Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:47 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Or get a real TX and get the Taranis and do way with the limitations of the Spektrum. Voice, Telemetry, 16/32 channels, 32 Mixes, 2 pots, 2 sliders, 6 3 way switches and a battery! All for $175
I did seriously look at that. My problem at the time is that was very hard to find them in stock anywhere and almost equally hard to find the receivers for it too. Has this gotten any better?

Also I already have 14 planes (including 4 micros where you can't replace the rx) all with spectrum receivers and I really didn't want to have to replace all my receivers or have to get a Spektrum module and deal with having to switch back and forth (I'm whiney like that... )

Since Spektrum worked well for me and honestly I have no interest in anything greater than 6 channel so for me this was the easiest upgrade path. I've been in the hobby for 13 years now. I thought one day maybe I'd go to more advanced or bigger planes but found I was most happy with the 30" to 48" sized planes mostly 3 and 4 channel setups. Maybe one day I'll get something with retractable landing gear or actually use flaps on something...
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:52 AM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
I did seriously look at that. My problem at the time is that was very hard to find them in stock anywhere and almost equally hard to find the receivers for it too. Has this gotten any better?

Also I already have 14 planes (including 4 micros where you can't replace the rx) all with spectrum receivers and I really didn't want to have to replace all my receivers or have to get a Spektrum module and deal with having to switch back and forth (I'm whiney like that... )

Since Spektrum worked well for me and honestly I have no interest in anything greater than 6 channel so for me this was the easiest upgrade path.
I'm with you, I can get spektrum rx anywhere. And my micros don't like anything else other than spectrum...
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:33 AM
Buy Alot Fly Alittle
Joined Jun 2013
6 Posts
subscribing
AffiliateFleet is offline Find More Posts by AffiliateFleet
Old Jun 27, 2014, 06:47 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,244 Posts
They are much easier to get now. I have migrated 20 + planes now. During the transition you can leave a Spektrum TX module in the back of the Taranis it will turn on or off depending on the model plan selected.

I found selling all my over priced Spektrum TX & Rx paid for the brand new system with added functionality. Once you fly with Telemetry its hard to go back specially in such a fast plane like the FunJet. It can read out your battery and or engine temperatures, height, speed, battery voltage, If it crashes or lands else where it will save last GPS coordinates. I find anything above basic the Spektrum has too many limitations. Anyway just a thought.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Jul 04, 2014, 09:16 AM
Sweden, Uppsala County, Uppsala
Joined Oct 2012
58 Posts
So, after many days of bad weather or other activities, I took the planes for a couple of flights today.

I forgot to measure how far I stretch the bungee for the heavy 6s funjet, but with the lighter 4s funjet I stretch it about 16 normal size steps.. Add another 5-6 steps for the heavier setups and you should be good Wind is a factor as usual, so if there is no wind I would take another step or two to be on the safe side

Name: bungee1.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 209.4 KB
Description: Name: bungee2.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 126.4 KB
Description: Name: bungee3.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 141.7 KB
Description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Great

Will get to it soon, how strong do you pull the rubber, or maybee better ask, how far back to you stretch it?
Dont want to overstrectch things, Im a bit stronger then most, sooo, well,,,,,,

Thanks man..
Oleander85 is offline Find More Posts by Oleander85
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:10 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,747 Posts
thanks,, very nice area of grass, short and nice, wish we had that in our spot
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe