HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
Discussion
Cellpro 10s strange safety codes.

Hey guys, my well used Cellpro 10s is doing some strange things.

First off it doesn't like charging using only the plug blocker, everything has to be plugged in.

Secondly it goes bananas when I try and charge an A123, with the plug blocker in I get a safety code 70 message, and with a charge cable attached I get a safety code 65!

I've checked for continuity between the middle terminals, and reset the firmware.

what else can I check?

Cheers!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:01 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare View Post
Hey guys, my well used Cellpro 10s is doing some strange things.

First off it doesn't like charging using only the plug blocker, everything has to be plugged in.

Secondly it goes bananas when I try and charge an A123, with the plug blocker in I get a safety code 70 message, and with a charge cable attached I get a safety code 65!

I've checked for continuity between the middle terminals, and reset the firmware.

what else can I check?

Cheers!
Good Day,

There are a couple of diodes you can check on the circuit board, they are marked as D15 & D16. Good or bad, you can remove these from the board. This is a later change we made to the circuit design and do not install anymore. Let me know how you make out.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:17 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
Thanks I'll crack open the charger and take a peek.

Can you give me the specs on these so I can buy the right ones?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:34 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare View Post
Thanks I'll crack open the charger and take a peek.

Can you give me the specs on these so I can buy the right ones?
Good Day,

The diodes are not installed any more, you want to remove them from the circuit board weather they are good or bad.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:29 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
right, that's even better.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:37 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
This appears to have fixed the problem, thanks Howard!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2005
6 Posts
Howard,

My 10s is doing the same thing..same codes. However, I am trying to plug in/charge a 10s brick pack with two balance leads and a single set of discharge leads. I am plugging the dishcarge leads into the outer two jacks. When I plug in the balance leads I get error 70...when I switch the balance leads I get error 65...???

Any help would be appreciated.

-mark
flyintexan is offline Find More Posts by flyintexan
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:41 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyintexan View Post
Howard,

My 10s is doing the same thing..same codes. However, I am trying to plug in/charge a 10s brick pack with two balance leads and a single set of discharge leads. I am plugging the dishcarge leads into the outer two jacks. When I plug in the balance leads I get error 70...when I switch the balance leads I get error 65...???

Any help would be appreciated.

-mark
Hi,

You need to make sure your pack is wired this way and balance pigtails are connected in the appropriate channels:

Name: 10S pack wiring.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 125.2 KB
Description:

The pigtail with wires 1 - 6 is connected to channel 1. Also note that wires 6 and 7 must read the same voltage. This is where most problems lie.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:11 PM
Joined Jan 2005
6 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess my first question would be determining which balance lead is #1. Based on the error code would I be able to tell if they are connected wrong or right in terms of #1 and #2?

60-65 Positive switch close failure
66-71 Series switch close failure

My second question.. Based on the identical voltage requirement I guess that I am going to really regret buying the pack in this configuration? Getting identical voltage would ultimately require discharging or charging through one blance connector prior to actually charging the pack with the discharge leads connected. Would this statement be correct?

Lastly, would the 10xp be a solution to my problem?

-Mark
Last edited by flyintexan; Mar 12, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:03 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyintexan View Post
My second question.. Based on the identical voltage requirement I guess that I am going to really regret buying the pack in this configuration? Getting identical voltage would ultimately require discharging or charging through one blance connector prior to actually charging the pack with the discharge leads connected. Would this statement be correct?
No. The comment was in regards to pins 6 and pins 7. Not cells or packs. Technically on a 6s or higher pack, pin 6 and pin 7 are connected to the same tap on the cell. If the cables are reversed, that's another story.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Jan 2005
6 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I still have the same error code issue as well as a new one upon plugging in two separate 5s packs. Perhaps it's time to send it in...