motor with 850 grams of thrust
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:48 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
I've built several of Marek's planes and have always been quite pleased with the combination of performance, looks and durability.

I don't know your level of buiding expertise so be advised, these are kits - not ARF's. Check some of the buld links from his website, text is Polish but there's Google translate if you need it. Those guys are good about posting pictures of build and flight videos.

With that being said, his 800mm wingspan Corsair w/a 400 size (45-50gram), 1400KV or so motor would go like stink and balance w/out too much trouble. I have one of those kits waiting for the time to put it together as a matter of fact.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 03:50 AM
Hey guys...watch this
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
139 Posts
Yeah id be fine on the building front because it doesn't look to complicated.

I was thinking of putting this motor in...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I don't really know if that would be way overkill or not even if i have to glass a couple surfaces i think it would be worth it???
Old Jun 13, 2014, 06:01 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildcrashrepair View Post
Yeah id be fine on the building front because it doesn't look to complicated.

I was thinking of putting this motor in...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I don't really know if that would be way overkill or not even if i have to glass a couple surfaces i think it would be worth it???
I've got one of those as a pusher w/a 6x4 prop on 3s in a mid slot jet and it works very well.
It's a workable weight for the 800mm Corsair, but I'd go with a lower kv to turn at least an 8' prop to get more of the prop swing outside of the fuze diameter.

Here's a thought, get one of these, and poke a 4s battery in it if you get bored.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...50KV_302W.html
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hey guys...watch this
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
139 Posts
I never thought about the fuse getting in the way...

That motor does look good but the extra $6 over the 2200kv motor...not sure i can afford that lol.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the 2 hellcats because im still debating which kit to get but the only difference between the two that i can see is that one has a drop tank and clear canopy
Old Jun 13, 2014, 04:58 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
Quote:
I never thought about the fuse getting in the way...

That motor does look good but the extra $6 over the 2200kv motor...not sure i can afford that lol.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the 2 hellcats because im still debating which kit to get but the only difference between the two that i can see is that one has a drop tank and clear canopy
Go to the contact page on his website. His e-mail address is there, ask him.
Then clue the rest of us in.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 05:35 PM
Hey guys...watch this
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
139 Posts
Ok so i got a response and he said the the normal hellcat has a flat fuse and the F6F4 Hellcat EPA has a rounded fuse and a clear canopy
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:50 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
966 Posts
Quote:
Ok so i got a response and he said the the normal hellcat has a flat fuse and the F6F4 Hellcat EPA has a rounded fuse and a clear canopy
That's how it looked from the pictures, but hard to be sure that way.

I took a little time and checked the build photos from the link in the description for the normal F6F" and "flatter" is a better word. The fuze is not completely rounded on the sides, but it has enough width to get all the electronics inside. Kinda half way between a full fuze and a profile.