HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:11 PM
Rapidly aging user
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined May 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Mike, I just got a mini from Chris at http://www.armattanquads.com........... I would SERIOUSLY consider one of these as a industrial strength alternative to a hoten-x its ROCK solid, .... Bo
]
+1 Bo........I liked my Hoten till I managed to score an Armattan prototype for cheap. If you do manage to break something the parts can be cheaper than a Hoten or WL......Chris's support, quick shipping, ship cost, etc. are well known.
The power & handling of my V-tail w/ devo 7e/deviation/dsm2 have avoided many crashes that would have put other things in the dirt....
Good advice...........
Ralph
raw89 is online now Find More Posts by raw89
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:54 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw89 View Post
+1 Bo........I liked my Hoten till I managed to score an Armattan prototype for cheap. If you do manage to break something the parts can be cheaper than a Hoten or WL......Chris's support, quick shipping, ship cost, etc. are well known.
The power & handling of my V-tail w/ devo 7e/deviation/dsm2 have avoided many crashes that would have put other things in the dirt....
Good advice...........
Ralph
Raw89, the Armattan is a fantastic size and with power to rip.. hoten-x on steroids.

Yeah Chris is aweome, its really great to fly something that in fact is backed by somebody. that said, I have lawn-darted mine a couple of times with no ill effects, (other than to the lawn)
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:23 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,347 Posts
I got my Hoten-X bl from Wow hobbies when it first came out. They had it on add/ plus extra free battery. Since then quads have exploded all over the place. I'm not into cameras etc. I fly mostly smaller c/p's up to 250 size. Its still fun to fly
Hoten-X bl/ Scorpion Y-6/ Ladybirds V1. I'm sur better stuff out there but happy with what I have. I am not in peeing contest with anybody nor give a hoot what others have and say. My Walkera multi rotors/ plus good fleet of c/p helis have provren their worth to me big time. Total is over a dozen birds and some two years old. All fly and believe me i fly alot. Yes some repairs to a couple but overall they did better than Blade. Clone failures I gave up on them. V262 is big stupid toy.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:37 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,347 Posts
I have been flying just over two years now. . Little over a year started with c/p heli micros. Its been fun and flown alot. Kinda let my quads have it easy. Flying Hoten-X/ Ladybirds etc forgot how much fun they are. Now going to include them more into flying routine.
More and more of my smaller helis are now bl. the Hoten-X bl adds to the fun.
I fly Quads/ helis that need a flyer to control them. Not push botton flying with safe/ come home feature.etc. Not for me.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04