HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:05 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,801 Posts
Discussion
Telemaster V1 vs V2

I am looking to get a large ARF with flaps and the 73” Telemaster EP looks good. The one that they have in stock is V2 and is more expensive than the old ones. Can anyone tell mw the difference between the V1 and V2?http://www.hobby-lobby.com/6_foot_te...34835_prd1.htm

Does anyone have the V2? How do you like it?

Does Hobby Lobby have any holiday discound codes?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:05 AM
Aliphatic resin applicator
Joined Oct 2012
74 Posts
"The construction quality has been improved and it's still set up for AXI OUTRUNNER power and the access hatch for the battery has a magnetic latch to make it really easy to swap out packs." Taken right off the ad in the link you provided. I only had the kit version 10 years ago, sold on Ebay for $509!
329 is offline Find More Posts by 329
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:47 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 329 View Post
"The construction quality has been improved and it's still set up for AXI OUTRUNNER power and the access hatch for the battery has a magnetic latch to make it really easy to swap out packs." Taken right off the ad in the link you provided. I only had the kit version 10 years ago, sold on Ebay for $509!

I do plan on making some modifications to carry a camera. It will also have an APM 2.5 autopilot navigation/camera control system. I may even make it a twin for better front view. I have plenty of motors so I wonít be buying an AXI. No plans for FPV.

My landing strip will have a con field at one end so I need flaps to make a steeper descent. Any other suggestions on something else good thatís about this size or slightly smaller.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:04 PM
Aliphatic resin applicator
Joined Oct 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post

My landing strip will have a con field at one end so I need flaps to make a steeper descent. Any other suggestions on something else good that’s about this size or slightly smaller.

Not many compare to the slow landing speed of a Telemaster, it has no equal other than perhaps a Kadet Senior trainer. Flaps would really make it land at walking speed. Another route would be a biplane. They're ideal for your field limitations, two wings, twice the drag and you can feel it.
I don't know how you'd modify the plane to have twins, it probably would take a considerable amount of effort for so little gain. It would be a lot easier to extend the camera pod.

If you're a kit builder, this is a quite similar to a Telemaster in flight behavior. http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/loadstar40.html
329 is offline Find More Posts by 329
Last edited by 329; Dec 03, 2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added link