SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 06:02 AM
Czech Republic, Vysocina Region, Obrataň
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Hi guys
so I have this bird home, too. I have not yet flown. So far, it's cold and makes small adjustments.
Can you please tell me what it is to be used safely CG? Each gives a slightly different and I do not know what to choose.
Thanks a lot guys
sorry for my Google English
Wirda is online now Find More Posts by Wirda
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:49 AM
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Mar 2013
455 Posts
I think the build review that Rich did for Motion RC work well. I'd suggest you follow his recs. you can get the video off YouTube (1700 Corsair building tips) or from the MRC site ( I think).
YLFlyer is online now Find More Posts by YLFlyer
Old Today, 10:24 AM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdfan2 View Post
Tom... Will the new motor mount work in the 1700mm P47 and P51?
The 1700mm P-47 actually comes with this new motor mount and motor board (firewall) installed at this point. The motor board (firewall) and motor mount for the 1700mm P-47 are the exact same updated parts used on the 1700mm corsair. The part numbers are the same. FMS has not updated the motor mount or firewall for the 1700mm P-51D. We have not seen any issues on the P-51D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Dangaras
I agree 100%, with a new job I did not fly mine yet now I am worried about the OEM parts.
I would have like to have known before doing the scale mods
Dangaras, The Corsair in your picture has the new motor mount which means you have nothing to worry about. I know the horse is out of the barn already but I always recommend putting a few initial flights on a new plane before a major repaint/detail just in case there are potential issues. Again, you should be fine since you have the new mount. Your plane looks fantastic!
Tom.MotionRC is online now Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 11:05 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
The 1700mm P-47 actually comes with this new motor mount and motor board (firewall) installed at this point. The motor board (firewall) and motor mount for the 1700mm P-47 are the exact same updated parts used on the 1700mm corsair. The part numbers are the same. FMS has not updated the motor mount or firewall for the 1700mm P-51D. We have not seen any issues on the P-51D.

Dangaras, The Corsair in your picture has the new motor mount which means you have nothing to worry about. I know the horse is out of the barn already but I always recommend putting a few initial flights on a new plane before a major repaint/detail just in case there are potential issues. Again, you should be fine since you have the new mount. Your plane looks fantastic!
Actually that is LDM's corsair.... Amazing work.

Mine does not have the new mount as it is a bastardized plastic & basswood mess from 2014 season.

To be clear, mine cracked twice and has been fixed repeatedly. The problem is even if I wanted to go to the new mount the pain and destruction I would have to go through to dig the "fixes" out would make me very angry!!!!

So having to incur the cost of a mount plus shipping to Toronto would really be excessive.
Dangaras is online now Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Today, 11:15 AM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
384 Posts
lol - sorry. I see that was LDM's Corsair.
Tom.MotionRC is online now Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor