Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:06 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Yet again - hence why i asked a question
... And the answer to that question is "read the AR6400 manual".

Another problem solved.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:09 PM
United States, IN, Cedar Lake
Joined Jun 2008
28 Posts
Sorry, I should have specified AR6400L as that's what I'm using in my plane. I apologize for any confusion. The procedures I outlined work fantastic in my micro yak-55 which uses the 6400L, I hope that the info can be of use to somebody who owns that particular board. I don't mean to disparage the AR6400 series manual, but in my case it failed to address what changes were necessary in the transmitter to accomplish what I was trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Default on a 4-sites AR6400L is reverse ailerons. All other AR6400's default with the plugs channel 2 and channel 6.

The manual is simple to understand. The people that answer questions on RCG refer to it often. What you have typed is confusing and wrong.
BeyondParallax is offline Find More Posts by BeyondParallax
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:21 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,308 Posts
Tis okay

I got it set up now

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondParallax View Post
Sorry, I should have specified AR6400L as that's what I'm using in my plane. I apologize for any confusion. The procedures I outlined work fantastic in my micro yak-55 which uses the 6400L, I hope that the info can be of use to somebody who owns that particular board. I don't mean to disparage the AR6400 series manual, but in my case it failed to address what changes were necessary in the transmitter to accomplish what I was trying to do.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
All of this is helpful to many because there are different transmitters and Rx boards in use. Thanks to everyone.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:31 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondParallax View Post
"dual airelons" is in your TX (dx6i) and not in other TX's like a dx7, which uses "flaperons" to use channel 2 and 6 for ailerons.

What you typed is "pops and buzzes" for someone with a dx7.

The ar6400 is set up so you don't need "dual ailerons" in the Tx, because most TX's don't have this.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:34 PM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
hi buratino!
it's a kit or you use a plan to make it!?
if is a plan you could kindley post it !?
verry nice!
Hi, I am using this "plan" to buil my J-3. Please note the first drawing has very high wing alpha.
buratino is offline Find More Posts by buratino
Last edited by buratino; Nov 14, 2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:19 PM
United States, IN, Cedar Lake
Joined Jun 2008
28 Posts
I understand where you're coming from. My reason for doing it was so that I could have independent adjustable end points on both ailerons and be able to use the flap function. I guess it's a good thing I said I was using a dx6i in the original post, otherwise there would have been more confusion. I'm glad you clarified this point for dx7 users, as I wouldn't have known that since I haven't owned that system yet and am unfamiliar with its menu functions. Good catch!

Another nice thing about the dual aileron setup is being able to dial in differential to correct the barrel roll issue. On aerobatic micro flyers, this can be of great value. I'm not sure how to effect that setup with the dx7, perhaps you can elaborate on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
"dual airelons" is in your TX (dx6i) and not in other TX's like a dx7, which uses "flaperons" to use channel 2 and 6 for ailerons.

What you typed is "pops and buzzes" for someone with a dx7.

The ar6400 is set up so you don't need "dual ailerons" in the Tx, because most TX's don't have this.
BeyondParallax is offline Find More Posts by BeyondParallax
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:14 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buratino View Post
Hi, I am using this "plan" to buil my J-3. Please note the first drawing has very high wing alpha.
thanks ,buratino!
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:21 AM
Queensland
Joined Jul 2006
15 Posts
Hi all!

I'm still in the process of building a Guillows Lancer & powering it with a GMJ blue motor from BSD.

Radio will be AR6400.

Fuse weight (no undercarriage or covering) - 5.2 grams
Ruder/fin weight (covered) - 0.67 grams
Tailplane weight (covered) - 2.3 grams
Wing (partially covered) - 6.5 grams

Not sure if the above weights are good or not. Can anyone comment?
Have included pics of progress thus far.
Also included pic of motor mounting. Using two 1mm self tapping screws to mount. Very happy with result!

More pics when finished!

Cheers!
Lekky1 is offline Find More Posts by Lekky1
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:51 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
359 Posts
I have 27g plane using AR6400 and 7mm motor and it can fly with half throttle so I think your plane is quite ok
buratino is offline Find More Posts by buratino
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:02 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
15 grams so far, probably 12-15 for gear and battery, so I'd guess 30-36 grams total when done, but the stock Spectrum gear will fly it fine even at much higher weight.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:04 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
can somebody tell me if the AR6400 is able to handle the 4site motor just as well s the AR6400L? I've broken my L board and was hopng i could put a spare 6400 into it but not sure if the ESC will be up to it?
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:38 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
can somebody tell me if the AR6400 is able to handle the 4site motor just as well s the AR6400L? I've broken my L board and was hopng i could put a spare 6400 into it but not sure if the ESC will be up to it?
4 site motor = mustang/Trojan motor. So yes, it will work fine.

Old vapor brick, not so much.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:39 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Other then the servo travel, the 6400 and 6400L are the same.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:51 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
Sweet, I will just have to use the inner holes on the control horns to make up for the travel loss
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz