HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:08 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
Nice work on the forks. I haven't started on mine yet.

That first picture is pretty much how mine came out of the box. What were they thinking hollowing out the insides of the fork legs done one side? They'd be fragile enough if they were solid plastic, and the weight saving would barely register on a coke dealers scales.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:30 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Nice work on the forks. I haven't started on mine yet.

That first picture is pretty much how mine came out of the box. What were they thinking hollowing out the insides of the fork legs done one side? They'd be fragile enough if they were solid plastic, and the weight saving would barely register on a coke dealers scales.
LOL, yeah the fork shafts & the axles are the weak pionts so far but are very easy to change to alloy these were just made out of stuff i had laying around & they seem to work, if i have anymore trouble with the forks i might have a go at making a set of swheels home made adjustable shocks for it.

I suppose they only made it as strong as it needed to be as they are very slow stock & would'nt go fast enough to break.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:00 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Throttlejunkie, dont show us pics of the box get the Kyosho hor built will ya !!
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Throttlejunkie, dont show us pics of the box get the Kyosho hor built will ya !!
Yeah m8 i am keen to get started on it but im in the middle of building a 1/5 for a mate & still getting the aftermarket bits together for the kyosho i want to have all the good bits here first.

Cheers.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:47 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Hey guy's does that last video i posted play smooth on your computers, it is real sketchy when i play it on here but it plays smooth on youtube i don't know if its my computer or the forum., i did have trouble uploading it, it took hours.

Cheers.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
Nothing on youtube plays smoothly on my computer I pay Richard Branson for 10Mbps and am getting around 0.5Mbps most of the time. I haven't seen it get up to 1Mbps for quite a while, let alone 10.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
I just checked my speed it's only 1Mbps, i just downloaded a internet booster free download off google it does seem quicker.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:47 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
Okay, mine just had a rare burst of speed, fast enough so I could watch it at 360p without it stopping to buffer the video (grey bar stays ahead of the red bar). It still stopped and started a bit but that's because the Flash video plugin is crap. It's just too slow for my old PC.

CPU Cool's system tray monitor shows 99% CPU load almost all of the time when I try to watch things on youtube (which probably means 100%, I think). My PC is old and slow, but there's no excuse for that kind of behaviour, really. It's about the same either on the full youtube version or on the embedded player version that you see on rcgroups - both are really on youtube, as I understand it; it's just a different sized box.

I tried downloading the video with the Download Helper plugin for Firefox, as a .FLV (Flash Video), still at 360p, and it works fine in VLC Media Player. The CPU load stays at around 40% most of the time, and it never glitches, even in full screen mode. The Flash Player plugin can barely handle full screen mode showing a youtube clip on my PC - it's clearly only showing every third or fourth frame because the whole thing goes a bit ropey.

When Adobe first brought out PageMaker they were a great company. Now they're just producing slow bloated crap that needs a Cray-1 to run it smoothly. Even Adobe Reader got bigger and bigger, and slower and slower. I've been using Foxit Reader instead for quite a while, though that's started to suffer from the same thing, so I've stuck with the 3.1.4 version from 2009.

I tried using an older version of the Flash plugin for a while, and it did seem quicker, but a lot of sites refused to show any video clips, claiming I needed the latest version. Youtube was okay with Flash 9 though. I think there's a Firefox plugin to let you switch Flash versions. I've been meaning to look into it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:12 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
I took my bike out in the street to test the new crash bar height i raised it for more lean angle it was definitely better & i have set it up for some night racing with head lights,tail light & brake light

Modified 1-5 Scale RC Motorcycle.mp4 (6 min 52 sec)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:30 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
great work mate the bike looks so much more stable
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:10 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Cheers mate, yeah it's going well now i have been working on taking any slop it had out of the front end i just need to shim the front wheel it still has a little bit there, but i am really having fun with it anything i change seems to make it better, i think it goes well for what it is & compared to when it was stock it is a totally different bike now, it's no championship winner but it's great fun.
I am going to start bumping up the power & try a 3s as well for some speed runs i have to get a speed gun.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:10 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
cool what speed d you estimate mate 35mph?
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Yeah mate it's hard to say, i think it should be capable of 35mph, if i worked it out right 9000kv x 7.4V = 66600rpm at the motor & 9000kv x 11.1V = 99900rpm that's a lot of rpm, i think that's how you work it out i could be wrong though as i am still learning about the electrics i used to be nitro only until i got my first silverlit, i am impressed with the brushless systems but i may get a TTN to try later down the track.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:53 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,824 Posts
That's how fast the wheels would spin if there was no friction and you were just holding it in your hand, Throttlejunkie, i.e. the no-load speed.

There's a guy called peterangus who says that a correctly loaded motor runs at 70% of that speed. For loading on a bike, or other vehicle, you need it driving along at full throttle for a while, so I guess you'd need a radar gun or similar to confirm it.

If it goes much under 70% the motor is struggling a bit and isn't running efficiently so it will overheat after running it like that for a while. That's an easier test, I guess - run it for a short while and see if it gets more than warm.

If it goes at much over 70% it will be cool. There's some chance the bearings will wear quicker from letting it spin that fast, but on the whole, that's better than it getting too hot. Too much heat damages the magnets, and you can get a thermal run away where it draws more and more current as the magnets fail, and burns out the ESC or actually catches fire.

Nice video. The lights look good. Did yours come with the Rockstar logos, or did you paint those on?

Richard Branson sent someone with a new cable modem so my internet connection's now working fast enough to watch it without pausing it for a few minutes first. It's still a lot smoother on 360p than 480p but that's because Flash is too slow for my PC, I think.
Last edited by Andy2No; Feb 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
Absolutely great fun watching the little rider lean from side to side.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels