New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by revhappy
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Feb 2014
37 Posts
Careful!
Tmart customer service warning

Beware buying from Tmart in the future. I use to buy lots of RC related toys from them and it always worked out well. one time the post office lost the package and they re-sent it.

Last month I order a Wltoys L939 from the US warehouse and when it came, out of the box the remote was defective. No big deal I'll just contact them after filling out the after sale customer service form. After submitting 3 different times not one email reply. I've try live chat and most of the time it's not available, service busy error. And today i got someone and this is how the conversation went. After almost an hour chatting with myself I got disconnected.

I didn't want to do this but after almost a month of no reply I need to warn others about this.
revhappy is offline Find More Posts by revhappy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Beware buying from Tmart in the future. I use to buy lots of RC related toys from them and it always worked out well. one time the post office lost the package and they re-sent it.

Last month I order a Wltoys L939 from the US warehouse and when it came, out of the box the remote was defective. No big deal I'll just contact them after filling out the after sale customer service form. After submitting 3 different times not one email reply. I've try live chat and most of the time it's not available, service busy error. And today i got someone and this is how the conversation went. After almost an hour chatting with myself I got disconnected.

I didn't want to do this but after almost a month of no reply I need to warn others about this.
bummer. have you tried their live support?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 04, 2015, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by PaulHarvey
Joined Dec 2014
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post

Last month I order a Wltoys L939 from the US warehouse and when it came, out of the box the remote was defective. No big deal I'll just contact them after filling out the after sale customer service form. After submitting 3 different times not one email reply.

I've try live chat and most of the time it's not available, service busy error. And today i got someone and this is how the conversation went. After almost an hour chatting with myself I got disconnected.
I had a very similar problem with Tmart. I bought a JJRC H6C and its controller was defective right out of the box (it would not stay on after releasing the power button) .

I did get an email response from them and they asked to send a video of the probelm. So I put one on YouTube and sent them the link.
JJRC H6C defective controller (0 min 53 sec)

They responded they couldn't open it. So I sent the vid as an attachment and they responded that they sent ME a video on how to fix the problem. No such video came.

Then I tried their live chat. No one came on and after about an hour waiting, I was kicked off and told to come back and try again later.

I'm glad I paid with PayPal. I just filed a dispute with them. I've always had good luck with PayPal getting me my money back.
PaulHarvey is online now Find More Posts by PaulHarvey
Old Mar 20, 2015, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2014
605 Posts
Update on my last post:

After I filed the dispute, Tmart emailed me and said they'd send me a return label for a refund, but they wanted me to close the dispute before they sent it. I told them to send the RL first, then I'd close the dispute. We went back and forth on this for about a week, then they finally sent the RL. I then closed the dispute.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHarvey View Post
Update on my last post:

After I filed the dispute, Tmart emailed me and said they'd send me a return label for a refund, but they wanted me to close the dispute before they sent it. I told them to send the RL first, then I'd close the dispute. We went back and forth on this for about a week, then they finally sent the RL. I then closed the dispute.
it goes both ways...

if you close the dispute, then you are out of luck if they don't refund...

if they refund and you decide to screw them and don't close the dispute then they are out of luck.

this is why once you file, many vendors will just wait the waiting period and wait for PP to take the $$$- that way they aren't sol both ways.

anyhow, glad that worked out for you.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 26, 2015, 09:05 AM
Joined Dec 2014
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
it goes both ways...

if you close the dispute, then you are out of luck if they don't refund...

if they refund and you decide to screw them and don't close the dispute then they are out of luck.
They weren't going to (and didn't) refund my money after I closed the dispute. They insisted I close it before they even sent the return label. They would (and did) refund me after they received the package.

So yes, it did work out!

Thanks for the response.
Paul