HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2005, 02:04 AM
Soaking it all in
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2005
9 Posts
My Dumas Racing Runabout arrives downunder!

My Dumas Racing Runabout kit has arrived and now I need to plan to start it!

I am really looking forward to this, and although I am a little daunted I have already learnt so much from this Forum to get me going. The only thing is I am in Australia and some of the products you talk about do not exist here, but I am sure there are substitute products.

My first question is about Bondo - in simple terms what is it?
Is it a 2 part body filler type product, or a more simple wood filler. This is what is recommended to fair in the bottom at the chine.

Now what if I want to hide some 'faults' between planks - do I just use a mahogany coloured wood filler? Plastic Wood? What is the go?

Thanks in advance JOSH
jb4845 is offline Find More Posts by jb4845
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2005, 06:26 AM
Panama City, Panama
Joined Nov 2004
88 Posts
Josh, "Bondo" is a brand name of an auto body filler. For filling the faults between planks some of the other mahogany boat threads list some products. I can't remember them right of hand... For the boat I am building, which will be fully painted, I used dry wall compound for filling holes in walls. worked great, sanded smooth. Good luck with your build.
Knotaddicted is offline Find More Posts by Knotaddicted