epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Dennis emailed that the gear is ready for primer...Sent me 9 pictures from various angles for my approval, if I wanted to change anything before paint.

This gear is custom built for the Midwing, so is a bit different than a stock Super Cub-mainly that it has wheel pant mounting tabs, and is 1/2" narrower.

So far, the deal has gone down admirably...I've asked him to invoice me for the balance,and he is ready to ship Monday..

Communication is key to any transaction, and this has been an open book.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:04 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Sounds like a NY Times bestseller. Perhaps things can eventually go this well with the quad dudes?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
I'm a firm believer in asking first,-then shooting.
..I was concerned about this, as you all know,but the suggestions you guys passed along made sense.

Ha ha ! In the end, he has all my money, and I still got no landing gear.!!!-says he'll ship Monday,with a tracking number...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
Porterfield pop sent a tracking #, for the gear...It's on it's way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
The landing gear arrived a day earlier than he said it would....should I complain about that ? lol

I'm doing a review ,/ installation thread in scale fuel planes, to check the quality.

I'm off to do a positive trader rating.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, FL
Joined Apr 2011
16 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Great to hear. Those gears look sexy and i hope to get one in the future.
Clenz is offline Find More Posts by Clenz
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
Pots and kettles-both black.

When I started this thread, I was concerned about giving all the money up front, for the landing gear from a 'cottage industry'...a relative unknown, with a short track record.

Well, I'd like to cast a vote of support for "porterfield pop",maker of landing gear for Cubs, and PA-18's. He understood where I was coming from, altered his payment system, and delivered as promised.

Next time, I'll treat him as any other trader who has something to sell-cash up front, if requested.- not once was I concerned about the safety of the $190 I was giving away.

Dennis has that unusual thing, few speak about--integrity.

"I was blackmailed into saying this"-please help me !!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Love a positive story here, so rare now. Get some pics of you goodies up in build thread!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Love a positive story here, so rare now. Get some pics of you goodies up in build thread!
Whoops ! sorry- it's here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1958439
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2013, 09:32 AM
United States, FL, Palatka
Joined Oct 2010
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I know this thread is getting a little rust on it now, but I feel I must cast my vote of confidence for Dennis.

I had a unique situation, I needed gear for the E-Flite 4000 J3 Cub. Dennis only has jigs set up for 1/5 scale and up. After my inquiry and his reply back, I was ready to move on, and thanked him anyway for his quick reply.

The following night I got another email from Dennis, he had devised a plan for me to get functional gear for my Cub that satisfied my needs and his.

Dennis is a retiree with a passion for building scale landing gear for Cubs just to keep him busy in a hobby loves deeply.

I realize I'm a total stranger to everyone here and have no ratings for you to judge me by, but Dennis and I are also total strangers. I'll tell you this much, he's my kind of person, after our series of discussions, I feel that I've known him all my life.

If a person has no reasonable appreciation for the requirements of what it takes to build what Dennis builds, then it's very difficult to place a value on his work and they probably won't be able to do business with him.

Take a look at the pictures in his ADs. Zoom in and inspect the welds and finish. It's the work of a Skilled Craftsman and worthy of its price.

Another satisfied customer of Dennis Sarette

Ron Becker
Themole is offline Find More Posts by Themole
Old Aug 06, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
Glad to hear from you....I'm slacking in finishing my review elsewhere, but only because I want to do him justice...In my case ,I want to use springs rather than bungees, because of the weight..It's difficult finding the proper springs to do the job...
RCG Plus Member