SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5 Posts
Discussion
New 3D Gasser

Just came across this...can't wait to see a big gasser knocking out some 3D!

http://www.airstarintl.com/index.php/news/3DPro/
El Bucho is offline Find More Posts by El Bucho
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Dec 2007
845 Posts
Century have been making great 3D gassers for many years.

Here is their Radikal G30V2 in action:

Radikal G30 v.2 w/HWC 3D Extreme Pro 29 Canopy Explodes! (4 min 27 sec)
Cyclick is offline Find More Posts by Cyclick
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2007
172 Posts
Hey Cyclick how do the older predators compare to the radical I have an older predator I plan on getting up and running soon have most of the pieces juts not enough hours in the day
motorhead540 is offline Find More Posts by motorhead540
Old Sep 04, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540 View Post
Hey Cyclick how do the older predators compare to the radical I have an older predator I plan on getting up and running soon have most of the pieces juts not enough hours in the day
Here is a video of the older predator with the lower powered G231 motor from back in 2006.

Predator Gasser at May Day Heli Funfly 2006 (3 min 5 sec)
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Nov 03, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Sep 2009
8 Posts
I think the predator gasser is the best heli century ever made. the radicals are good when they work properly. nothing like the predator though.
geomecc is offline Find More Posts by geomecc
Old Nov 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
495 Posts
Check out the new Miniature Aircraft Whiplash Gasser. Very high quality and performs great.
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Nov 12, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomecc View Post
I think the predator gasser is the best heli century ever made. the radicals are good when they work properly. nothing like the predator though.
There is no doubt about how fine the Predator gasser was. I loved mine (It replaced my MinAir and I never looked back).

I think the Radikal got off to a bad start because they went into a very low price design (G-10 frames and belt drive), and launched them with the smaller one that used the rather complex for the day Zenoah G20 engine. It took me awhile to get mine to run properly and after flying the great torque tube system in the Predator, I really wished they offered a TT version of the G-20.

I still regularly flying my G-20 now, but have the Zenoah G20 motor converted to the stock Zenoah EI unit to the better Excel EI unit using a 7.4V Lipo pack and it now flies very well and dependably.

Then in 2006 they came out with the larger Radikal G-30 with the G-10 frames and again with the belt drive that used the same narrow belt (just longer) as on the smaller G20 at a much lower price then the Predator. I think this was a mistake, as low cost and gasser does not go together.

So I waited for them to come out with a modern, more state of the art, gasser. So when they launched the Radikal G30 FBL (seen in the above video), that comes with a full metal FBL head, C/F frame system, the same great push/pull control system as in my Predator, a solid torque tube drive system that is even better then the one I loved in the Predator, with a full metal tail gearbox, a more heavy duty clutch and auto system then the Predator, I went for it. Now with some hard flying time on it, I must say that I do like it better then the Predator. It is the best Gasser I have ever had (and I have had many).

I really think they should have not come out with the cheaper belt driven, G-10 framed Radikal G-30 and should have waited to replace the Predator with the current version of the Radikal G30.

I know that the current version is substantially higher in price then the original, but well worth it IMHO.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict