Find More Posts by subsonic
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshimdazza View Post
not happy Jan.....

Made the leap and bought some Dom V3's (from my borrowed Attitudes) and they look marvellous until I powered then on and their is a foreign object internally in the right lens....

Had to send them back RMA warranty to NSW Hobbyking...now just to play the waiting game...
Good lord, don't do that! You will be waiting FOREVER for them to come back. Email Patrick at FS support in Australia support@fatshark.com he will sort you out quick smart.

I had a problem with my HD's and had them back in my hands in under 2 weeks I think. Constant communication at every step, and even though the failure was really annoying, it was handled very well by Patrick. We are lucky to have a very competent service centre local to us in Australia.

Sub
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2015, 04:08 AM
Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Good lord, don't do that! You will be waiting FOREVER for them to come back. Email Patrick at FS support in Australia support@fatshark.com he will sort you out quick smart.

I had a problem with my HD's and had them back in my hands in under 2 weeks I think. Constant communication at every step, and even though the failure was really annoying, it was handled very well by Patrick. We are lucky to have a very competent service centre local to us in Australia.

Sub
Hell yeah, Patrick's the Fatty man!!
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by glorysgun
Katalepsis
United States, AL, Enterprise
Joined Dec 2006
198 Posts
Quote:

Sub
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2008

Really not hard. Scroll through the four or five posts this topic and look up on Youtube for an example.

Start to finish is about 10 minutes DIY vs weeks for a return.
glorysgun is offline Find More Posts by glorysgun
Old Dec 10, 2015, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by subsonic
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysgun View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2008

Really not hard. Scroll through the four or five posts this topic and look up on Youtube for an example.

Start to finish is about 10 minutes DIY vs weeks for a return.
Hey man. The first posts of this thread say nothing about smudges, and the post you linked to is just people whinging about smudges. If you cold link itshimdazza to an example of how to fix it, he might find it useful. Either way I agree, the last thing you want to do is rely on a HK RMA for anything...

cheers,
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Dec 11, 2015, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by glorysgun
Katalepsis
United States, AL, Enterprise
Joined Dec 2006
198 Posts
Quote:
Hey man. The first posts of this thread say nothing about smudges, and the post you linked to is just people whinging about smudges. If you cold link itshimdazza to an example of how to fix it, he might find it useful. Either way I agree, the last thing you want to do is rely on a HK RMA for anything...

cheers,
Sorry for not being more specific. The link to post 2008 begins the discussion where I weighed in on the topic of debris in the optics. I did say scroll through the next 5 or 6 posts where I give a somewhat comprehensive example of how I fixed my problem. I don't have V3s. What I opened up and cleaned was my pair of HDs. I can only imagine that opening V3s would be the same. Youtube is full of videos with dominator, predator, and attitude goggle disassembly videos that will confidently fill you with enough situational awareness to accomplish cleaning the lenses. I consider the task skill level one. Description is in this post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2010
glorysgun is offline Find More Posts by glorysgun