|Jul 02, 2014, 03:30 AM|
Joined Jul 2014
Head Tracker Radio Support. List of supported radio and instructions
General requirement for radio to support head tracking: Your RC radio must be able to selectively assign trainer functions for the higher channels (ch5-8) in order to work. Many radios can do selective assignment but only on the 4 primary controls. Read your RC radio manual 1st before requesting support for your radio.
Known Supported radios:
- ezUHF (note ezUHF supports HT independently from the radio used, if your radio does not support HT, then can add HT via ezUHF
- Futaba: in general Futaba 7 series radios and above support the HT
- Futaba T8FG (see post #123)
- Futaba 8j
- Futaba 10C
- Futaba 10cg
- Futuba T12FG (2S may trigger headset low voltage alarm)
- Futaba 14mZ (must be in 8ch mode - see setup notes in thread)
- Futaba T14SG （must be in 8ch mode and trainer switch assigned - pg 18th this thread).
- Graupner MX-12 (ch 5 and 6 only - will not support roll axis)
- FRSKY Taranis (must be setup via mixing PPM(x) as source to channel - see post #465)
- Graupner MX-16
- Turnigy 9X/ FlySky THB9
- Spektrum DX7s (latest f/w with programmable master function in the trainer menu)
- Spektrum DX8
- Spektrum DX10t
- Walkera DEVO-F4/F7, DEVO-6/7/7E/8S/10/12S
- Hitec Aurora9
- Spectrum DX6i
- Spectrum DX7 (I've heard recent software can support this, please update if true
- Futaba 6EX
- Futaba 6J
- Futaba 7uap
- WFly 8
- Sanwa RD8000
- Sanwa RD6000
- Multiplex Cockpit SX
- Walkera radios other than DEVO-F4/F7, DEVO-6/7/7E/8S/10/12S
- Turnigy 9XR (seems to work through 3.5mm data port but due to number of problems support is no longer provided for this radio)*
Currently under investigation - please post experience
- Futaba 18MZ
- Specktrum SPM2800
Notes about this thread: I want to keep this thread as concise and clear as possible so that information will be easy to find. When new, useful information is posted in the thread I will incorporate it into the relevant primary or secondary threads and delete the original.
If anyone is using a radio not listed here and has information whether the head tracking is supported or not, please post for everyone's benefit.
Data cable specification attached. WARNING TO ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE YOUR OWN CABLE: The HT PCB can be easily damaged by accidentally applying voltage to the PPM line or vise versa, damage your radio. Fat Shark will not warranty any damage due to modified cables. Cables are inexpensive and in stock at most retailers.
*WARNING* Fat Shark has discontinued support for the Turnigy 9XR radio, particularly the Futaba port modification. There has been a cascading number of reports of users incorrectly modding the radio and frying the head tracker. Do not attempt this modification, a fried head tracker will not be covered by warranty.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Head Tracker Radio Support. List of supported radio and instructions||brondol||Radios||0||Jun 16, 2014 02:09 AM|
|Discussion||Trinity Head Tracker and JR 9503 Radio||Eddie James||FPV Equipment||2||Mar 31, 2014 04:44 PM|
|Discussion||why The new firmware Aurora 9 not support head tracker ?||oren_ben_nun||Hitec/Multiplex USA||1||Oct 19, 2012 08:50 AM|
|Sold||Re-List: TrackR2: Dual Axis Gyro Head-Tracker||mrmike351||FPV Equipment (FS/W)||3||Dec 19, 2011 06:33 PM|
|Help!||Can Hitec support a head tracker||G-unit||FPV Talk||2||May 06, 2008 08:23 AM|