Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:16 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Srt8,

1st I don't know why we can't quote your posts as the icon isn't accessible.

ne how weight blades and install/screw like weighted blade to opposite of each other on the backplate. Do not add or remove weight from the blades themselves. Once blades are secured and installed on plate balance on a balancer and add weight with tape, ca, glue, etc. to the back side of the plate in the horizontal rim portion. Add spinner and rebalance. Mark spinner and backplate so you know where to line the spinner up to the backplate anytime it is removed.
Oh I got ganged up in the ltup and a bunch of post reported, so I got a few points, Once all my appeals go through in about a week the quote button will be back. Thanks for the tip!!
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Is there a way you can keep from having to constantly removing your prop from the plane? Constantly loosening and re-tightening may make it more susceptible to cracking and over tightening.

No, not really. I have a Grand Prix so it's hard to lay down the fuse with the prop on. The fuse is too long to lay it across the back seat & the prop would make it even harder.

I put the fuse in the front seat with the nose in the floorboard. The tail almost hits the roof. If the prop was on it would not sit at the angle the fuse needs to be to clear the tail.

I can leave the prop on my Starmax 63" Mustang but not the FMS 67". The prop is that much bigger.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:27 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenop View Post
Yep. I used my TX to program the doors sequence. Others have used an external sequencer. Just be sure to remove the standard sequencer first.
Lenop, did you remove the sequencer and plug the inner door servos into separate aux channels and then mix them with the retracts? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:01 AM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
No, not really. I have a Grand Prix so it's hard to lay down the fuse with the prop on. The fuse is too long to lay it across the back seat & the prop would make it even harder.

I put the fuse in the front seat with the nose in the floorboard. The tail almost hits the roof. If the prop was on it would not sit at the angle the fuse needs to be to clear the tail.

I can leave the prop on my Starmax 63" Mustang but not the FMS 67". The prop is that much bigger.
Why not just take the backplate and blades off the prop shaft and set the whole assy on the floorboard or something? Its only one screw and one bolts, easy with pliers, faster than taking off blades.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Guess Im lucky enough to be able to Mooch off my parents still and borrow my dads pickup when I need it.
NO way more then one of my aircraft can fit inside my 2nd gen Mits Eclipse.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:45 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,705 Posts
well that's why I see that some ppl stray away from the larger 1.7m planes, its a pain to disassemble em. I know if I didn't have a truck I wouldn't wanna take those planes apart everytime. You gotta do what u can to get her to the field and that's why FMS made em easier than before to disassemble. Another reason why I chose a ext cab vs. Crew cab, more bed room...ah whoever rides in the back seats can deal with lack of leg room, so long as my plane fit comfortably in the bed.

Scrib,

Your lucky.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Oct 09, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
I have a GMC Yukon Danali....lots of room but 15MPG
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:34 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
270 Posts
today i switched out the stock esc and bec for a castle ice 100 and a castle bec pro. all fits good inside. also did the prop mod but i used a carbon rod instead of a zip tie
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2ner View Post
today i switched out the stock esc and bec for a castle ice 100 and a castle bec pro. all fits good inside. also did the prop mod but i used a carbon rod instead of a zip tie
Hold on to your socks with the prop mod at hand!!!!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:19 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Quote:
Hold on to your socks with the prop mod at hand!!!!
Amen to THAT!
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:47 PM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
270 Posts
did you guys had to balance out the blades? mine has a wobbels
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Yeah. Balance with spinner on.

Maiden my uses mustang today. Little bit disappointed with the "foam" feel in the air, but over all it went well. It was very windy so that probably played a part in feeling like it did. I don't have a good runway though, so when it touched down it hit a bump and nosed down, shearing off 2 blades. Oh well.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,705 Posts
Actually balance with spinner off n then balance with spinner on after. Then mark backplate and spinner that way if you have to take spinner off they line up to the point of balance.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:26 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
How are you guys balancing these 4-blade/backplate/props/spinners?
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
270 Posts
I would like to know too