Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:34 PM
Black Label Society/Team WMPF
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
Question
Does Anyone Know What This Is?

Hi guys,
I just got a plane from the swap shop at the WRAM show today and I don't really know what it is. The seller didn't provide much info either. I got it for $25 so I thought maybe it is a scratchbuild, but the balsa ribs look laser-cut. They said the same seller was selling another balsa parkflyer by "Seagull", so maybe this is by them too?
I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks, RG
RG167 is online now Find More Posts by RG167
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 07:42 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,116 Posts
Sort of looks like an Accord II or something similar made in the Czech Rep and imported by North East Sailplanes when they were still in business. The LE looks different though but the manufacturing sure looks the same.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:43 AM
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
That one had pockets for two servos, this one doesn't. But they do look similar
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
So I just heard from the seller who goes by the name of "cr@sh" that this is a sport-pattern type plane called the "Pretty". Neither of us could find a website or manual for it, has anyone heard of this model before?
thanks,
RG
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:45 PM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
LOL, I told you, northeast sailplanes rung a bell. I'm really sorry Reuben for not remembering but it is called the pretty. for sure......and I have seen a thread here cause it was a hot topic back then . I told you I was an old fart, see how old that plane is....and the company's gone? that plane was quite and fast but, it tracked really well and stayed where you put it in a moderate breeze. I flew it with a apc thin Eprop, not a slow fly. Maybe you can try a SF prop because of how well you fly indoors. If you really want performance and indoor capability. Drop 9 gram servos and smaller outrunner to run a GWS hyper prop like you use indoors..... and fly with two cell. It will be so light you can sneeze and it go across the room .
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:14 PM
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
I see this as more of a parkflyer so I think its safe to get a feel for it outside then if I think I can tweak it the right way I may try it inside. I looked up northeast sailplanes, but I couldn't find it.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 01:09 AM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
No don't fly indoors yet ...whow, get use to this bird before continplating a mod to acomidate indoors. you can fly a baseball diamond or eat up some real estate quick but first see where the stalls and such are. learn it's bad habits while riding that fine line till you control all flight characteristics. it has very little if any flaws from what I remember. it's impossible to drop out dead stick, it just rocks and harriers like a leaf floating in. you'll like this model but you can set up for indoors if you have the skill. thats all, I'm not saying to do it right away or anything. I'm sorry I have not looked for an esc yet...... today was a little hairy.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 03:22 AM
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
No don't fly indoors yet ...whow, get use to this bird before continplating a mod to acomidate indoors. you can fly a baseball diamond or eat up some real estate quick but first see where the stalls and such are. learn it's bad habits while riding that fine line till you control all flight characteristics. it has very little if any flaws from what I remember. it's impossible to drop out dead stick, it just rocks and harriers like a leaf floating in. you'll like this model but you can set up for indoors if you have the skill. thats all, I'm not saying to do it right away or anything. I'm sorry I have not looked for an esc yet...... today was a little hairy.
Thanks for the advice/info. Most of my collection is 3D fixed-wing, so I wanted something a little different. I have never really tried precision flying which I want to so it seems this is perfect. From what you said it fly's great, but I always like my sport and 3D planes to have SFG's when they can, so I was thinking of building some and using maybe screws or Velcro to hold them on. And take your time with the ESC, outdoor season doesn't start for a couple months so I'm in no rush. I noticed the throttle response is gradual, and I'm curious to see if that's because of the ESC. You said your buddy built it and put in a heli ESC, so maybe that's why?
thanks,
RG
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:56 PM
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
So I just maidened it and it flew just like Cr@sh said. I said "flew" and not "fly's" because on a low pass the motor ripped itself out of the firewall and the prop shaft flew out. It glides really well so I was able to land it. I can probably fix it, but wow! When it happened it sounded like an explosion and there were pieces of the firewall flying everywhere, it was magnificent.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:57 PM
Joined Jan 2015
66 Posts
Other than the nose and motor, no damage to the airframe or electronics. It can be fixed if I get a new motor
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:21 PM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
Maybe I can check my arsenal of junk and see whats laying around..... a park 400 should work? I think you should beef up the firewall and also check all the horns and linkage cause epoxy gets old and brittle . I would put the type that go right threw cord instead of glue holding on just one side. I've been doing that to most my planes now as I had a horn give in flight...... luckily it was over water with a model not too valuable. My concern would be if it went towards some people. that don't sit well with me . I always tug on hinges now, foam or wood.