HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2014, 11:49 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Doug,

That's pretty much what I did several times. I have a solid green but it seems that I may have got the receiver in dual mode because when I put the aileron channel on ch9 the servo moves.
I guess I have to try to get it back to single mode.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2014, 11:54 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,228 Posts
Got it! here you go:
18MZ Changing the mode in the R7008SB receiver (0 min 58 sec)

-Doug
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Jul 07, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Doug,

That worked, thanks. the only thing that's puzzling me now is if I have the receiver in mode 1 do I really need to have it in mode 2 to use voltage and temperature sensors or is this only if I'm using SBus servos.

Thanks,

A.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 01:24 PM
Joined Nov 2013
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmHolt View Post
Jjjkkklll

In the Function Menu assign Gear to the channel into which you have plugged the retracts. (You can stick with AUX4 if you prefer but why not use Gear as it is available?) Assign switch SF as the control.

Go to the Prog Mix Menu. Select a new mix. On screen 2/2 change INH to ACT (it will turn to ON). Assign LS as the switch. The highlighter will move to ON/OFF. Tap RTN to take you to the ON/OFF setting screen. Change NORM to REV to make the mix turn ON when LS is in the UP position. (Mix ON disables SF)

Return to screen 2/2. Set both Master and Slave to Gear (or AUX4 if that is what you are using to control the retracts).

Go to screen 1/2 of the Prog Mix and set both values at the top of the screen to -100. This negates the effect of moving SF.

Set the Y Offset at the bottom of screen 1/2 to +100. This forces the retract servo to one end of its travel holding the gear down. If it retracts the gear then change the Y Offset to -100.
You sir, are a wonderful human being. Thank you!!!!
Jjjkkklll is offline Find More Posts by Jjjkkklll
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:10 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
Doug,

That worked, thanks. the only thing that's puzzling me now is if I have the receiver in mode 1 do I really need to have it in mode 2 to use voltage and temperature sensors or is this only if I'm using SBus servos.

Thanks,

A.
Andy,

The receiver modes in the manual are referred to as Mode A through D. In Mode A you have the first 8 channels on output connectors 1 through 8 while in Mode B output 8 is transmitting SBUS. The SBUS2 port (also used for telemetry sensors) is always assigned to this function regardless of the receiver Mode.

I've attached the R7008SB manual for reference. It is still in Futabese but very close to normal English.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2014, 04:19 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Ivan,

Many thanks, I think I've got it now and everything works as it should except I don't seem to be able to create a log file on the SD card.
What I've done so far is formatted the card in the TX, turned on logging and activated it on switch G. When I toggle this switch I see the string of moving chevrons followed by an arrow icon pointing into the card symbol. When I use the file converter utility on the PC there aren't any files showing. I've tried 2 different SD cards with the same result, What am I missing?

Andy.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 06:14 AM
Beware Of The Shills !!!
Chichester Sussex
Joined Aug 2007
2,430 Posts
Can I use the charger that came with my TX or plug the battery from the TX into an R7008SB RX to power if for setting up the mode and also to calibrate my ESC's ??? If not any ideas how else I can get a 5v supply that I can use??

Also on one of my Quad I was using S-Bus with Naza 2 and wanted to set up tilt for my camera via the RX using a different gimbal than a Zenmuse.
The Naza uses the X1 port which operates on channel 5, I thought I'd set the RX to Mode D and tried assigning the slider I wanted to use to control the gimbal to channel 9 and plugged the gimbal servo into input 1 on the RX but nothing happened.
I moved the lead from input 1 to input 5 and the gimbal suddenly worked, does that sound like I set it up in Mode B instead on Mode D and it was transmitting the same output via the S-bus as it was the connector port ?????
Witterings is online now Find More Posts by Witterings
Old Jul 08, 2014, 12:38 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
Andy, Futaba has a lot of "File Converters" but only one of them works. Keep trying different ones until you find one that works and then delete the others.

Wintermint, There's 5V all over your quad but you can use anything from 3.5V-8.4V. Don't use the charger, it is unregulated and unknown voltage.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:14 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Vespa,

I only found one file conversion utility here...
http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html
but I think the problem is that the file isn't being created in the first place because no files show up on the card.

Andy.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:47 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
No, most of the stuff on that page is file conversion utilities and none of them work except for one. Try the one called "File System Utility" and if that doesn't work keep trying them all until you find the right one.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 05:18 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Vespa,

Many thanks I found the one that works much lower down the list.

Andy.
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
so can i use my 14sg to programe my decoder sbd-1 but can i use just a why harness or do i need a futaba hub for batery
?
chandley is offline Find More Posts by chandley
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2010
32 Posts
really can someone show how to use the sbd-1 decoder on the 14sg i just nee one servo extra on my r7008 for the choke have a new top flite spitfire but have to use servo for choke
all digital servos but anolog servo for choke
chandley is offline Find More Posts by chandley
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,164 Posts
Updated with correct info. SOrry for being behind the times

The pdf file that came with the latest 14SG update explains how to program the SBD-1 using the 14SG TX

http://downloads.hobbico.com/softwar...er_4_0_ENG.zip
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Last edited by Silent-AV8R; Today at 12:34 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
The SBD can be programmed with the 14SG, you do not need the CIU-2. You do need current firmware however as the earlier versions were flawed and somehow could not program the SBD-1.

You also need a battery and Y-cable, why, I don't know. The tray versions of this radio work properly and can program whatever you connect but for some reason the 14SG won't supply power to the rear connector.

Digital or analog is fine, the only restriction is that you can't use high speed mode with analog. Futaba has some nice s.bus servos, you might consider upgrading your elevator or something instead of buying the expensive decoder.