SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
United States, MI, Bloomingdale
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Discussion
Heli-max Novus Cp for $65?

I found a brand new Heli-max Novus Cp for $65. Is it a good deal? I was wondering how well do they fly after putting a brushless main motor in it? I know the Novus 125 cp/walkera 4g6 is better since it has a torque tube tail, but alot more expensive. I already have one collective pitch helicopter and can fly fff, side in, and Ive done loops with it before. Is it worth buying or a waste of money for $65? Thanks.
r/c basher is offline Find More Posts by r/c basher
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:44 AM
Joined Jan 2010
449 Posts
That is a steal at that price.
dreadhero is offline Find More Posts by dreadhero
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:44 AM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
yeah, if they have two get me one
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Thanks I wonder how they fly though. I dont want to buy it if its really hard to hover and twitchy.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:01 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
is this an ebay deal? if so check the shipping price, as i found a 4#3b with brushless for $25, but the shipping was ~$100, so they might be selling it so cheap because they are gaining profit from the shipping cost, not the actuall heli.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:06 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
where?
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
No this is a scratch and dent from a place that Im not going to say until I figure out if I want to buy it or not. Its actually $100 but I have a gift card. The novus cp gets alot of negative reviews. I dont know if I really want to but it or if it will just be a money pit. They say its slightly used but works fine and missing extra set of main blades.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c basher View Post
I found a brand new Heli-max Novus Cp for $65. Is it a good deal? I was wondering how well do they fly after putting a brushless main motor in it? I know the Novus 125 cp/walkera 4g6 is better since it has a torque tube tail, but alot more expensive. I already have one collective pitch helicopter and can fly fff, side in, and Ive done loops with it before. Is it worth buying or a waste of money for $65? Thanks.
Its a good deal price wise compared to what the original model sells for but you will need to do a full brushless main AND tail on it. The little brushed tail motor on the early Walkera 4G3 models (which is what that heli is) was terrible and is almost impossible to get it to hold. Consider the cost of having to buy two brushless ESC's and motors as well as a brushless tail motor holder with this "cheap" deal. The 4G6/125 are leaps and bounds ahead of that first CP attempt heli from Walkera and even have HH gyros in them now.

Its a great deal as long as you understand you are getting a "project" heli that requires some skill to get setup to fly properly and is very quick and twitchy compared to any other CP micro you may have flown
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:35 PM
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
I think Ill have to pass on this. The novus cp gets to many negative reivews where the electronics fail. Its also always windy where I live, and I dont have a big enough indoor space to do anything with it besides hover. If anyone is interested its in towerhobbies scratch and dent for $99 but I had a gift card that would make $65- http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTS1000p?&C=E Thanks for your comments.