Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:12 AM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
Discussion
1:5 scale Big Monster Truck 2 stroke 4wd {hobbyking vers}

Hey....just wondering if anyone has bought this truck ??? yeh i bought one recently..............looked pretty cool,when i got it except for chrome coming of the rimms,paint fix that and fuel line cable tied that bad, no fuel would grt through, just replaced it ahh.... just had to chuck in my spare 2.4 radio........get some fuel oh yeh fuel they rec 30:1 ah i done 25:1......got new battery pack, the one that come with it couldn't power anything......SO anyways started it up, all cool,running good so far.....took it for a spin out front, seemed ok untill, i pulled in driveway.....ah wheels fell straight off .....so replaced those nuts with nylock nuts, tightened it up another run had fun till it stopped moving ......just those wheel hex hub screws keep loosening ah bit lock thread fix that.......Anyways had good run til some more things came loose but fixed most of that......Nexted run was good till a slow speed roll over broke my shell, god its thin plastic no wonder why it broke...fixed it up with some epoxy,stronger now....few days later went out with a run with my mates down at malaga....my mates like how it went, we were having a great time thrushing around going sick....before that run,,i just done a couple little things like verlosity stack, better air filter and outerwear filters and a good iridium spark plug.runs a bit better now......so yeh, used up full tank came in filled it up, and then it started to play up....that was my day done.....didn't find till later that the kill switch wire had come of,then i noticed one of the steering servo's not working.....so later on, bought new descent servo, so i took the 2 servo's out and ran it on one, which works better then before np..........Wouldn't believe it the throttle servo was acting funny, so had to put another new servo metal geared one in ,alrighty everything seems to be working for now, double checked ......ok ready to take this big monster out agian................
ferral is offline Find More Posts by ferral
Last edited by ferral; Nov 15, 2011 at 06:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:38 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
so in connection to its more expencive brother the 5b after replacing basicly all the electronics and wheel nuts and ect... was it still a bargan ???? ( im not bashing i realy want to know .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak