New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2002, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by Randall Miller
Houston, TX.
Joined Jan 2001
207 Posts
Focke-Wulf 200 Can Any German friends help?

I am looking for plans to build a FOLKE-WULF 200 CONDOR.
I know of plans from Germany for a 3000mm (118") model of this plane. The plane was a WWll era Lufthansa civilian airliner initially developed by Folk-Wulfe's Kurt Tank. It was soon converted to a reconnaissance and bomber plane used to help spot and destroy ships.

As uncommon as this subject is for a model, I doubt I will find plans for this plane anywhere else other then its country of original origin.(-Germany) I prefer large plans, but can always enlarge any size plans fairly easy.

The only plans known available to me are:

Verlag fur Technik und Handwerk
Robert-Bosch-Str.4-D-76532
Baden-Baden, Germany
Phone 07221-5087-0
FAX 077221-5087-52
Price (1996) DM9,80

This information is a few years old, and it makes no sense for me to call Germany long distance if I can't speak German. It would be much easier if I could find a distributor who maintains a Web site and provides currency rate conversions, for me to buy plans. ( OR,
if someone residing in Germany who speaks both languages could check this information for me locally, and fill me in on it.)

If any of our friends in Germany (or in the USA or anywhere else) can provide any information about the availability of these plans OR ANY OTHER PLANS OF THE FOCKE WULF 200 CONDOR I'd appreciate it. -Randall
Randall Miller is offline Find More Posts by Randall Miller
Last edited by Randall Miller; Nov 03, 2002 at 11:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2002, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by Rudi
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,359 Posts
Hello Randall,

I am not from germany but from austria hope it doesn't matter .
I know they have this plan in the past but if the sell it still now ? Here is the link to the homepage with the planservice. Good luck.

Rudi

http://www.neckar-verlag.de/katalog/flug1.htm

P.S. I am sure if you write them a e-mail in english they can read it and the can anwser you !
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Last edited by Rudi; Oct 25, 2002 at 12:49 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 10:05 PM
Houston, TX.
Joined Jan 2001
207 Posts
Rudi,
After reviewing that site in German, or Austrian, or Hungarian, or Baltic, or whatever language that was,(and still not seeing the FW200 listed), I'm starting to wonder if it would be much easier to build a Revelle 1/72 scale plastic model of this plane, tie a string to it, and swing it around over my head in circles a couple of times.
I think I might get it out of my system that way, while saving myself a lot of language, currency, and oversees shipping headaches.

Thanks anyway. -Randall
PS And with the STRING method, I don't have to worry about an engine out.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 04:42 AM
Find More Posts by Pippin
Joined Sep 2002
1,113 Posts
Hi Randall!

Check this page: www.vth.de
email: service@vth.de

Best.:-Nr. (order number): 320.0980 Price: 28 EUR
I think this is the drawing you are looking for. (118")
Write in English, they should understand it! If not, tell me!

By the way, the german "Luftwaffe" sunk more german ships during WW 2, than the RAF did! Yes, "Kriegsmarine" (stupid word, before Hitler, during the Weimarer Republic the name was "Reichsmarine" and before that "Kaiserliche Marine") and "Luftwaffe "didn`t like each other. Göring took over Navy´s Air Arm in the thirties. So most of the pilots in the war had no notion of what a ship looked like and in fact the sailors shot at every single aircraft.
Do you want to build the Maritim Patrol Aircraft or a civil plane? Three airlines operated the Condor, "Lufthansa", "Det Danske Luftfartselskab" and "Condor-Syndikat" in South America. The Danish Condor were the most colourful flyers. They were called Dania and Jutlandia.

Cheers from the little baltic state, Prussia :-)

Michael
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Oct 26, 2002, 11:54 PM
Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle
Keremeos, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
632 Posts
I'm a fan

I have liked the FW200 as a model for a long time now: I had the documentation for the 200 for c/l 20+ years ago, built a Halibag instead. Wanted to build a plastic kit, couldn't find one at the time. Working on a Halibag f/f electric at the moment, next is the 200 once the Hali is toast. Now looking at the 200 as a sloper in foam, this time guys, this time....
Terry Lyttle is offline Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle
Old Oct 27, 2002, 03:10 AM
Find More Posts by thulizulu
Bzulu
Berlin
Joined May 2002
214 Posts
@pippin
Kármán met internal resistance to a few of his choices for the group—for example, Sir William Hawthorne, an Englishman. Col Frederick E. "Fritz” Glantzberg, Kármán's military assistant, voiced his objection to having any "foreigners” in the group. Kármán reminded the colonel that Arnold wanted the best people, regardless of their origins. Glantzberg relented, conceding that "the British were, after all, our Allies.” Kármán also insisted upon adding a naval officer, William Bollay (a former Caltech student). When the colonel insisted that the professor had gone too far, Kármán responded with the simple question, "But Colonel, the Navy are surely our Allies too?” After considering this for a moment, Glantzberg finally agreed that they were: "Not as close as the British, but a damn sight closer than the Russians.
thulizulu is offline Find More Posts by thulizulu
Old Oct 27, 2002, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by KOMET 44
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,952 Posts
Randell,here are to spots to look at ,www.schifferbooks.com .they have a nice soft bound book,$9.95 and heres a site with a three veiw,//avia.russian.ee/air/germany/fw-200 good luck KOMET44
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Oct 27, 2002, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by Dorme
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
You might want to get a Multiplex Cargo and convert it......
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme
Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by nimwegen
Loveland, OH
Joined Aug 2000
264 Posts
CHeck this link:

http://www.vth.de/shop/shopfiles/pro...H&PS=1&PID=618

Plan for a condor (it's a biggie, 10 feet wing span).

Marcel.
nimwegen is offline Find More Posts by nimwegen
Old Oct 28, 2002, 07:31 PM
Houston, TX.
Joined Jan 2001
207 Posts
German Mail Order House:

Michael/pippin,

Ya, Ya, that's the one! I have yet to E mail and contact them to see if they can communicate with me in English. I have never ordered overseas before, and don't know how to do the currency conversions, etc.

These plans and the model illustrated on that website are for the civilian model. I think the Lufthansan civilian model is absolutely gorgeous in its original paint scheme. But the military version with its long belly pod and machine gun turrets would be an interesting bird to model as well. However, I do prefer the more shapely wing that was introduced after the original FW200 V1. The original V1 has a uniform, and straight wing.

It seems to me that modifications either way on the plans for whatever version I might want, should not be real difficult.
THANKS YOU for finding this site for me. I went through 107 pages on Google Search and couldn't find it.

MARCEL, Thats the same site Michael found for me. Except you brought the page up to me. I had no problem finding the page when Michael brought just the site only to my attention. - After about 10 minutes of poking in and out of this German language site but still not finding the model, I simply ordered my my kid to sit down and find it for me, while I went downstairs to watch the football game.

KOMET how are ya? About that Schiffer Publishing Book you suggested, "FW 200-Condor"; What do you think got me hooked on this almost unknown plane? Best $5 at a swap meet I ever spent!

By the way, does anybody know off the top of their head what 28,00 EUR is equivalent to in dollars?
Old Oct 29, 2002, 02:35 AM
Bzulu
Berlin
Joined May 2002
214 Posts
Hello Randall,
conversation numbers are:
1$=1,02€ with little variations.
Old Nov 02, 2002, 01:22 PM
Houston, TX.
Joined Jan 2001
207 Posts
Gentlemen,

I tried E mailing them twice to try to find out how to order the FW200 plans. In fact, the second e mail I tried to make easy for them by offering a multiple choice reply as acceptable to me: I asked they simply E mail me with a "Yes, "No", or "Merry Christmas" -ANYTHING!! But still no reply.

Hmmm..... I've heard there's an influx of minorities there in Germany in recent years. Maybe we shouldn't try German or English. Perhaps I should try Turk?

MICHAEL/PIPPIN, I sent you an E Zone "private e mail".
I forgot to include my e mail address in the note to you: Randallmontube@aol.com Please be sure to include a topic on any e mail corresondence, as I otherwise delete mail from unknown sources for concerns of virus. Feel free to contact me by E Zone private E mail, or the address above.

Mr. Zulu, thanks for the currency conversion info.
Last edited by Randall Miller; Nov 02, 2002 at 01:26 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2002, 03:27 PM
Bzulu
Berlin
Joined May 2002
214 Posts
Hello Randall,

nice one try Bavarian if nothing helps. Say they are at the end of their tether answering those e-mails. I sent them a mail a while back - no reply at all either.

Good luck!
Marc
Old Nov 04, 2002, 12:05 AM
Houston, TX.
Joined Jan 2001
207 Posts
Hello Marc,

I went back to the "Verlag fur technik und Handwerk" site. I clicked on "Kontakt" and found the correct address. It is:

Verlag fur Technic und Hanwerk
GmbH-Robert -Bosch-Str.4-D76532

You can click onto the website address posted above by our friend nimwegen/marcel. That page posted will directly bring you to the FW200 plans, with the order number.

The previous address I printed above was typograhically wrong.

I've already contacted Michael/pippin about this to take up his offer that he might be able to help. But IF YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE THERE IN GERMANY WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT THESE TURKEYS FOR ME, buy the plans, and then turn around to sell the plans and ship them to me, I'd much appreciate it.
I don't know why these people don't answer their e mails. It wouldn't take much for them to e mail back with a simple "no overseas sales".

Gosh you'd think I was trying to buy something from Iraq, or the French. Ok, I'm just kidding. Just kidding. (... Kidding about Iraq but not about the French!)

Thanks Guys. If you need me in the meantime, I'll be in my back yard swinging that 1/72 Revelle plastic model Condor with the string tied to it around and round. But hurry up with the help, because I'm starting to get dizzy, and I got the string tangled around my dogs neck once already!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by sudarshanpujari
azadhindfauz
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Sir Do you have Fw 200 plans
sudarshanpujari is offline Find More Posts by sudarshanpujari