SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:39 PM
woodruff ,south carolina
Joined Jan 2004
77 Posts
Discussion
OSD Pro firmware prob and no video picture

hey guys. i have been flying fpv and all systems are a go. many flights w no problems. i just spent several hours hooking up my osd pro, elogger v4, and gps. ive been having issues w the firmware update of the pro. the elogger updated fine. the pro keeps letting me do the setup for my layout that i want to see in my goggles then when i click ok to save the settings it tries to save then i get a message to email support@eagletreesystems.com. ok... have no idea what the prob is to email about other than what i just typed... now for my second issue. i can turn my ET system on all surfaces on plane work, my vid tx is on, ground station is powered up w goggles turned on and all i get is a grey screen that has a white flicker to it. i can bypass the pro on the camera, and wire it like i was flying it and my picture is there so i know im transmitting and recieving my video from my camera. Help Please!!!!
saberwulf is online now Find More Posts by saberwulf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberwulf View Post
hey guys. i have been flying fpv and all systems are a go. many flights w no problems. i just spent several hours hooking up my osd pro, elogger v4, and gps. ive been having issues w the firmware update of the pro. the elogger updated fine. the pro keeps letting me do the setup for my layout that i want to see in my goggles then when i click ok to save the settings it tries to save then i get a message to email support@eagletreesystems.com. ok... have no idea what the prob is to email about other than what i just typed... now for my second issue. i can turn my ET system on all surfaces on plane work, my vid tx is on, ground station is powered up w goggles turned on and all i get is a grey screen that has a white flicker to it. i can bypass the pro on the camera, and wire it like i was flying it and my picture is there so i know im transmitting and recieving my video from my camera. Help Please!!!!
1) Ok, when you try to save the file, it won't save the file.

when you hit ok, does it update the OSD, and then close the box?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Negatives are always toward the pcb board on eagle tree products.

hook it up again, and make sure that you have the negatives to the inside, then make sure with your multimeter that you are powering the camera and the transmitter in that configuration.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
woodruff ,south carolina
Joined Jan 2004
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
1) Ok, when you try to save the file, it won't save the file.

when you hit ok, does it update the OSD, and then close the box?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Negatives are always toward the pcb board on eagle tree products.

hook it up again, and make sure that you have the negatives to the inside, then make sure with your multimeter that you are powering the camera and the transmitter in that configuration.

ok.. somehow( i have no clue, my osd pro now has the latest firware. ) i just opened it all up on the laptop and checked all configs i put in and everything is there for the osd.
i did meter it w my multi meter at the osd ( for camera and tx power ) and i am getting correct voltage at the osd on the video out side of the pro but no readings on the video in side. thats weird.. i have it wired by the diagram where the camera goes to the video in side and the out side goes to the tx. plz correct me if im wrong here... thanks for any help offered
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:18 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Ok, You have to treat the OSD as a pass through device only. It does not supply power to anything, but you can pass your power through it.

You have to supply power and negative to your camera, and your mic, and your vtx.

You can supply it on either side, and pass it through the osd to the other side, or you can supply it separately.

The video input and video output has an isolated circuit so you can pass the power through, along with the signal.

Same goes for the Audio, it has an isolate circuit, but I would have to trace it. I am not sure if it is completely isolated, or tied with the video power circuit.

Quote:
ok.. somehow( i have no clue, my osd pro now has the latest firware. ) i just opened it all up on the laptop and checked all configs i put in and everything is there for the osd.
i did meter it w my multi meter at the osd ( for camera and tx power ) and i am getting correct voltage at the osd on the video out side of the pro but no readings on the video in side. thats weird.. i have it wired by the diagram where the camera goes to the video in side and the out side goes to the tx. plz correct me if im wrong here... thanks for any help offered
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:48 AM
woodruff ,south carolina
Joined Jan 2004
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Ok, You have to treat the OSD as a pass through device only. It does not supply power to anything, but you can pass your power through it.

You have to supply power and negative to your camera, and your mic, and your vtx.

You can supply it on either side, and pass it through the osd to the other side, or you can supply it separately.

The video input and video output has an isolated circuit so you can pass the power through, along with the signal.

Same goes for the Audio, it has an isolate circuit, but I would have to trace it. I am not sure if it is completely isolated, or tied with the video power circuit.
for some reason im not getting power on the camera side of the pro. power isnt passing through it.. im still tracing it though
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:01 PM
woodruff ,south carolina
Joined Jan 2004
77 Posts
no luck... ive tried it all now... lol. no power to camera through the osd. 12 v on one side and zero voltage on the other going to the camera
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:41 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
no luck... ive tried it all now... lol. no power to camera through the osd. 12 v on one side and zero voltage on the other going to the camera
The osd does not supply power, it will only pass through.

So you have to make a harness that supplies power, and negative to the video equipment

This is how I did it, hopefully it will help:

System powered by 4S

I pull power from the esc side of the e-logger

that power goes to a Voltage regulator, and it is set to 12V.

on the load side of the voltage regulator, I inserted a LC filter

after the LC filter I supplied power and ground to the camera and mic.

In that harness, I also brought power ground and video in one harness
(that plugs in to the video input)

and a single audio in that harness
(that plugs in to the audio input)

On the output side:

Video, Positive, and negative, pass through the video input to the video output.

audio runs a single wire from the audio input, to the audio output.

Video, audio, Positive, and negative wires go from the output side of the osd to the Video Transmitter.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:43 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
If you are running a 3S LiPo, then you do not need the Voltage regulator
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:59 PM
woodruff ,south carolina
Joined Jan 2004
77 Posts
heres what i have. my "harness"coming from my vtx has the audio lead(( pos,neg and signal) which i do not use), the video lead ( pos, neg and signal) and a jst connector that i have hooked into a 3s balance tap for power for my vtx and camera. when i plug the tap into a 3s batt, my camera comes on and my vtx transmits. ok, this is where im lost. if the osd is a pass through, i can power my vtx up ( which should also power my camera ) if it ( power ) passes through the osd, then my camera should power up? y/n? when powered up, i have 12v on the video out side but nothing on the vid in side ( 0 volts ). if a harness is what it will take to make this work, ill be glad to make one...lol. im trying to keep it simple.. thanks again for the help!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Mar 2013
45 Posts
I also have NO video transmitting. I have wired my OSD Pro, Altimiter, eLogger v4, and GPS v4 per the block diagram in the OSD Pro manual. Also, I have been fortunate enough to have m_beeson help me throughout the wiring process.

I can download the newest firmware for the OSD and it loads it to the OSD but then nothing. My Tx gets warm, as it should when plugged in; however, my FPV ground setup (e.g. - screen) is blue and says "No Signal". Has anyone been able to resolve this? I have gone over my wiring again and again and see no flaws. The only issue I see possibly existing is that the Eagle Tree RCA to servo cables may have incorrect polarity input into the OSD, but I had called ET and they said my negative and frequency connectors matched with the connection I had.

This has been such a discouraging process as now I do not know if my OSD is defective or if the mistake is on my end. If I had the polarity incorrectly connected to the OSD (e.g., Vid IN and Vid OUT) then would it fry the electronics or should I try to reverse the servo connectors.
jjbc is offline Find More Posts by jjbc
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:28 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
460 Posts
jjbc,

Please try bypassing your wireless video link and connect the audio/video output from the OSD Pro directly to a monitor and test it. Also, you have to have a valid video input going to the OSD pro for it to output any video. So be sure you have a working camera connected to it. You can test the camera by plugging it directly into a monitor to test. You can reverse the rca/servo plug with no issue to test it.
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Mar 2013
45 Posts
John, thank you for the reply. Also, forgive me for missing your call...I was working at the time I received the call. I feel SO dumb but your message helped me troubleshoot my issue. Turns out that my ground station was not plugged in correctly Works now though!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Mar 2013
45 Posts
Ok now my NAZA unit is not registering!! So many issues.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 09:37 PM
Joined Mar 2013
45 Posts
Okay we are fine!!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 08:24 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
460 Posts
Cool!

If you have any other issues, please open a support ticket on our website. You usually get quicker turnaround times and we don't have to play phone tag

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor