312 Posts
Great ideas so far!
GravyBones is offline Find More Posts by GravyBones
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
1,028 Posts
There is a fair sized community of FlySky 9x radio users. It is sold by Eurgle,iMax, hobbyking and others. OpenSource software makes it very versatile.

One of its features a PC program to program models and to upload and download firmware. This program connects to the tx via USB. It is here http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/.

I'ld pay for a version of this on the iPad. I don't know what the issues of using the the iPads USB.
A large rcGroup thread is here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...66162&page=195
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:57 PM
Walking with the Lord
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Great ideas for Apps for RC

Thanks for the ideas so far gang. Keep 'em coming.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:00 PM
Walking with the Lord
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Seriously? So after you have told all your friends you got the new iPhone....what then???
Make money from it. What else? The quality of apps on iOS undoubtedly exceeds what you run into on the android stuff.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:31 AM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring View Post
Airplane locator!

1. Load Airplane Locator app on your cell phone.
2. Attach phone to airplane using every handymans favorite tool, duct tape.
3. Head down runway at full throttle and gain a bit of altitude.
4. Fly away until airplane spec disappears.
5. Use your buddies phone to text your plane.
6. Wait for reply from your old phone which will include its current GPS coordinates.
7. Bring camera to GPS coordinates and take some amazing crash photos for posting and our enjoyment.

I can't wait for my free app because this is surely gonna be a hit!
Costs 20 bucks, GPS locator from China, stick a prepaid SIM card in it, call it, it texts you it's location.
cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:24 PM
United States, ID
Joined Sep 2011
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyBones View Post
The quality of apps on iOS undoubtedly exceeds what you run into on the android stuff.
Maybe if you're lucky enough to even find an app for your application.

Personally, I don't deal with companies that cripple their products and try to scam the user every chance they get.

But a lot of people have been suckered into buying iPhones, so my suggestion for an app is something like the FRSky dashboard. Otherwise it will just be another cool thing that iUsers can't have because of Apple's policies.

Hopefully you guys consider it as the gift it is since Samsung (Android based) is another in the long line of companies that subsidize Apple. Samsung got hammered by Apple's patent on the "rounded rectangle" design and Micro$oft subsidized them to keep them alive so they wouldn't face anti-trust litigation.

Just remember that you're dealing with a company that wouldn't exist except for Micro$oft's charity and a heap of lawyers that sue real innovators into the ground and enforce their policy of screwing customers and developers.
jakestew is offline Find More Posts by jakestew
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:13 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,274 Posts
Oh, if you do go buy a samsung (which you should), pay them in nickels, they're all out!
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy