New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2016, 02:50 AM
Find More Posts by Lepidopteran Ape
United States, MO, Maplewood
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Hello,

I thought it was about time I posted my build here. This is my first lite stryker and like many here I absolutely love it! even over the stock F27 C or the F27 Q.

I have it set up with a blue wonder and 8X4 GWS prop, an 800mah 3cell, built in LED's, some WBPU and paint, and a canopy for an AUW of 14oz. I plan on bringing this one to E-fest this year for sure!

Josef
Lepidopteran Ape is offline Find More Posts by Lepidopteran Ape
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2016, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Up! Up! And Away!
Joined Feb 2014
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepidopteran Ape View Post
Hello,

I thought it was about time I posted my build here. This is my first lite stryker and like many here I absolutely love it!
Good looking build! I hope mine will come out at least half as nice. What did you use for the front and rear covers?
GottaZoom is offline Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Old Jan 03, 2016, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by Lepidopteran Ape
United States, MO, Maplewood
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Thanks! The rear cover is made from 6mm rolled depron with fiber reinforced tape+paint and is loosely based on the rear cover of the F27Q. The canopy was cut out of a generic warbird cockpit (made by Hangar 9 I think). The rear cover has a piece of plastic card on the inside which holds the screw that attaches the hatch to a wooden post and the canopy has Velcro near the nose and some on a piece of balsa in the center which was added after the photo.
Lepidopteran Ape is offline Find More Posts by Lepidopteran Ape
Old Jan 03, 2016, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by mclarkson
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,832 Posts
Nice. That's very similar to my first light Stryker, in terms of setup and weight, but much, much prettier.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by RexGalore
Out Standing In The Field
United States, CT, Middletown
Joined Feb 2014
904 Posts
Actual Progress

I'm sure that most of you could have completed two planes in the time I spent today, but I did manage to cut out my elevons and vertical fins today. I had placed the Stryker fuse over my Delta Ray and they really are very close in size. Although the Stryker elevons are 3" longer per side, I cut them the same dimensional taper as the DR - from 2.5" at the root to 1.75" at the tip. The rear tips of the wings have been somewhat compressed in shipping, so I'll give them the almost boiling hot water treatment tomorrow and hopefully get them straighter.

I used DT foam and peeled it after cutting. I'm definitely wrapping all the DT foam in tape, it is really wimpy stuff. If it doesn't hold up to my (ab)use, I've got some coro signs in the garage...
RexGalore is offline Find More Posts by RexGalore
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Up! Up! And Away!
Joined Feb 2014
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore View Post
I'm sure that most of you could have completed two planes in the time I spent today, but I did manage to cut out my elevons and vertical fins today. I had placed the Stryker fuse over my Delta Ray and they really are very close in size. Although the Stryker elevons are 3" longer per side, I cut them the same dimensional taper as the DR - from 2.5" at the root to 1.75" at the tip. The rear tips of the wings have been somewhat compressed in shipping, so I'll give them the almost boiling hot water treatment tomorrow and hopefully get them straighter.

I used DT foam and peeled it after cutting. I'm definitely wrapping all the DT foam in tape, it is really wimpy stuff. If it doesn't hold up to my (ab)use, I've got some coro signs in the garage...
Hey, you've caught up! I'm also going to tape my DTF. After all, the title of this thread is about light weight (and LEDS?).

Still waiting for customs to release my servos they've decided to hold hostage ....
GottaZoom is offline Find More Posts by GottaZoom