New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 03:15 AM
Find More Posts by 1toslope
California
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHinds View Post
The point that is obvious to the rest of us is that this is the "DJI Flame Wheel F450 and F550" forum. Probably more than 99% of us own/build/fly DJI products, or want to, including various incarnations of the NAZA.

If you walk in here and start bashing what we have purchased and use regularly, regardless of the love/hate thing we have going with our NAZAs, don't expect a warm welcome (although kudos to all those gracious enough to welcome you anyway).

Comments like "total noob" or "Why, oh why, did you buy a Naza" in light of "I have no experience with a Naza" can NEVER be taken has helpful. You have promised several times to stop bashing NAZAs. Time to fulfill that. PLEASE.
+1 more!
1toslope is offline Find More Posts by 1toslope
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:25 AM
Find More Posts by rickasaurus
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2013
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
Hey Rick,,,
Sounds like you need to increase the gains... I do not have a number for you... But you could use the X1 or X2 and use a knob on your TX then you could increase the gains till you get oscillating craft then back it off... start with Pitch and roll then yaw should be around the same numbers
Definitely increase the Vertical gain for the descending when moving around!
I increased the gains until oscillation, then backed off a bit. But the problem still remains: vibration and drifting all over the place, including altitude instability. It was flying perfectly when I first fitted the gimbal and cam, for several test flights. It only went haywire after I moved a few things around. So I am trying to isolate what I might have done to upset it. A couple of questions:

1) I added a standard servo extension cable to extend the S-Bus cable from X8R to Naza. Could this introduce interference and instability?

2) The battery connection cables are now very close to the X8R antenna. Could this be a problem?

Thanks for any advice.
rickasaurus is online now Find More Posts by rickasaurus
Old Today, 03:38 AM
Find More Posts by alcurtis93
United Kingdom, Dalton-in-Furness
Joined Mar 2015
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fball1208 View Post
So was thinking of adding a small 3s battery to my f450 to power both my leds and the camera gimbal. looking at something like a 180mah,. anyone do this? Currently i run 4s and dont want to change back to 3s right now
Just use a bec or dc-dc converter. No need for a separate battery.....

Tell me where you usually shop and I'll find you a link for one
alcurtis93 is online now Find More Posts by alcurtis93
Old Today, 03:42 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHinds View Post
The point that is obvious to the rest of us is that this is the "DJI Flame Wheel F450 and F550" forum. Probably more than 99% of us own/build/fly DJI products, or want to, including various incarnations of the NAZA.

If you walk in here and start bashing what we have purchased and use regularly, regardless of the love/hate thing we have going with our NAZAs, don't expect a warm welcome (although kudos to all those gracious enough to welcome you anyway).

Comments like "total noob" or "Why, oh why, did you buy a Naza" in light of "I have no experience with a Naza" can NEVER be taken has helpful. You have promised several times to stop bashing NAZAs. Time to fulfill that. PLEASE.
I said noob as a joke because of the way the post was phrased

I do have experience with naza

And I said why oh why about USING a naza in a 250 quadcopter because it's universally known to be daft.

End of discussion thanks. I help round here too so stop drudging this back up and saying it's such a chore to allow me to be here
Old Today, 03:45 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-2-stuff View Post
+1 it's time. And here's a tip for you all the small flight controllers are made for minis and micros and most state that in the description. I know most people here will agree they would NEVER fly 1-2 thousand dollars worth of equipment on a 25.00 flight controller. It is very unsafe to other people and equipment to do so.
Then that's sad. I would never spend 1-2000 dollars on any craft left alone a 250 quad...
I had the naze32 on my 450 quad for a long while and it was fantastic. They can handle any size quad
Old Today, 03:48 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1toslope View Post
The last few words in your post is where you are wrong! The junk you fly is not better than the A2 or the Naza!

You are also wrong about DJI prices. The Phantom 3 is the best value in a quad! Show me something that has all the features it has for less money. Oh and make sure you include the Lightbridge feature.
The junk I fly... Haha. You clearly have never seen my 'junk' fly.

APM Copter V3.2 Release - "DJI S900" with "3DR Pixhawk" board and "UBlox Neo M8" gps (8 min 39 sec)

Arducopter vs DJI Wookong-M (1 min 1 sec)
Old Today, 04:23 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1,046 Posts
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1435742378175.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 1.00 MB
Description:

My quad

APM 2.8 - 25
Diatone 450 frame - 0 (came with wrong screw's)
Fake sunnysky motors 0 (refunded due to being fake)
HK 10*5 props 2.50
M8N GPS + Compass module - 10
DYS SN30a esc's *4 running simonk with comp pwm and active braking - 30
D4r-ii frsky - 20

Total cost: 87.50 and flies beautifully. I'll try record some loiter (GPS hold) footage later as it's rock solid
Last edited by alcurtis93; Today at 04:28 AM.
Old Today, 04:36 AM
Find More Posts by kozzie
New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington City
Joined Dec 2014
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcurtis93 View Post
Attachment 8017229

My quad

APM 2.8 - 25
Diatone 450 frame - 0 (came with wrong screw's)
Fake sunnysky motors 0 (refunded due to being fake)
HK 10*5 props 2.50
M8N GPS + Compass module - 10
DYS SN30a esc's *4 running simonk with comp pwm and active braking - 30
D4r-ii frsky - 20

Total cost: 87.50 and flies beautifully. I'll try record some loiter (GPS hold) footage later as it's rock solid

Wow thats dirt cheap..I think if i built another 450 or a 550 quad now ..Id get cheaper parts too and be more confident in DIY...when I started 6 months ago ( hah I hear you laugh) I knew zilch... so I went with the whole DJI out of the box experience cause i thought it would be plug n play - but at the same time wanted some DIY experience rather than just buying a Phantom..
kozzie is offline Find More Posts by kozzie
Old Today, 06:48 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzie View Post
Wow thats dirt cheap..I think if i built another 450 or a 550 quad now ..Id get cheaper parts too and be more confident in DIY...when I started 6 months ago ( hah I hear you laugh) I knew zilch... so I went with the whole DJI out of the box experience cause i thought it would be plug n play - but at the same time wanted some DIY experience rather than just buying a Phantom..
Yeah I think that's a great idea for sure! I only started building quads maybe 4/5 months ago. I've up to now built a f550, 450 clone and 250 mini quad. Scrapped the 550 for parts as I didn't need a hex and moved them to the 450. Going from a hubsan x4 to a f550 was a daunting experience but I learnt so much going the DIY route, programming, ESC flashing, ESC tuning, pid controller tuning plus all the other build aspects.
Old Today, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
5,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
$450.00 for one craft... then $100 for each craft... or move a tx unit each craft before I fly!!
Yeah I think I will stay with a VTX
Hi Dale;
Some people, like yourself, may feel it's not worth the investment BUT if your flying expensive aircraft in areas where cell phone GPS in non-existent and want the assuredly of a rock-solid, independent locating device, then it's well worth the investment Dale... If your an Outdoors- Man, these electronics can be used in a lot of applications others then RC too. Cheers! Happy Birthday Canada!!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK