HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:18 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,206 Posts
Where did you guys put your esc? The stock one came as though it was to be mounted between the two main wing mounting post, but that won't work because it would be in the way of the aileron servo. I pushed the esc as far forward as I could coiling the wires up behind the motor. Seems to be ok but I have tightened the main wing screws as tight as I can get them and I still get a very slight crack between the very top of the wing and the fuse.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:34 AM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Where did you guys put your esc? The stock one came as though it was to be mounted between the two main wing mounting post, but that won't work because it would be in the way of the aileron servo. I pushed the esc as far forward as I could coiling the wires up behind the motor. Seems to be ok but I have tightened the main wing screws as tight as I can get them and I still get a very slight crack between the very top of the wing and the fuse.
that's where my esc was, until she nosedived into mother earth at mach V!!!! then it convienently moved out of the fuselage for some unknown reason
03svtsnakevert is offline Find More Posts by 03svtsnakevert
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
olllian
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Sky i have a 100amp speed controller btw the wing and fuse. I had to cut a little but not much! Go to post #104
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:02 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,206 Posts
Thanks guys
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Moray vs rare bear

Does anyone own both the moray and hobbykings funfighter Rare bear, and tell me which you might like over the other? I own a rare bear and only changes I made was apc 6x4 prop and adding a turnigy plush 30a esc. I fly it with stock motor and servos on a zippy compact 4s 1300
Dutch349311 is offline Find More Posts by Dutch349311
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch349311 View Post
Does anyone own both the moray and hobbykings funfighter Rare bear, and tell me which you might like over the other? I own a rare bear and only changes I made was apc 6x4 prop and adding a turnigy plush 30a esc. I fly it with stock motor and servos on a zippy compact 4s 1300
I have both, Moray is a much nicer plane to fly
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:29 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch349311 View Post
at the weight u are flying the bear at there is no comparison unless u went to a 3000 4 cell in the moray. the wing loading numbers are off the chart on your bear compared to a stock weight moray. dont get me wrong , there is nothing wrong w/ your bear setup but the stock weight moray will seem like a glider by comparison.

have u ever flown the bear on the stock prop and a 850/4's ? this will be much a closer setup to the moray, although the bear would still be heavier wing loading wise and faster.

chuck.
chas650r is online now Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Today i got my Nano 6s after fitting it in the plane there is no way that that it's possible to get the COG right even with the stock motor fitted in it and esc behind the lipo
I really don't see how ollian managed to get the cog right with that big heli motor in front of it and that 100Amp esc in the nose
He must have a huge amount of led in the tail
Last edited by Quadmad; Dec 06, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:18 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad View Post
Today i got my Nano 6s after fitting it in the plane there is no way that that it's possible to get the COG right even with the stock motor fitted in it and esc behind the lipo
I really don't see how ollian managed to get the cog right with that big heli motor in front of it and that 100Amp esc in the nose
Or he's just flying it nose heavy.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_captain View Post
or he's just flying it nose heavy.
lol
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
olllian
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad View Post
Haha! Its perfect I added 28g of lead in the back to make it good! I really don't notice the lead at all!. U can lunch the thing on less then 1/4 T. I am putting my mini cam on the moray this weekend. Check out my funfighter doing 124mph

Funfighter 4s on board Cam. (2 min 40 sec)
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
Haha! Its perfect I added 28g of lead in the back to make it good! I really don't notice the lead at all!. U can lunch the thing on less then 1/4 T. I am putting my mini cam on the moray this weekend. Check out my funfighter doing 124mph

http://youtu.be/XEvqcvnaUyM
lol 1 ounce of led haha
i'm going to keep the moray as it is flys nice with the 7x7 i'm running at the moment I have the Dog and other planes when i want to go really fast
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:01 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Hi

Mine is almost ready to go... Can someone post some reasonable throws... I can't see any in the manual.
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,206 Posts
Not sure about the throws but you can start taming it down by setting some expo. I like to start with 70% expo and go from there.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:07 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Ready for maiden....

As soon as weather permits..

Looks like a well thought little kit, nicely build and rather streamlined at the exception of the very thick trailing edges at wing and stab.

Did my usual foamy treatment: 2 to 4 coats of WBPU

Changed the stock prop for an Aeronaut 7x7, much lighter that allows to get correct CG without lead at the tail, despite using 40C 1800 mah 4S. This prop also draws about 10% more amps but should be faster than stock.

Wonder why they opened the cone, since there is no opening in the backplate to get the air to the motor....

I also strealined the wing bottom, using tape to cover all slots and protect leading edge. Wing bottom is now smooth as silk ...

I re-located the clevis at the ailerons servos arms 2 holes closer to the center, that should help taming the throws and increase the precision and torque of the linkage.

Very bad weather forecast, I might have to wait a lot before maiden....
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Last edited by Manu Simon; Dec 26, 2012 at 03:14 AM.