HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
699 Posts
I really like your builds, the F-4 looks very scale. Looking forward to some video showing it flying good after being trimmed.
Castel101 is offline Find More Posts by Castel101
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
yeah...me too, I have the new fan blades on and running smooth...just need a weather break to get it on video. it flies very nice all trimmed out, just doesnt want to be videoed

Joe
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:50 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
There are some reports of being able to use 4s with the three blade impeller and a 12A esc. I haven't personally tried it to verify motor temps.
I'm running 4S on this fan/motor combo/10 amp ESC without any issues---And with the 5 blade fan...My SA MiG 15 is fast as snot!!!...The SA motor is really a lower kv than advertised...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
hmmmmm that sounds interesting, just might give that a go.
I've heard some where running 4s, but wondered if the motor would hold out over repeated runs.

Joe
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
had a chance to fly today and got the Phantom on video, not the greatest flight I was getting cold and my fingers were a bit numb, the breeze wasnt real bad but enough to knock it around some. as I have said its no speed demon but it is fun, I would think a 40mm or mabey 45mm would scoot her along very nice, or as suggested go 4s...now that would really kick the speed up a notch or two

Joe

35MMPhantom2 (0 min 0 sec)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Thanks for the video Joe. I gotta say - you're throttle management scared me a few times during the flight! LOL
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
throttle management...? thats one of my problems...some days I dont have any...
might as well forgo the speed control and just use an old fashioned "motor on-motor off" controller
also been experimenting with the rates, it was very touchy on the role so I reduced them a touch, and like where they are now, and the elevator was a bit mushy so I increased it, hence the porpoising till I got a feel for it, then I near ran into myself...ah..good times

Joe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
This looks good enough that I'm considering building it just as a display model. Have you weighed it yet? Do you think it could be built as a pusher or would it end up tail heavy?
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numanair View Post
This looks good enough that I'm considering building it just as a display model. Have you weighed it yet? Do you think it could be built as a pusher or would it end up tail heavy?
there have been a couple pusher versions of the Phantom done, dont see any reason why this one wouldnt work, plenty of room in the nose to push the batts quite a ways forward, and you can also put the servos and RX way up front too.

Joe