HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:23 PM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Discussion
GPV-1: fixing RX and body

Hi all,

I've managed to fix the top lexan body using only two small triangles of velcro: you can see them on the rear frame (where it joins the main frame).
I've not seen it done this way in this forum (nor in others), hence I'm wondering is its a good way to do it or not ... to my inexperienced eyes it looks so OK that I don't get why Venom uses the plastic mounts at all ... it's so much easier to take th ebody on and off with the velcro than playing with the clips ...

My reasoning was that the body mounts (rear, tank and front) are known to be fragile: with my solution the rear one is not used at all and the tank one just barely, the lexan will pop off immediately in case of crash, not breaking the pin (hopefully). Maybe I can even do the same with the front mount ...

Another advantage (but that specific to me): my receiver is a futaba 603fs and has a funky shape: it has a kind of outgrowth (visible on 1st pic). As I have to put it on the rear frame, the outgrowth was hitting the body, hence the RX was being pushed down towards the rear mudguard. With the top body fixed with velcro I can have its back pointing a bit higher (not even engaging on the rear body mount), so that I have more clearance for the RX.

I've fixed the RX sandwiching it between the rear frame (I've padded it with, guess what, velcro, just slid between the carbon and the RX, not even glued) and it is hold in place by two rubber bands (and the friction of the velcro). Any major objection ?

Final note: is it better if I put the antenna in the antenna tube (maybe not the whole lengths, just 6-10cm) or can I "hide" the antenna along the bike frame and avoid the antenna tube ?

MaX.
HornetMaX is offline Find More Posts by HornetMaX
to remove ads between posts