New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Today, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by Joecool73
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Mar 2014
143 Posts
I appreciate the response, that's a good tip. I tried replacing my components throughout my quad with the same effect with this video transmitter the Lumenier tx5g8. when I install my old boscam TS832 the problem goes away. I called getfpv and they told me that the Lumenier does not have a lc filter built into it and the boscam does. That's the difference. So I'll make or buy a lc filter to fix this problem. A ferrite ring and capacitor is all that is needed i believe. It's getting dirty power from my single lipo that powers everything on my quad. when throttle is applied if when i see the lines in my headplay goggles. This makes sense since when I'm on the ground before take off the picture is crystal clear. the Lumenier is by far the best video transmitter I've used to date. it does run hot but it has that punch to get through trees and even my house without reception loss or degradation. I mean I can fly all the way around my house from inside my house and still have a strong signal and also around some trees in my backyard and not have a signal loss or real bad static. you can't ask for much more on a 5.8 video system. if any you guys are using a LC filter or power filter as some people call it, where did you get it from or how did you make it. I've heard that you want a 470 uf 25 volt capacitor since I run on 4s lipo. thanks for any advice.
Joecool73 is online now Find More Posts by Joecool73
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by Martin7182
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73 View Post
So I dont think its interference with another device but a problem with the battery amp current draw, maybe?
Highly likely your problem is caused by the motor current draw. When applying throttle you get spiky currents which have high frequency components that interfere with your video. A a low-pass filter will probably fix it.

Your old Boscam maybe has his own built in filtering.

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
Old Today, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by Joecool73
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Mar 2014
143 Posts
Yeah thats what Im also saying. Would a UBEC also work for this application to clean the dirty power?
Joecool73 is online now Find More Posts by Joecool73
Old Today, 07:54 PM
Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Joined Oct 2011
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73 View Post
Yeah thats what Im also saying. Would a UBEC also work for this application to clean the dirty power?
Unlikely. You'll want to run an 470uf - 25V cap across the leads and then wind them around a ferrite core 7 or 8 times. You can split off after the filter to feed 12V one way and through a UBEC the other way.

The good news is that they are easy to build and usually supply dramatic improvement to dirty 5.8GHz transmission.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you DIY then make sure to get your cap laid down neatly so it'll strap down without pinching. Not the end of the world if the cap lead snaps, but you'd lose your filter and could have a 12V live wire whipping around. Again, it's not hard, so don't let the risk put you off -- just be mindful.
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ