HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:42 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Oct 2009
197 Posts
Honestly, I have never had a problem with BH products (not saying these things never happened) but overall, my buddies and I have collectivly ordered at least 15 aircraft over the last two years from these guys without a single glitch.

When I see these arrogant post against BH I simply turn my head and cough. Anyone who would threaten to go to court over a couple of hundred bucks for a foam anything either never spoke with an attorney before, hasn't made it far along in life to get out of the 8th grade yet, or needs some really serious mental help.

BH, If I were you I would tell them to pound sand. The problem is that you bend over to help these ignorant children and all of the sudden its a free for all and this is what is expected of you.

Your never going to please everyone so move on with the customers that do love your products and let the little brains twist in the wind.

I certainly applaud your efforts in all this but really, it isn't expected fellas. These rude adolesents don't rate the oxygen they consume so please continue to provide us with your very cool stuff.

You will always have a customer base from the 25 point IQ and up. I support you guys 100%.

Just remember, If you give a monster a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk.
Condor060 is offline Find More Posts by Condor060
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Condor060, thanks so much for the support it really is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor060 View Post
Honestly, I have never had a problem with BH products (not saying these things never happened) but overall, my buddies and I have collectivly ordered at least 15 aircraft over the last two years from these guys without a single glitch.

When I see these arrogant post against BH I simply turn my head and cough. Anyone who would threaten to go to court over a couple of hundred bucks for a foam anything either never spoke with an attorney before, hasn't made it far along in life to get out of the 8th grade yet, or needs some really serious mental help.

BH, If I were you I would tell them to pound sand. The problem is that you bend over to help these ignorant children and all of the sudden its a free for all and this is what is expected of you.

Your never going to please everyone so move on with the customers that do love your products and let the little brains twist in the wind.

I certainly applaud your efforts in all this but really, it isn't expected fellas. These rude adolesents don't rate the oxygen they consume so please continue to provide us with your very cool stuff.

You will always have a customer base from the 25 point IQ and up. I support you guys 100%.

Just remember, If you give a monster a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Just recieved my seven jets yesterday and guess what ,everthing was perfect. I originally ordered twelve planes to which i knew five were backordered and due mid Feb.but I didnt mind waiting. The next day I recieved an e-mail saying it was unsure when the backordered items would be available so the removed them from my order and refunded my money the same day. Thank's BH from another very satified customer, Tim Osborne.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawphill View Post
Thank you for sharing with us! We do work our hardest to make every transaction a great experience. Looking forward to your flights!

Regards,

Pete

Your a scammer and I am going to show you what can be done when you mess with deep pockets. you going to court! i will keep all you informed of what happens
dude take a chill pill, you need to learn people skills. According to the chat you posted i woudnt have been as nice about it as the CSR.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:19 PM
So Calif
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
I find it amazing that folks who were not present, did not witness whatever the indignity an honest customer was put thru by BH, can then call them juvenile, impugn their intelligence, their sense of fair play, and even their honesty. When you have been shafted by a company and you know it, do you not have a right to seek redress? Should you not warn all of the unsuspecting of the high probability that they are going to be fleeced? When there are an overwhelming number of people all saying the same thing that BH says one thing and delivers (or fails to deliver) something else entirely. Can one of you mockers tell me how two retracts can function and one function only once - how can that be an end point adjustment issue? If it works for one, it works for all. How can it take three hours to come to that conclusion? When Futaba itself says it isn't the issue, how can a POS $40 radio like Blitzwork be the answer? If Pete himself makes reference to his JR radio, why isn't he using the only radio they say can guarantee? There are videos all over YouTube showing first flight crashes of BH crap where a servo failed. I have bought a P-38 where the retract servos do nothing but chatter and hum and are so weakly mounted, I have never dared to put them up in flight, due to the fact they can't be trusted. I had a Mustang where in assembling and checking the controls, a servo was found to be stripped before ever being used. Some say BH is just a dealer, don't blame them. Pete says he works with the manufacturer to improve the quality of the models he sells. If that were true, wouldn't the stuff be something you could trust, that wasn't broken right out of the box? I ordered a Blitzwork radio with one plane, just to see what you could possibly get for $40. The elevator control was broken right out of the box. The exterior box displayed no damage, so it had to have been packaged that way. When an elevator control falls to the bottom of the gimbal travel and does not automatically self-center, that is evident on the face of it that it is broken - but it gets packed and shipped anyway. If the quality control of the manufacturer or BH were anything approaching professional, would you have all of these complaints with common ground? What does one say when a distributor continues to sell stuff that is just junk and makes no effort to resolve the issue? They are just out for the bucks and rely on the new people coming into the hobby for fresh fodder because eventually you are going to piss off enough people you are going to run out of customers. Reading around the web I see BH has invaded Australia so the misery can be spread (and the base of one time customers enlarged). Glad some of you escaped that misery that is Banana Hobby, but don't expect the rest of us that know better to believe that is the norm. The norm is BH just wants your money.
Propnuts is offline Find More Posts by Propnuts
Last edited by Propnuts; Feb 16, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Wall of text; eyes bleeding; tl;dr;
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnuts View Post
I find it amazing that folks who were not present, did not witness whatever the indignity an honest customer was put thru by BH, can then call them juvenile, impugn their intelligence, their sense of fair play, and even their honesty. When you have been shafted by a company and you know it, do you not have a right to seek redress? Should you not warn all of the unsuspecting of the high probability that they are going to be fleeced? When there are an overwhelming number of people all saying the same thing that BH says one thing and delivers (or fails to deliver) something else entirely. Can one of you mockers tell me how two retracts can function and one function only once - how can that be an end point adjustment issue? If it works for one, it works for all. How can it take three hours to come to that conclusion? When Futaba itself says it isn't the issue, how can a POS $40 radio like Blitzwork be the answer? If Pete himself makes reference to his JR radio, why isn't he using the only radio they say can guarantee? There are videos all over YouTube showing first flight crashes of BH crap where a servo failed. I have bought a P-38 where the retract servos do nothing but chatter and hum and are so weakly mounted, I have never dared to put them up in flight, due to the fact they can't be trusted. I had a Mustang where in assembling and checking the controls, a servo was found to be stripped before ever being used. Some say BH is just a dealer, don't blame them. Pete says he works with the manufacturer to improve the quality of the models he sells. If that were true, wouldn't the stuff be something you could trust, that wasn't broken right out of the box? I ordered a Blitzwork radio with one plane, just to see what you could possibly get for $40. The elevator control was broken right out of the box. The exterior box displayed no damage, so it had to have been packaged that way. When an elevator control falls to the bottom of the gimbal travel and does not automatically self-center, that is evident on the face of it that it is broken - but it gets packed and shipped anyway. If the quality control of the manufacturer or BH were anything approaching professional, would you have all of these complaints with common ground? What does one say when a distributor continues to sell stuff that is just junk and makes no effort to resolve the issue? They are just out for the bucks and rely on the new people coming into the hobby for fresh fodder because eventually you are going to piss off enough people you are going to run out of customers. Reading around the web I see BH has invaded Australia so the misery can be spread (and the base of one time customers enlarged). Glad some of you escaped that misery that is Banana Hobby, but don't expect the rest of us that know better to believe that is the norm. The norm is BH just wants your money.
At first i thought of not repsonding to this, then i reread your statements.

first please use paragraph format. Your post is hard to read.

2nd Everyone is demanding cheap planes due to the economy. Lets face it its a hobby. You get what you ask for. you want cheap servos then they put them in to lower the cost of the aircraft. Sure you can put in Hitec hs-82MG servos, but now your spending several $$ more for that to be in a model.

Granted it takes time to get a RMA or resolution to your issue, but you will eventually get it done. I've had similar issues with Hobby-lobby. they went for months and months of saying ( 6 months ) the plane was going to be instock middle fo next month we promise, only for them to change the date to the next month or next month after taking my money, then at six months you get an email saying the plane will be @ thier warehouse on the 24th of October. Then you get a followup email canceling your order.

It took three weeks for them to do an RMA on a burned out ESC for my F35. then two and half weeks after the initial three i get my replacement ESC.

What im trying to say is, all companies have issues, they all are human, they all make mistakes. Use the three P's, Patience, Persistance and Politeness. you will be amazed at the response.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
^^^^^ Finally a post worth reading ^^^^^
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:30 PM
So Calif
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
Point by point

Quote:
I find it amazing that folks who were not present, did not witness whatever the indignity an honest customer was put thru by BH, can then call them juvenile, impugn their intelligence, their sense of fair play, and even their honesty.

I take it this particular point is not challenged? This has been done and you don't dispute it?

When you have been shafted by a company and you know it, do you not have a right to seek redress? Should you not warn all of the unsuspecting of the high probability that they are going to be fleeced?

The response to this is really interesting - it appears that it is acknowledged fact that the electronics are known to be sub-standard and expected to fail. Why should this be a reasonable response? Would you buy a new car, have the alternator fail, and be told by the dealer that it was your fault, or have your neighbors mock you and put you down for expecting a relatively small part to last, and not expect to have to replace it - particularly at your own expense? Me? I'd look for new neighbors. Not to mention, picket the car dealer who was ripping people off.

When there are an overwhelming number of people all saying the same thing that BH says one thing and delivers (or fails to deliver) something else entirely. Can one of you mockers tell me how two retracts can function and one function only once - how can that be an end point adjustment issue? If it works for one, it works for all. How can it take three hours to come to that conclusion? When Futaba itself says it isn't the issue, how can a POS $40 radio like Blitzwork be the answer? If Pete himself makes reference to his JR radio, why isn't he using the only radio they say can guarantee?

Again, when the head representative (Pete) makes an obvious BS reply as to why a part fails, why is there no outrage? How can two retracts work and one not, and it be an end point adjustment? Futaba in their manual says EPA doesn't affect retracts, yet Pete blames a Futaba radio. The inference is a $40 Blitzwerk is better than a $300 Futaba. Obvious load of BS

There are videos all over YouTube showing first flight crashes of BH crap where a servo failed. I have bought a P-38 where the retract servos do nothing but chatter and hum and are so weakly mounted, I have never dared to put them up in flight, due to the fact they can't be trusted. This is part of the 100% satisfaction guarantee, I guess and I am being told I should accept another lie.

I had a Mustang where in assembling and checking the controls, a servo was found to be stripped before ever being used. Some say BH is just a dealer, don't blame them. Pete says he works with the manufacturer to improve the quality of the models he sells. If that were true, wouldn't the stuff be something you could trust, that wasn't broken right out of the box?

I ordered a Blitzwork radio with one plane, just to see what you could possibly get for $40. The elevator control was broken right out of the box. The exterior box displayed no damage, so it had to have been packaged that way. When an elevator control falls to the bottom of the gimbal travel and does not automatically self-center, that is evident on the face of it that it is broken - but it gets packed and shipped anyway.

If the quality control of the manufacturer or BH were anything approaching professional, would you have all of these complaints with common ground? What does one say when a distributor continues to sell stuff that is just junk and makes no effort to resolve the issue? They are just out for the bucks and rely on the new people coming into the hobby for fresh fodder because eventually you are going to piss off enough people you are going to run out of customers.

Reading around the web I see BH has invaded Australia so the misery can be spread (and the base of one time customers enlarged). Glad some of you escaped that misery that is Banana Hobby, but don't expect the rest of us that know better to believe that is the norm. The norm is BH just wants your money.
xxxx
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Propnuts is just that nuts. He burnt a retract out by not setting the EPA like the manufacture of the plane instructed to do and instead chose to go off a generic data provided by his radio manufacturer that knows nothing of the plane or the retracts it uses. Then he blames BH for it failing.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
So Calif
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Propnuts is just that nuts. He burnt a retract out by not setting the EPA like the manufacture of the plane instructed to do and instead chose to go off a generic data provided by his radio manufacturer that knows nothing of the plane or the retracts it uses. Then he blames BH for it failing.
Interesting. So now it is me. There is nothing in the so called instructions that says anything about EPA. There is nothing in the instructions that says only a Blitzwork radio should be used.

BH is not the manufacturer. I believe Starmax is. BH just sellls their junk. Starmax, or whoever put it together, provided no significant instructions on electronics other than to: "rightly join wires together".

BH had the plane and radio previously and never said "EPA". Never said don't use Futaba.

The previous identical plane worked fine without EPA. In this plane one retract failed and two continue to function without EPA. The one retract was replaced with one from the previous plane (without a replacement from BH) and all three now work - without EPA. Must be inferior retracts if they don't know they aren't supposed to work without an EPA.

Futaba says EPA doesn't affect retracts.

It couldn't be sub quality components and a corporate decision to blow off complaining customers.

You're right - had to be the EPA - that or I need training on how to flip a retract switch.
Last edited by Propnuts; Feb 20, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
hhhmmmmmm...it is clearly stated that u must test everything BEFORE u start assembly...u glue it, u buy it......i bet the legal dept slapped u silly for wasting their time because u cant read the paper (the first thing u see when u open the package) that CLEARLY STATES NOT TO ASSEMBLE....dont waste tax payers money with a superfluous lawsuit because u cant read
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Interesting. So now it is me. There is nothing in the so called instructions that says anything about EPA. There is nothing in the instructions that says only a Blitzwork radio should be used.

BH is not the manufacturer. I believe Starmax is. BH just sellls their junk. Starmax, or whoever put it together, provided no significant instructions on electronics other than to: "rightly join wires together".

BH had the plane and radio previously and never said "EPA". Never said don't use Futaba.

The previous identical plane worked fine without EPA. In this plane one retract failed and two continue to function without EPA. The one retract was replaced with one from the previous plane (without a replacement from BH) and all three now work - without EPA. Must be inferior retracts if they don't know they aren't supposed to work without an EPA.

Futaba says EPA doesn't affect retracts.

It couldn't be sub quality components and a corporate decision to blow off complaining customers.

You're right - had to be the EPA - that or I need training on how to flip a retract switch.
most experienced modelers know that u must adjust EPA's with air or mech retracts. u dont think that flipping a switch will magically do all ur set up work?

ps - never buy a heli....the set up required may give u a stroke!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
let me get this straight:

Guy wants to return an assembled airplane. Vender says no. Guy wants to sue.

Cool--sounds like one more customer service complaint where bh hasn't done anything wrong.
u s a! U s a ! U s a! The land of the frivolous lawsuit
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
So Calif
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
Interesting. Never asked to return the plane. In a triumph of desperate hope, over painfully acquired wisdom, I bought a second Mustang from BH. First time was greatly less than satisfactory but I really liked the plane and wanted it to work.

I had been fed a load of BS about all of the electronics that failed in the first two minutes on the first plane. Accused of doing a bunch of stuff that I and all the pilots at Pete's field knew wasn't true. Had to really lean on BH to get failed electronics replaced - twice. They admitted it was bad (finally).

While checking the electronics PRIOR TO ASSEMBLY, a retract extended once and then failed. Other retracts work and continue to work. BH says it is a EPA issue and talk to Futaba. The same make and model plane and gear had previously worked with the same radio system. All of a sudden it is incompatible. How can two work, one not, and it be an adjustment problem?

BH had seen all of this before and said nothing. Futaba says it isn't an issue and BH is now somehow right? A $40 POS radio beats out a $300?

Here's the assembly "manual" and the pre-flight cautions - nothing about EPA. I asked for a new "working" retract, not a new plane.

If you want to believe BH is reasonable, there is nothing I can do to convince you. Maybe the growing numbers of folks that have been blown off with BS excuses will.