HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:06 PM
United Kingdom, Gerrards Cross
Joined Mar 2013
22 Posts
Hi guys,

I have had a look at the thread and I have probably missed it (a million apologies if I have ), but has anyone ever done a GUI version of the setup for this camera?
Flyboy152 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy152
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy152 View Post
Hi guys,

I have had a look at the thread and I have probably missed it (a million apologies if I have ), but has anyone ever done a GUI version of the setup for this camera?
A GUI wouldn't help - if you have an original #11 then there's NOTHING that can be configured
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:48 AM
United Kingdom, Gerrards Cross
Joined Mar 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
A GUI wouldn't help - if you have an original #11 then there's NOTHING that can be configured
I don't understand the "rolleyes;" not very friendly. I thought I was asking a perfectly legititmate question and a simple "yes" or "no" answer would have been better than a rude and patronising one. I am not very tech savvy, most of this stuff passes right over me and I appreciate it when people are polite, courteous and respectful.

I was more inetersted in adjusting the time date stamp and if there was any new firmware that had been developed for it and whether it needs to be updated or not; I guess I was wrong.
Flyboy152 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy152
Old Oct 12, 2013, 06:16 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
I don't understand the "rolleyes;" not very friendly. I thought I was asking a perfectly legititmate question and a simple "yes" or "no" answer would have been better than a rude and patronising one. I am not very tech savvy, most of this stuff passes right over me and I appreciate it when people are polite, courteous and respectful.

I was more inetersted in adjusting the time date stamp and if there was any new firmware that had been developed for it and whether it needs to be updated or not; I guess I was wrong.
I see people have different understanding of the few faces available on this forum

They are just esthetic stuff .. don't have any special 2nd meaning

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:52 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
There's nothing much to configure with #11, but editing a text file is easy, even for #16.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the smiley. There was certainly no insult implied. Smileys aren't intended to insult people anyway.

Nowhere in this entire thread has there ever been any mention of a configuration method for the #11, hence the sarcasm - which applies equally (more) to the developer, who never deemed it necessary to support #11 users once he "renamed" his camera #18 (for the developer!).

Click here and you'll notice there are different firmware files for the #11 - but note that some have bugs. The #11 has never ever had a configuration file of any sort.

If all you want to do is accurately set the date and time then you have two choices:
A simple version
A more complex version

The two time setting programs also work perfectly for the #18.

If you are not 'very tech savvy', as you put it, are you sure you have a #11 and not a #18? There is enormous confusion here, but I believe all new #11s are, indeed, #18s. If you have an original #11, consider yourself lucky. The #18 firmware, although configurable to a certain extent, has never been reliable .
Old Oct 22, 2013, 09:34 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,334 Posts
edit
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Oct 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
hello sir my name is rahil and i need this key chain ring for lecturer i am from pakistan i am a student at university sir plz give me a advice which version i purchase of 808 and from which seller through ebay i need this keychain ring for lecturer thank you
humrahi is offline Find More Posts by humrahi
Old Nov 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,894 Posts
Read first post.
antslake is online now Find More Posts by antslake
Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:08 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by humrahi View Post
hello sir my name is rahil and i need this key chain ring for lecturer i am from pakistan i am a student at university sir plz give me a advice which version i purchase of 808 and from which seller through ebay i need this keychain ring for lecturer thank you
Until the developer corrects the bugs in the firmware, I can't recommend buying this camera.
You would be much better off buying a #16. Click here for a link to the #16 thread. Only buy from one of the recommended sellers listed in post #2.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 02:05 PM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Feb 2013
154 Posts
Hello all,

9895 posts is too much to read, so allow me to ask a simple question: Is it possible to buy a #11 or #16 somewere else than ebay?

I do not have (and I will never have) a paypal account. And if I pay by creditcard via paypal, they charge pretty some extra money for that.

Does anybody know whether it is possible to buy outside ebay and pay by bank-transfer?
emax is offline Find More Posts by emax
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2013, 02:11 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs View Post
Hello all,

9895 posts is too much to read, so allow me to ask a simple question: Is it possible to buy a #11 or #16 somewere else than ebay?

I do not have (and I will never have) a paypal account. And if I pay by creditcard via paypal, they charge pretty some extra money for that.

Does anybody know whether it is possible to buy outside ebay and pay by bank-transfer?
Paypal does not charge extra

There is nothing better then PayPal for payment ...

ps: #11 and #16 are old cams ... you should look for something better like a mobius
Old Nov 26, 2013, 02:32 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,988 Posts
Quote:
Hello all,

You don't need to read all the posts, just the first few like the thread title says! I'd forget the #11... it's truly obsolete. But the #16 is still alive and much more user adaptable. See it's support thread here for verified vendors.

There are other re-sellers for the #16, but they will cost you more. You'll need to contact each verified vendor (listed in the second or third post in the support thread for the #16) to see if they can accept other payment (even the China direct sellers)!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 26, 2013, 04:08 PM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Feb 2013
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Paypal does not charge extra
They do. First of all, the exchange rate from Euro to Dollar is, well, 'paypal friendly', and secondly they charge an extra fee for foreign currency translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
There is nothing better then PayPal for payment ...
Aha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You don't need to read all the posts, just the first few like the thread title says!
Maybe I've overseen something, but that's exactly what I did - and found only eBay-references and this note "NOTE: POSTS #1-#5 ARE NO LONGER BEING UPDATED ..." which rendered the titles invitation somewhat obsolete.

Quote:
There are other re-sellers for the #16, but they will cost you more. You'll need to contact each verified vendor (listed in the second or third post in the support thread for the #16) to see if they can accept other payment (even the China direct sellers)!
Thank you, I will try this. I'm not afraid of paying a few bucks more. Instead, I'm afraid of any kind of eBay-services:I have never experienced a worse customer-care than there. But thats a personal view and thus not worth a discussion.

I will go for the #16, and to be honest: When I wrote my posting I was mistaken as I assumed to be in the #16 thread (due to a misleading link).

Thank you anyway!
emax is offline Find More Posts by emax
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2013, 04:41 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
They do. First of all, the exchange rate from Euro to Dollar is, well, 'paypal friendly', and secondly they charge an extra fee for foreign currency translation.

Aha.

You are free to pay as you like.

Just remember ... unless you send money transfer to a 3rd party ... you have no insurance that you will get anything after your payment ... with PayPal the money goes to PayPal, and then to the seller, in case of problem the seller may not see any money and you get full refund.

Paying by credit card directly on the net , it is risky ... your credit card data can land in wrong hands, and you can have big troubles ...

Exchange rate is not for free anywhere in the universe ... so either you pay PayPal for exchange or to your credit card company

I'm using PayPal since 2001 ... never ever had a single issue with it.

Just recently one of my credit card data have been leaked (possibly some bad physical shop, since I only use in person not online), and only since it is an AMEX, I had not trouble, the fraud transaction (an online one) has been block automatically by AMEX and short after my card got fully blocked ... so .. annoying but not a single cent lost ... but I know people with different credit card provider that has not been so lucky like me.

So ... for me there is no better way to take the #16 from the source on eBay on the vendors verified on this thread ... also remember ... there are a lot of bad clones of these little cameras, some are even fake HD ... so ... you just take a risk, on your money and on what you may got ... without any advantage ... only because for some reason (possibly wrong) you don't like payPal or eBay

ps: Mobius is not much more expensive then #16 ... for me it make not much sense to go for #16 in these days ...
Closed Thread