HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:17 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
This one is build from 3mm depron to save weight, naturally it require some wise reinforcement and extra work to stay in one piece in air, but as you can see it fly like indoor foamy because of that. From what i saw, foamies that are build from 6mm depron don't fly good at all.
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:28 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Dear Jurgen,

I receive note that people having problems in Germany when they try to look at this video... I upload it to vimeo: ... let me know is this working better. ...
Hi Donatas,

problem solved! Video works fine on Vimeo.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
New video, flying in my short vacation in nature on September 1, as you can see even limited space and obstacles are not a problem for Sultimate:

Donatas Design Sultimate XL flyingin nature. (4 min 51 sec)
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hello Donatas, just love the videos,
Thanks for magic service with plan !!!!!!!!!!!
I emailed you at 9.15 uk time and my plan arrived in my email box before 9.40
The plan is tops.
After busy weekend orginising my club annual Fly-In then maybe I will get to do some work on the Sulti XL.

Thanks again for great service,

Richard
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:20 PM
Acro3D
Segovia - Spain
Joined Feb 2005
50 Posts
very interesting plane

Hi guys!

I'd like to congratulate Donatas for his amazing work. I got my Sultimate XL plan and it's just awesome, very accurate, and it's smart to split it out in 20 standart A4 sheets so this way I got printed them all by myself. Some explanatios of reinforcements and other things are included in this plan, this is good.

Here in Spain typically we have good weather the whole year... so a lot of people just don't want to rent a hall for doing indoor flying. Some people used the indoor foamies for flying outdoor... but they were very shacky in windy conditions and not precise at all. That's why I think Sultimate XL will have a great success in these cases.
Luispain is offline Find More Posts by Luispain
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:52 PM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Thank you for kind words guys! Little of topic i receiver video material from Lithuania F6A championship:
Donatas Pauzuolis Lithuania open F6A championship 2011 (5 min 35 sec)

In calm day i was practicing some moves with Sultimate XL. Im glad now in Lithuania outdoor season is over, and its time for indoor season, its gonna be exciting.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:59 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2004
125 Posts
Hello Donatas i can't find some more info about your sultimate XL. So how long is the fuse and the wing, just to know the dimension of the needed depron sheets.

Also how many mah 3s lipo is the optimal? And the final weight RTF?

Thanks
uragano47812 is offline Find More Posts by uragano47812
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:52 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812 View Post
Hello Donatas i can't find some more info about your sultimate XL. So how long is the fuse and the wing, just to know the dimension of the needed depron sheets.

Also how many mah 3s lipo is the optimal? And the final weight RTF?

Thanks
Hello, wingspan is 1000 cm and fuselage 1007 cm. So 1m sheet should be enought. I was using 3s 850 mah , this is perfect for good power and flight time is about 5-6 min . Empty plane weight was 325g. RTF weight depend on battery selection. Hope this help.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:57 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Hello, wingspan is 1000 cm and fuselage 1007 cm. So 1m sheet should be enough. ...
With a wingspan of 1000 cm, I don't think a 1 m sheet will be big enough.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 07, 2011, 02:44 PM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
With a wingspan of 1000 cm, I don't think a 1 m sheet will be big enough.

Jürgen
Ok lets go with 1000 and +5mm By the way i shoot video of flying sultimate XL indoor, quite fun experience, i made video, but never had time to edit it. Maybe one day...
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:21 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,419 Posts
Purchased the plans from Donatas last week (Only about an hour between payment and when the plans were in my inbox ). Since it'll be a while before it's comfortable to fly outside in these parts I put together a Mini SUltimate, scaled off of the plans. I used the Beast motor/battery, with the AR6400NBL that comes with the Micro Stryker. For servos I ended up replacing the Spektrum stuff with the HK5320 1.7g servos from Hobby King.

I really like this size/power combo. With a 22" wing and a 50-55g flying weight the wing loading works out to slightly less than the UMX extra. It feels like a full size indoor 3d plane, but it makes the space you're flying in seem much larger, as there are now more airplane lengths for a given hall size. I didn't mill this guy, so there are probably a few grams to squeeze out of the airframe.

Here's a video of John Glezellis wringing it out at the Auburn indoor.

Mini SUltimate (2 min 17 sec)

and with it's big brother (me flying this time)

http://vimeo.com/34421262

I love this design, and really look forward to building/flying the XL

-Adam
AJWoods is online now Find More Posts by AJWoods
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:55 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT KID View Post
Purchased the plans from Donatas last week (Only about an hour between payment and when the plans were in my inbox ). Since it'll be a while before it's comfortable to fly outside in these parts I put together a Mini SUltimate, scaled off of the plans. I used the Beast motor/battery, with the AR6400NBL that comes with the Micro Stryker. For servos I ended up replacing the Spektrum stuff with the HK5320 1.7g servos from Hobby King.

I really like this size/power combo. With a 22" wing and a 50-55g flying weight the wing loading works out to slightly less than the UMX extra. It feels like a full size indoor 3d plane, but it makes the space you're flying in seem much larger, as there are now more airplane lengths for a given hall size. I didn't mill this guy, so there are probably a few grams to squeeze out of the airframe.

Here's a video of John Glezellis wringing it out at the Auburn indoor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyHMJ...1&feature=plcp

and with it's big brother (me flying this time)

http://vimeo.com/34421262

I love this design, and really look forward to building/flying the XL

-Adam
Hi Adam, great project and i can say flying characterystic's are great. I will sure try something like this, but probably with miller ore mylar covered airframe. Keep up good work!!!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:23 PM
Titusville Florida
Joined Mar 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Ok lets go with 1000 and +5mm By the way i shoot video of flying sultimate XL indoor, quite fun experience, i made video, but never had time to edit it. Maybe one day...
Donatas,

Any chance that you might make a Sultimate XL kit? If so, you have at least three sold right here! I am really enjoying your indoor Sultimate but it is a little fragile for outdoor so I am quite interested in the XL. Can you comment on how similar the indoor Sultimate XL flies as compared to the XL?

Thanks,

James
Lokiyawl is offline Find More Posts by Lokiyawl
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Hi guys!
I'd like to show you my SultimateXL. I purchased the plans from Donatas several months ago, but until now I have time to build one and fly it. The material I used is called KT board with is usually used in ad area, because it's not convenient to get depron in our country(but depron is getting popular now). KT board is 5MM foam coverd with thin film on both side. Diffrent from depron, KT board is not soft enough to absorb so much energy during crash, so it will get more injury at that time. but let me make do with it. At the same time, I'd like to build it in a simple way to save time. So I only use the outline of Donatas' and use the structure that I familiar with.
In my opinion, SultimateXL is perform well in flight. It's very agile. It can fly with very slow speed, perform very sharp maneuver like quick loop and snap roll. It can do a loop nearly at a point in air. The rolling maneuver is very nice.
I think the SultimateXL is fine with me, so my next XL is coming soon. Thank Donatas.
Name: IMG_7440_a.jpg
Views: 122
Size: 85.9 KB
Description: my SultimateXL Name: IMG_7464_a.jpg
Views: 123
Size: 84.9 KB
Description: my SultimateXL
StallManeuver is offline Find More Posts by StallManeuver
Last edited by StallManeuver; Apr 17, 2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: save space of photos
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
818 Posts
Hi MIT KID,

I've bought all the kit you use and am about to build a airframe. What thickness depron do you use 2mm? And what thickness was the carbon?

Cheers,
Alan
awood12345 is offline Find More Posts by awood12345