HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:35 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Time to upgrade to an 808 #16 V2-B or 808 #16 V2-D (Wideangle) for 720p HD and the ability to remove the (wrong) date.
See Tom Frank's threads on here for that or its almost-twin: the 808 #18
I actually would like to get the #16 direct and sell them. This the Bangood 808. They're elusive though as none of the Chinese vendors state what they have.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:37 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,385 Posts
LOSI connecter thumbnail separation assist 101

Gents,
I've found the with the little bit of thumb nail that I have that you can use one of them to one to easily pry the two tiny LOSI connector pieces apart. It is much easier to separate the two LOSI connecter halves this way. When the LOSI connectors are mated, there is always a small gap on one side and a raised edge of one connecter on the other side. Using a thumb nail against the edge or wedged against the gap and holding back one side of the connecter while pinching and pulling the other side works like a champ. I came up with this because the connecters were so hard to pull apart I was probably going to eventually yank out the wires. Old and new dogs can learn this thumbnail trick

EDIT: See MassiveOverkill's video and photos on this technique: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=20

I would probably be the first one to put them together wrong and ruin the flight controller if I cut the connecter tabs off
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Another benefit of cutting off the bumps or side tabs is you can use the same charger that you use for the v929, just make sure to match red wire with red wire (black with black) when plugging in.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 05, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Gents,
I've found the with the little bit of thumb nail that I have that you can use one of them to one to easily pry the two tiny LOSI connector pieces apart. It is much easier to separate the two LOSI connecter halves this way. When the LOSI connectors are mated, there is always a small gap on one side and a raised edge of one connecter on the other side. Using a thumb nail against the edge or wedged against the gap and holding back one side of the connecter while pinching and pulling the other side works like a champ. I came up with this because the connecters were so hard to pull apart I was probably going to eventually yank out the wires. Old and new dogs can learn this thumbnail trick

I would probably be the first one to put them together wrong and ruin the flight controller if I cut the connecter tabs off
Cheers,
Jim
Got any pics of said technique?. I wish someone would start a general trouble shooting and tips thread in this mini forum. I'm losing count where all the helpful posts and ideas are.

Some things I'm talking about:

The battery connector problem and solutions
Comparison of props
Charging and batteries
Motor savers
Motors in general and which ones are interchangeable
Keychain cameras
Compatible transmitters
Balancing props
Links to some favorite stores

My bookmarks are a mess and I keep forgetting where all this is exactly. I know there's a big long sticky in the main multi forum but we need one for this forum for the rtf's. I'd do it, but like I said, my bookmarks are a mess.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Psssssssssssttt!!!! Over here................:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=20

RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:22 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,327 Posts
Just got the MP. My son can't stop jumping up and down from joy.
We are excited to hopefully give it a go later on today.

I am missing a battery tough... the MP was suppose to come with two, and I bought two extra. I had one in the MP, and two in the Tx compartment so one is missing...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Just got the MP. My son can't stop jumping up and down from joy.
We are excited to hopefully give it a go later on today.

I am missing a battery tough... the MP was suppose to come with two, and I bought two extra. I had one in the MP, and two in the Tx compartment so one is missing...
Hey Arnav, we'll get ya one in the mail tommorrow. Sorry for the counting error
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:55 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,385 Posts
MO,
Excellent job on the connector instructions video and photos! I added your post's link to the "new" Mini and Micro Multicopters section in the

V,
Those links and more are in that section of the Mega Index for reference. The Keyfob links are in the On Screen displays and FPV and AVP section. Maybe we also can encourage Tc3wins to update his Multicopter ARTF and RTF thread with Min and Micro store links: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416263

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Got any pics of said technique?. I wish someone would start a general trouble shooting and tips thread in this mini forum. I'm losing count where all the helpful posts and ideas are.

Some things I'm talking about:

The battery connector problem and solutions
Comparison of props
Charging and batteries
Motor savers
Motors in general and which ones are interchangeable
Keychain cameras
Compatible transmitters
Balancing props
Links to some favorite stores

My bookmarks are a mess and I keep forgetting where all this is exactly. I know there's a big long sticky in the main multi forum but we need one for this forum for the rtf's. I'd do it, but like I said, my bookmarks are a mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Psssssssssssttt!!!! Over here................:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=20

jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:01 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey Arnav, we'll get ya one in the mail tommorrow. Sorry for the counting error
No worries. its all good.

I am in trouble tough. My son now expects each package that come to the house to have a sweet treat in it...

Keep up the good work guys.

Will provide a flight report later. I am new to this all quad thingy. HD cameras are standing buy to capture the crashes in their full glory...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,327 Posts
Could it be that the light on the charger would not go off after an hour or so? I am pretty sure it has been longer than that. sorry I didn't keep an exact track.

EDIT: I am trying with another battery. After how long if the light doesn't go off should I disconnect it?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by arnav; Dec 03, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
Just ordered a MP and 4 nano batteries. Can't wait to try out the MP. Great job on the site. Everything worked perfect and fast.

Kenny
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:23 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Could it be that the light on the charger would not go off after an hour or so? I am pretty sure it has been longer than that. sorry I didn't keep an exact track.

EDIT: I am trying with another battery. After how long if the light doesn't go off should I disconnect it?
I'm not using the stock charger, but I'd say if it's been plugged in for over an hour, it should be fully charged. I wouldn't trust the stock charger light as a reliable indicator.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
I don't mean to push any particular part on anybody, but I bought some of these chargers. The charge rate is selectable, to some extent, and they work really well. I'm planning to use one of the charger cables that came with my Ladybugs and wire it up. It comes with an eflite battery cable, which I use on my fpv batteries, and I found a source for the Walkera battery cables, and I soldered one of each to the charger so that I can charge either. I actually bought 5 and I plan to wire them all together so I can charge 5 batteries at a time.
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Quote:

It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to charge the battery. While the Mini Pet\TX are tested as a set, I'll throw the USB charges on my powered USB 3.0 hub and charge the batteries with them that will be used for the flight tests. Once the chargers have been verified that they charge, I'll throw them in the TESTED pile.
Not all batteries are flight-tested, but at least one is, but we do check the voltage of each one, which should be ~3.93, which is how the come shipped to us. I've actually had a few batteries where the polarity was reversed, checking the voltage has saved some potential disasters.

Make sure your USB port is putting out enough voltage. If you have another computer or AC\USB charging recepticle, swap the charger to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiman007 View Post
Just ordered a MP and 4 nano batteries. Can't wait to try out the MP. Great job on the site. Everything worked perfect and fast.

Kenny
Thanks Midiman. You'll be getting a $1.65 credit on the accessory shipping as they'll ship with the main order.

Things are starting to come together
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
MO,
Excellent job on the connector instructions video and photos! I added your post's link to the "new" Mini and Micro Multicopters section in the

V,
Those links and more are in that section of the Mega Index for reference. The Keyfob links are in the On Screen displays and FPV and AVP section. Maybe we also can encourage Tc3wins to update his Multicopter ARTF and RTF thread with Min and Micro store links: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416263

Cheers,
Jim
Thanks Jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,327 Posts
I'll try a different USB Port. I used a front port which doesn't give as much amp as the back ones and its not a USB 3.0 one either. I am trying now one of the back USB 3.0 ports.

- Any reason why not to use a Thunder AC6 like charger? I can set it to 1S 300mah... I am assuming you cannot charge the stock batteries at more than 1C....

- Do they sell such charge cables? If not, anyone got a link to where I can get such female adapter? Not sure what they are called. I am assuming they sell those as oppose to have to botcher a USB charge cable (but that is ok too) and then I'll solder my own.

I didn't realize the nanos were for the MP or else I would have gotten those. I originally put them in my cart, read their description again and looked at the pic of the adapter, and somehow concluded they are not for the MP.
James/Massive, I think you may want to state in the nanos description explicitly that they are for the MP as well. Embarrassing, but somehow I didn't get that, so others may get confused as well.
RCG Plus Member