HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
USA, MD, Waldorf
Joined Apr 2009
27 Posts
Great flying! Too Fast for me.

My plane does 101mph and that is more than enuff for me. You are probably going at least 200 mph and the engine sounds like it is turning well over 25,000 rpm. IF I Had the VISION and reflexes I had 40 years ago I would love it. Post more Videos.
victoriad is offline Find More Posts by victoriad
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
841 Posts
Cuba 59 that is sweet.......
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
USA, MD, Waldorf
Joined Apr 2009
27 Posts
Enya 60X 10 % nitro. 10 X 7 APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei View Post
Great video! what prop/pipe combo are you using?
I can give you the dimensions of the pipe I dont know the name of the pipe header Combo, I got the plane already tuned. I would never have used a 10X7 APC on a 60 sized engine but it works very well. The plane has been clocked by a radar detector at 101MPH. The plane is also very light at 6.5 pounds.

ENYA 60X pipe Combo (1 min 37 sec)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
USA, MD, Waldorf
Joined Apr 2009
27 Posts
Baby TigerTail Southern RC BOBCAT Flys well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtD21 View Post
A TigerTail IV finished and flown a few weeks ago. It's set up in taildragger configuration (club field is heavy grass) with OS 91FS for power. So far I think it's the best classic pattern ship I've put in the air after many Dirty Birdys, Daddy Rabbits, etc. 6 lbs 13 oz.
Southern RC Bobcat flying CCRC (6 min 49 sec)

I like the BOBCAT so much I am thinking of building the TigerTail. Where Can I get one from?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
841 Posts
my last mach one is for sale here...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775778
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachflyer View Post
Thats so light. Must fly great.

QUOTE=Cuba59;22548764]Curare 75"
The whole plane is custom build with 75" wingspan and total AUW (ready to fly) weight is with a 6s 5000mah only 3.1kg or 6.8lbs. Motor Scorpion HK-4035-630KV
with Aeronaut Prop 10x10

http://youtu.be/pi2sst9YZBM?hd=1
[/QUOTE]
Nice plane. What radio are you using?
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,572 Posts
I had accidentally crashed my last plane like this one here. But I dug out this one as a replacement and set it up with a NGH 9cc gasoline engine for a change of pace. The gas engine is working out quite well and the plane has ample power to do anything I want it to.
Its predecessor had a Saito .80 engine on it. The one before it had a Fox .60 engine on it and the one before it had a Saito .65 engine on it. I did have another one with a Fox .45 engine on it too.

earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,572 Posts
Oh yeah, here is a video clip of me flying the plane and messing around with it in the air.

Flying my Low Wing Sport Pattern Plane with a NGH 9cc engine on it (10 min 7 sec)
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Winter Garden, FL
Joined Jul 2007
34 Posts
Bootlegger, circa 1979...

Finishing up a new/old Bootlegger. I had one in 1979, won AMA Expert at the '79 Lincoln, NE NATS with it, see the attached 'old' pic... don't laugh at the kid... I stuck this airplane in the ground soon after this pic, RX quit.

I came about this kit the same way as back in 1979, Steve Helms gave me the kit this spring when I was at a heli contest in Huntsville. As you may suspect, this will be a nostalgic and somewhat emotional project...

Since I pretty much don't have anything to build airplanes with anymore (I use hammers and files on my helis!) I tracked down someone who I used to fly pattern with in the day to frame it up. Sam Leonard did a fantastic job framing it up and glassing the wood, making it ready for rigging and paint.

I've finished with the wing rigging, with retracts and ailerons hooked up and working. I'm going old school here, one servo with drilled output wheel for differential if needed! Left to do is fuel tank, powerplant and pipe install and fuselage servo tray and rud/nose wheel, elev and throttle pushrods... then paint.

The model will be powered by a N.I.B. OPS F.I.R.E. 'Big Red' .60 and pipe (thanks Rusty!)! and I'm using Dave Brown Southern Pro retracts. Radio will be new stuff, Futaba 18MZ with 7 channel FASST RX and digital servos.

I'm shooting for test flight by the end of the year... see how that goes! I can't wait to hear the scream and go to a CPA/BPA contest in the SE.

Cliff Hiatt
CHiatt is offline Find More Posts by CHiatt
Last edited by CHiatt; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
603 Posts
The "79" version looks sweet Cliff. I have a thing for the "Boot" as I flew a Kraft SS 7ch, B&D retract, and Rossi powered one in Novice at the 1980 Nats in Wilmington, Ohio (where 8 year old Chip Hyde embarrased anyone over 21!). I've been holding off but will likely bite the bullet soon and get a repo "Boot" from Don at RCAiir (sic). Keep us posted with plenty of pics and a first flight report.
Mark
AMA 63845
SPA 384
NSRCA 4408
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,405 Posts
Have you been flying models any, Mark?
Chris...
stuntflyr is online now Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:41 AM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntflyr View Post
Have you been flying models any, Mark?
Chris...
Hey Chris,
As much as time permits I have been. I took a Sup position that keeps me out of town weekdays but does provide a fair amount of building time in the evenings. At least it's only a 3.5 hour commute by car!
I've got a wood DB kit almost ready to cover, a Tiger Tail III in primer, a DB ARF to assemble, and the P-7. I won't fly the P-7 at my home field as it's just too rough. I've also got a Dream 110 (and a NIB one) with a YS 1.20 that I hoped to put up this past summer but didn't get the chance too. Hopefully next season I can do that; I plan to send the pair of YS 1.20s to CH for servicing.
Still tossing around whether or not to sell the RV-6, it's hard to justify the cost given the relatively few hours I've put on it these past years. Hope all is well on your side, especially given the business side of AA at present.
Mark
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
All this talk of Kraft radios I thought I would snap a pic of one of mine ( this was my 2nd transmitter that I owned, first was a 5 channel series 76 ) Good stuff.....

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:40 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook57 View Post
Hey Chris,
As much as time permits I have been. I took a Sup position that keeps me out of town weekdays but does provide a fair amount of building time in the evenings. At least it's only a 3.5 hour commute by car!
I've got a wood DB kit almost ready to cover, a Tiger Tail III in primer, a DB ARF to assemble, and the P-7. I won't fly the P-7 at my home field as it's just too rough. I've also got a Dream 110 (and a NIB one) with a YS 1.20 that I hoped to put up this past summer but didn't get the chance too. Hopefully next season I can do that; I plan to send the pair of YS 1.20s to CH for servicing.
Still tossing around whether or not to sell the RV-6, it's hard to justify the cost given the relatively few hours I've put on it these past years. Hope all is well on your side, especially given the business side of AA at present.
Mark
Wow! Lot's of projects there, man.
I've been doing a little here and there this fall only. Flown a couple of contests, one AMA and one Classic. It was fun.
Finished an electric Denight Special and helped Dad with electrifying a BH Midget Mustang 60.
Don't do what I did and sell your airplane, I miss my Pitts Special, EVERYDAY!
All is well at work, should pan out if this TA is voted in. The Native American pilots however, are clueless.
Chris...
stuntflyr is online now Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Last edited by stuntflyr; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Can't spell, bad grammar, syntax errors, etc...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:17 AM
AMA MEMBER
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2010
431 Posts
I should have the new molds finished for the Tiger Tail III w/the vertical fin as part of the mold finished in a week from now. Short Kits in two weeks.

RcAiir.com Fiberglass kits and parts.
frequentflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by frequentflyer1