HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTASouthPark View Post
Thanks everyone, I will keep researching and try to contact the people at Transition Robotics to see what we can do.
I really highly recommend going via the mailing list. There is also an archive you can search through as similar issues have been raised and resolved recently: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/

You can join the mailing list here: https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/lis...aparazzi-devel

The Transition Robotics guys as well as other active developers are on that list and will help out.

Simon
wabu66 is offline Find More Posts by wabu66
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:05 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
hi there:
i used to use flight controls like mwc and apm... first time jump into paparazzi.. and I can use some help on it for starting

hardware:
twog( we are using this board w/o sensors.. cuz my team is going to use some other sensors)

I have successfully uploaded bootloader into twog...

then i started with
Code:
sudo ./paparazzi
to get into paparazzi center

then I tried to upload the firmware with "upload"
(i connected usb to usb port and supplied power)

but i ended up with such
Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/james/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
cd sw/airborne; make PAPARAZZI_SRC=/home/james/paparazzi PAPARAZZI_HOME=/home/james/paparazzi TARGET=ap upload
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/james/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
/home/james/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/lpc21iap/lpc21iap  /home/james/paparazzi/var/Twog_IMU/ap/ap.elf
lpc21iap v1.3
....................................................................................................
no USB device
make[1]: *** [upload] Error 1
make: *** [ap.upload] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/james/paparazzi'

can i get some help on this?

thx
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Last edited by jy0933; Oct 29, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hi everybody,
I have received my paparazzi board, Lisa/M v2.0 and the FLOSS JTAG.
But I have a big problems, i tried to use Lisa/M v2.0 on Windows with MicroVision in order to make some simple program, but it's like the board isn't recognized by MicroVision, I don't know how to do.
if someone has managed, can he tell me how he did it.

I really need your help, thank you.
Akad is offline Find More Posts by Akad
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
hi there:
i used to use flight controls like mwc and apm... first time jump into paparazzi.. and I can use some help on it for starting

hardware:
twog( we are using this board w/o sensors.. cuz my team is going to use some other sensors)

I have successfully uploaded bootloader into twog...

then i started with
Code:
sudo ./paparazzi
to get into paparazzi center

then I tried to upload the firmware with "upload"
(i connected usb to usb port and supplied power)

but i ended up with such
Code:
cd sw/airborne; make PAPARAZZI_SRC=/home/james/paparazzi PAPARAZZI_HOME=/home/james/paparazzi TARGET=ap upload
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/james/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
/home/james/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/lpc21iap/lpc21iap  /home/james/paparazzi/var/Twog_IMU/ap/ap.elf
lpc21iap v1.3
....................................................................................................
no USB device
make[1]: *** [upload] Error 1
make: *** [ap.upload] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/james/paparazzi'

can i get some help on this?

thx
Hello,
You probably need to grant USB access or you have not removed the brltty package which interferes with the USB programming in some older versions of Ubuntu.
Have you read this page completely: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Instal...nux#Udev_rules
bmw330i is offline Find More Posts by bmw330i
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:17 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgoedde View Post
It might be partly something else. I recently researched DOP (dilution of precision), which is reported in the nmea strings. DOP depends strongly on how far separated the satellites are. If the available sats are close together, then the GPS solution is weaker and DOP are higher (there are several types of DOP).

The neat thing is DOP for a location on Earth can be estimated in the future based on the almanac. Trimble has a COOL free app I found here: http://trl.trimble.com/dscgi/ds.py/G...ng%20(2-8).exe

And download current almanac here: ftp://ftp.trimble.com/pub/eph/almanac.alm which you then import into the free app.

The web page itself is here: http://www.trimble.com/planningsoftware_ts.asp

You can easily set up the program with your coordinates and give it a time frame, and see for the coming week expected DOP plots.
This is a really good post. I wanted to bring it up again. Paparazzi however is able to do very precise flights even with less than perfect GPS conditions. However, it's not trivial (GPS error), and more precision is better. Especially for multi-rotor.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
Hi everyone here on this blog ! I am interested in Paparazzi Autopilot for my Easystar.
But I am bit uncomfortable due to the way source code of Paparazi is compiled and no Windows based GCS so far. Anyway, I can make myself prepared to have Ubuntu OS installed on my machine.

I have a board which is primarily a different autopilot but a very sturdy design based on one of a similar processor as that of Paparazi, photo of ther board is attached for reference.

Some of the hardware features are as follows;
* STM32F405RG6 with FPU 168MHz (1024Kb Flash/32Kb RAM)
* 512KBit EEPROM
* MPU6050 Gyro/Accelerometer
* HMC5883L Magnetometer
* MS5611 Barometer
* Ultrasonic Rangefinder (not included)
* Optional external battery voltage and current monitor
* Analog and I2C ports for alternative sensors
* Board Size: 54mm X 51mm
* I2C sensor communications are at 400KHz (sensor limitations)

This board seems to be very much like http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Krooz
My question is, if it could be possible, that I could use this board as a hardware platform for the Paparazzi autopilot ?

Pls somebody help, thanks in advance.

VU2ATX
VU2AT is offline Find More Posts by VU2AT
Last edited by VU2AT; Jan 26, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:30 PM
Crash master...
Joined Apr 2003
271 Posts
No.
Lazy is offline Find More Posts by Lazy
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:20 AM
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
No.
Hi ! "NO" means no possibility or you won't be able to help ;-)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:28 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Hello,

Windows is not Open Source. Drivers for peripherals .dll and Graphics Drivers are proprietary and change in Windows. Paparazzi is completely open from software to hardware so it is and stays on Linux. It will be good for you to learn Linux (think of the future when Windows is no more).

Just having a "similar" processor does not mean it will compile and work on it. Paparazzi runs on LPC21xx and STM32. I'm not even sure Krooz autopilot runs Paparazzi. The Wiki is free and open so anyone can list their invention on it. This does not mean it works, or works fully.

I have said it before. I will say it more in the future. I am saying it now. This is not in any way an official Paparazzi list. This is just my blog about my experience with Paparazzi. The official site for all things Paparazzi is here: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki

You will find there is a page with details how to subscribe to the email list. Join it. Questions like this are gladly answered. This is a big difference between Paparazzi and other DIY sites. Post this same question on the DIY site and they will tell you that you must use their hardware or you will not be supported. Post this question on the Paparazzi developers list and they will support you. Maybe it won't run but if it does they will support you just the same.

This is why I say (and it is true) that Paparazzi is the only truly open project. Build your own PCBs, put your own parts on it and run Paparazzi. You are supported by the community. The community makes no money or profit from you so they are not personally interested in your money. DIY makes developers investors where they are very interested in you because you pay their checks. This is why Paparazzi really is truly just interested in helping and giving. Isn't that what Open source is about?

Someone posted a question similar to this. The response was positive from the group. Maybe you would be interested in that platform? You can search the developer list and see that question (and all others) here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/

See you on the list. Please go view the Wiki.

Best regards,
David Conger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VU2AT View Post
Hi everyone here on this blog ! I am interested in Paparazzi Autopilot for my Easystar.
But I am bit uncomfortable due to the way source code of Paparazi is compiled and no Windows based GCS so far. Anyway, I can make myself prepared to have Ubuntu OS installed on my machine.

I have a board which is primarily a different autopilot but a very sturdy design based on one of a similar processor as that of Paparazi, photo of ther board is attached for reference.

Some of the hardware features are as follows;
* STM32F405RG6 with FPU 168MHz (1024Kb Flash/32Kb RAM)
* 512KBit EEPROM
* MPU6050 Gyro/Accelerometer
* HMC5883L Magnetometer
* MS5611 Barometer
* Ultrasonic Rangefinder (not included)
* Optional external battery voltage and current monitor
* Analog and I2C ports for alternative sensors
* Board Size: 54mm X 51mm
* I2C sensor communications are at 400KHz (sensor limitations)

This board seems to be very much like http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Krooz
My question is, if it could be possible, that I could use this board as a hardware platform for the Paparazzi autopilot ?

Pls somebody help, thanks in advance.

VU2ATX
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
Hi !

Thanks a lot for showing me the door ! I have to walk through it !!

Best Regards
VU2ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330i View Post
Hello,

Windows is not Open Source. Drivers for peripherals .dll and Graphics Drivers are proprietary and change in Windows. Paparazzi is completely open from software to hardware so it is and stays on Linux. It will be good for you to learn Linux (think of the future when Windows is no more).

Just having a "similar" processor does not mean it will compile and work on it. Paparazzi runs on LPC21xx and STM32. I'm not even sure Krooz autopilot runs Paparazzi. The Wiki is free and open so anyone can list their invention on it. This does not mean it works, or works fully.

I have said it before. I will say it more in the future. I am saying it now. This is not in any way an official Paparazzi list. This is just my blog about my experience with Paparazzi. The official site for all things Paparazzi is here: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki

You will find there is a page with details how to subscribe to the email list. Join it. Questions like this are gladly answered. This is a big difference between Paparazzi and other DIY sites. Post this same question on the DIY site and they will tell you that you must use their hardware or you will not be supported. Post this question on the
Paparazzi developers list and they will support you. Maybe it won't run but if it does they will support you just the same.

This is why I say (and it is true) that Paparazzi is the only truly open project. Build your own PCBs, put your own parts on it and run Paparazzi. You are supported by the community. The community makes no money or profit from you so they are not personally interested in your money. DIY makes developers investors where they are very interested in you because you pay their checks. This is why Paparazzi really is truly just interested in helping and giving. Isn't that what Open source is about?

Someone posted a question similar to this. The response was positive from the group. Maybe you would be interested in that platform? You can search the developer list and see that question (and all others) here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/

See you on the list. Please go view the Wiki.

Best regards,
David Conger
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:50 AM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
AR Drone 2.0 UAV with Paparazzi

First fully autonomous AR Drone 2.0 integration...with Paparazzi.

This is so cool. Fully autonomous flight with an off the shelf AR Drone and Paparazzi Project (http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki) software.

Stock buy and hacking other hardware. You can fly autonomously with your AR Drone 2.0 now with Paparazzi. See it here:
AR.Drone 2 Autonomous flight with Paparazzi (3 min 41 sec)

So cool!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:49 PM
Eduardo
Brasil, RS, Porto Alegre
Joined Aug 2008
459 Posts
alt_hold

Hello David,
after a year of tests and configs my lisa_m rotorcraft is flying rocksolid and navigation is almost perfect.

For now i have only one problem: ALTITUDE HOLD.
My quadcopter not hold atitude. If oscilate +- 2meter.

My hardware is lisa_m with aspirin 1.5 that use BMP085.

I see some of your old videos showing the altitude hold and it HOLD perfect.
Whta hardware you use ? i think its old booz with booz IMU right ?

do you think the barometer (bmp085 vs booz 6115) can make the diference ?

can you help ?

btw, i teste my quad with SONAR and it work much better than barometer.

regards
agressiva is offline Find More Posts by agressiva
Old Sep 06, 2013, 04:41 AM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
where to buy the Lisa/M board?
rivaldox is offline Find More Posts by rivaldox
Old Sep 06, 2013, 04:56 AM
Crash master...
Joined Apr 2003
271 Posts
You never read Wiki?