SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I fully support his efforts He's trying hard to provide 9x customers with good value and good service. He got a bit of a rough ride when he first posted here on rcgroups... I'm really not sure why. But he's stuck with it and I think he's on the right track!

So yes... absolutely... buy from him guilt free I do appreciate the concern though!

As far as which deal is better? That's up to the customer. I charge $35 and his is $50, but for that extra $15 you get some really nice goodies! The LED backlight and thumbsticks right there are easily worth $15 (and saves you having to order the LED from HK) so you get a neck strap and those simple (but useful!) switch covers.

Also, since he's in the US and I'm in Canada... you'd get it a bit quicker than ordering from me.

I don't mean to sound like I don't want the sales though. I just appreciate the efforts he's taking and he deserves people's support too!

- Steven
I would rather do my RC business on this Continent be it US or Canada but it is hard to find someone that sells good products for a reasonable price over here.

So when I see that someone does I want to make sure I give them my support. Based on most of the posts I would say that you provide quality parts for a great price with an even greater customer support service.

I can hold off a bit on my purchase if you can provide a similar kit for a comparable price. If not then I will go forward with his kit but will keep you and your company on my list for future purchases.

Thanks again

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
I only provide the programmer Vince. The extras he's providing are the value-added items that he's decided to bundle together. He's taken my programmer, HK's backlight, his own thumb sticks, etc etc and made a package out of it. If you want those items then its a clear choice!
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I only provide the programmer Vince. The extras he's providing are the value-added items that he's decided to bundle together. He's taken my programmer, HK's backlight, his own thumb sticks, etc etc and made a package out of it. If you want those items then its a clear choice!
I understand. I felt it was proper for me to ask you first before I purchased from him.

I appreciate your help.

Vince
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
My pleasure!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jan 2012
23 Posts
Just like to report back

Installed and tested 1 of my smartieparts boards.. Worked great.. install er9x worked like a charm...
Wouldn't of been able to do it without this great product.. im no good at soldering small bits

Just like to say Thanks so much very happy customer
MrADuff is offline Find More Posts by MrADuff
Last edited by MrADuff; Jul 21, 2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:59 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Great to hear. Thanks for reporting!

Cheers.

- Steven
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Steven

The Smartieparts board is an awesome piece of technology. I am very happy to have added it to my FlySky 9x.

I am also very appreciative for your support. Keep up the great work.

Vince
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:55 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Thanks Vince! Glad you're happy with it.

- Steven
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Dec 2004
6 Posts
I just installed a smartieparts board in my 9x and goofed up. I didnt check that the switches were seated allright and broke the switch under the menu button. does anyone know where I can get another one, or can you atleast tell my what kind of switch (momentery, on, on-off, ect) I should ask for? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me! I started to look at DigiKey, but there are like 10,000 different ones.
Matt
RFreak is offline Find More Posts by RFreak
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Australia, VIC, Hampton Park
Joined Feb 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFreak View Post
I just installed a smartieparts board in my 9x and goofed up. I didnt check that the switches were seated allright and broke the switch under the menu button. does anyone know where I can get another one, or can you atleast tell my what kind of switch (momentery, on, on-off, ect) I should ask for? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me! I started to look at DigiKey, but there are like 10,000 different ones.
Matt
I did that as well, not while fitting the SP board.. I managed to open it up and fix it.. How do you de-solder it with it having four legs or do you cut it off and then remove each leg...

I've had my SP board quite a while and used the same board for flashing both my 9x's by swapping the backs. I have now got a Ersky9x board so was able to use the SP board on one radio. It has worked fine every time and was/is a very worth while product.

My thanks also Steven for a well made reliable item....
Fugbucker is offline Find More Posts by Fugbucker
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:20 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Hi Matt,

I know people have replaced those... you're better off asking on the main 9x forums though, I think. You'll have more eyes on the problem.

- Steven
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Dec 2004
6 Posts
Thanks for the replys guys, I was able to find the part using the search function on this site, seems I'm not the only one to break that switch. Have one coming from DigiKey. It was kind of tricky unsoldering those 4 legs without messing up the traces on the board, but was able to manage. Thanks again!
Matt
RFreak is offline Find More Posts by RFreak
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:05 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jan 2012
23 Posts
opps lol.. after finally getting my backlight from HK for my 2nd 9X I installed the smartieparts board in that one also.. after a few hours of getting unknown device I started to think outside the box... after doing all the driver setup/installs and window7 tricks to try and install unsigned driver... I check USB cable and used other USB ports.. then i checked over the smartieparts website for the 5 time to make sure I didnt stuff up the install.. Had a closer look at the USB connector pic... and noticed that the green & gray wires was pushed into the wrong pin... Lol... so just swapped them and all working as it should must have been on of thos late night jobs
MrADuff is offline Find More Posts by MrADuff
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:46 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I'm also a very happy smartieparts customer, great product, fast delivery, well worth the money!
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:32 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrADuff View Post
opps lol.. after finally getting my backlight from HK for my 2nd 9X I installed the smartieparts board in that one also.. after a few hours of getting unknown device I started to think outside the box... after doing all the driver setup/installs and window7 tricks to try and install unsigned driver... I check USB cable and used other USB ports.. then i checked over the smartieparts website for the 5 time to make sure I didnt stuff up the install.. Had a closer look at the USB connector pic... and noticed that the green & gray wires was pushed into the wrong pin... Lol... so just swapped them and all working as it should must have been on of thos late night jobs
You know what... that's the second time I've had that complaint. That kind of thing is unacceptable. I'm sorry I didn't notice, but they are SUPPOSED to be all double checked and tested at the factory! Someone's getting fired. OK, probably not... but still... sorry for that

- Steven